Would you buy this knife if Spyderco made it?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bohica1998

Would you buy this knife if Spyderco made it?

Post by bohica1998 »

OK, first off, I KNOW it's a crappy picture. Just something rough I threw together to get the idea across. And please, I know I have NO graphics skill. No need to belabor the obvious. :(

I call this the "Freedom" Native,

Now, would you buy one of these if they made them? This is what came to mind when I first heard about the two tan versions, the "Operation Iraqi Freedom" and the "Operation Enduring Freedom" Natives. This was my mental picture. (The idea, not the crappy picture! :D )

[ATTACH]12771[/ATTACH]

I imagined basically, the C41BBk blade and internals in the C41TN FRN handle, with the black clip and barrel bolt instead of the stainless.

I figured it would have been made as "stealthy" as possible for troops in a combat zone. I was really surprised to see actual pics showing a stainless blade and clip. :eek:

But, what do you think? Would you buy it if it were made?

(Disclaimer: I have NO forewarning, clues, or anything like that as to what is or isn't in the planning at Spyderco. This is all something I cooked up in my mind, hehe)
Attachments
tnfr.JPG
tnfr.JPG (21.14 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
El Tigre

Post by El Tigre »

Yes, I would buy one of these.

"El Tigre"
Folding knives can be classified in two large groups: Spydercos and the rest!

Please be patient, I dont speak english properly.
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

Quick Photoshop. Like this? :)
butch

Post by butch »

I figured it would have been made as "stealthy" as possible for troops in a combat zone. I was really surprised to see actual pics showing a stainless blade and clip. :eek:

[/QUOTE]

first seems like it could be fun and the native is maybe the spyderco with the most moded runs

so far as stealth thats mostly for SF wantabees not saying that noise and light discipline was not looked after in the field but
how stealthy do you think 12 hummers loaded with 81mm mortar men was
we trained for shoot and skoot as anti mortar fire could be on us within 5 shots from our OP/MP

also for the highspeed low drag guys they will fix any shortcoming any of thre gear has be that a rattle fix or rattle can of paint to match in there background
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
bohica1998

Post by bohica1998 »

so far as stealth thats mostly for SF wantabees not saying that noise and light discipline was not looked after in the field but
how stealthy do you think 12 hummers loaded with 81mm mortar men was
Hmm, maybe "stealth wasn't the right word here. What I meant was, you don't need the glare coming off a stainless steel blade when you are trying NOT to be seen. "Low Visibilty" sound better?

And paint will scrape off at the first chance. What's wrong with the knife coming in the right color in the first place?

Whieee - much better than my feeble attempt!! The barrel bolt that holds the clip on would be black too though.
18 :bug-red 's and counting so far... :winking-tongue
Current Inventory: C14SBK Rescue SE - C14SBL Rescue SE - C14PBK Rescue FG PE - C14SBK Rescue FG SE - C10PSGRWBK Endura USN CE Emerson Opener/Black Blade - LBK3HB Ladybug Hawkbill SE - C12SGY Matriarch SE G10 modded - C78PSBK Native 3 SE - C78PBK Native 3 PE - C41SBK Native 4 SE - C41PBBK Native 4 Black Blade PE - C41PSBBK Native 4 Black Blade SE - C77PYL SpyderHawk H1 PE - C106PYL Tasman Salt PE - C122GP Tenacious SE - BY22SBK Meadowlark Hawkbill SE - LGRP3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill PE - LGRS3HB USN Ladybug Hawkbill SE
Whieee

Post by Whieee »

bohica1998 wrote:Hmm, maybe "stealth wasn't the right word here. What I meant was, you don't need the glare coming off a stainless steel blade when you are trying NOT to be seen. "Low Visibilty" sound better?

And paint will scrape off at the first chance. What's wrong with the knife coming in the right color in the first place?

Whieee - much better than my feeble attempt!! The barrel bolt that holds the clip on would be black too though.
Thanks ;) I noticed the barrel, but it was a quickie ;) Maybe if I got some spare time I'll make a better version :D