My First Spyderco Fixed Blade

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
OuchThatsSharp

My First Spyderco Fixed Blade

Post by OuchThatsSharp »

Well, I've been wanting a fixed blade for awhile. I got rid of all of mine several years back, (other brands). I was kind of thinking of a full custom but with the economy the way it is and me tryin' to cut back, I checked a few different production ones out. I kept coming back to the black handled Aqua Salt PE. I received it today and all I can say is "WOW"! Not some behemoth Rambo knife but for me just the right size. Perfect for carry when I'm doing the outdoor stuff. I really like the sheath that came with it too. The blade is thicker than I thought and I like it as it gives the knife a blade heavy feel to it. This is not a wimpy knife. I like it so much, I just may have to order a SE model too.
It's better to have knife and not need it than to need a knife and not have it.
[SIGPIC]http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s145 ... opelli.jpg[/SIGPIC]
RazorSharp86

Post by RazorSharp86 »

Sweet!
Congrats on the new Spydie. Does this model go full tang or if not, where does the steel end??
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

OTS

We need pics! :) :D
Lockback

Post by Lockback »

RazorSharp86 wrote:Sweet!
Congrats on the new Spydie. Does this model go full tang or if not, where does the steel end??
Not full tang - more like 1/2 tang, if memory serves.

As much as I am a full-tang fan, I have had zero problems with Spyderco's non-full-tang fixed blades.
knife_junky

Post by knife_junky »

I own aprox 75 knives and have yet to purchase a fixed blade, cause I know once I do I wont be able to stop..
amen74

Post by amen74 »

I've been eyeing the Aqua Salt too. I might just pull the trigger on one soon. :)
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil