Mule Team CPM-M4, WOW!

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
trailside22

Mule Team CPM-M4, WOW!

Post by trailside22 »

A good friend of mine called me yesterday and wanted to know if I could touch up a few knives for him. I told him sure and he came over this morning to let me polish them for him. One of them happened to be a Spydero Mule Team in CPM-M4. I have regretted not getting one and now I really do. Well, I sharpened the Kellam and the Benchmade and saved the Mule Team for last. I was sharpening on an edge pro professional model. I must say this could be the sharpest knife I have ever sharpened. I took it all the way through the 7000 grit polishing tape and then used some chrome polish on a post-it note to finish it off. The edge looked like a mirror. It would, tree top hair, whittle hair, push cut news print and even slice toilet paper. I am extremely impressed with CPM-M4 and the way it sharpens. It may even sharpen better than CPM-3V which is currently my favorite steel. I thought some of you might be interested in my experience with CPM-M4. I was pleasantly surprised.

I must humbly request more Spyderco knives in CPM-M4. I really would like to see a Military in this steel.
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

I must humbly request more Spyderco knives in CPM-M4. I really would like to see a Military in this steel.
Your not alone here, a bunch of us have been lobbying for a CPM M4 Para.
gunmike1

Post by gunmike1 »

I am a huge M4 fan as well because it gets sharper than any other steel I own and has excellent edge retention. There is a Gayle Bradley folder by Spyderco coming out this year.

Mike
christopher

Post by christopher »

I have some experience with M4 and it is a terrific steel! Do understand that Spyderco is going to make one later this year? Oh joy and rapture.
Chris :) :) :)
Josh K

Post by Josh K »

M4 Millie with a dark blue G-10. :)

I love my M4 Mule. The edge retention is outstanding and it's perfect for making push cuts on all kinds of rope.
[CENTER]Dearly wishing for a H1 Military. And a M4 Military. Add in an old school 52100 Military with wood scales while you're at it.

Keep the curved RH TD clip please!
[/CENTER]
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

I really am impressed with the edge the steel takes almost without trying. Considering how wear resistant it is it sure gets sharp easy with moderate technique. It's not an expert only steel like some I've tried. I really believe Sal picked out a good heat treat for the mule.

I typically like steels as high RC'ed as they will take, but in this case it seems about perfect. Modern powder metallurgy at it's finest, along with high quality heat and grinding. The price it came in at amazed me too, having priced the steel beforehand.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

Hmm... I would really like to try this M4.
Does anyone have any more info on the Bradley folder (size, blade shape, etc)?
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
CanisMajor

Post by CanisMajor »

You may be in luck. I was searching ebay for spydies and searched "Spyderco Mule" and one came up, and it is in CPM-M4, ends in 4 days.
Dare. Risk. Dream.

"Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in.
In my head, in my heart, in my soul.
And maybe we'll get lucky and we'll both live again.
Well I don't know. I don't know. I don't know. Don't think so."
- Modest Mouse "Ocean Breathes Salty"
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

jezabel wrote:Your not alone here, a bunch of us have been lobbying for a CPM M4 Para.
Yes, please! I'll take 2!

Ken
玉鋼