One good and salty deal!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
spyderHS08

One sweet and salty deal!

Post by spyderHS08 »

Got a great deal on this bad boy, $35 shipped! It has a couple light carry marks on the clip but saw little to no use, never sharpened. I would say most likely still has its factory edge seeing as how sharp it is and from what the seller said. It flew through paper right when I opened it. scary sharp serrations, I love this knife, and its price tag :)
Attachments
GetAttachment[2].jpg
GetAttachment[2].jpg (48.82 KiB) Viewed 694 times
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

as you may see, its got a couple of clip scratches.. but no big deal at all because Im going to strip the clip anyway like I did on my salt one :cool:
Im stoked to put this knife through the paces! I love the salt series and aw at how many places they can go that other knifes cannot! :spyder:
Attachments
GetAttachment[1].jpg
GetAttachment[1].jpg (52.46 KiB) Viewed 694 times
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

im still pissed that i rolled the tip on my tasman :(
its only 2 weeks old :(
yowzer

Post by yowzer »

I picked up a gently used one for $50 last week, and thought that was a steal. My first hawkbill. Haven't really used it yet, but I can certainly picture quite a few applications where it'll shine. Zip ties, packaging tape, etc...
Jay_Ev

Post by Jay_Ev »

Lucky! I never seem to come across great deals (steals?) like this. Congrats!
duff72

Post by duff72 »

Nice grab
C.O.T.C.O. honorary member
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

StangBang wrote:im still pissed that i rolled the tip on my tasman :(
I,ve done that twice - you pretty much can't avoid it if you accually use it - well, someone I lent it to did it the second time :eek: . I tried bending it back and it just broke off a wee piece. All I do is file it down on the outside (back) of the blade til you have it reshaped nicely - doesn't take much work - and sand and polish the back if you want it looking good. Slowly, I realise, my blade is losing length, but hardly noticeable. Hope this helps you in your pain - the 1st time I did it I was quite upset. :)

- best wishes, Jazz.

Oh, and SpyderHS08, great deal and great knife - it's my most used one! Enjoy it!
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Jazz wrote:I,ve done that twice - you pretty much can't avoid it if you accually use it - well, someone I lent it to did it the second time :eek: . I tried bending it back and it just broke off a wee piece. All I do is file it down on the outside (back) of the blade til you have it reshaped nicely - doesn't take much work - and sand and polish the back if you want it looking good. Slowly, I realise, my blade is losing length, but hardly noticeable. Hope this helps you in your pain - the 1st time I did it I was quite upset. :)

- best wishes, Jazz.

Oh, and SpyderHS08, great deal and great knife - it's my most used one! Enjoy it!
Thank you very much for the advice!!!!!
I am definitely going to have to do that! :D :D :D
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

StangBang wrote:im still pissed that i rolled the tip on my tasman :(
What did it take to accomplish that?
Jazz

Post by Jazz »

StangBang wrote:Thank you very much for the advice!!!!!
I am definitely going to have to do that! :D :D :D
You're very welcome, knifebro - I hope it turns out well for you - just be patient (that's hard for me) :o :)

- best wishes, Jazz.
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

Lord vader wrote:What did it take to accomplish that?
To be perfectly honest I don't remember! the tip of the tasman is very fine and I was using it for my EDC for the first weeks i got it and pulled it out the next time to notice the blade was rather dull at the tip, and it was snagging onto things and not cutting anywhere near what it did before :( upon closer examination i noticed the blade tip was actually rolled up just a tad. :(

i wasn't using the knife for anything i wouldn't expect it to do, and I was taking very good care of it :(