stupid story

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Dijos

stupid story

Post by Dijos »

I'm at work today, and 3 knife carriers are among us. a cop walks in, and I ask him "so what's the legal limit for carry here?" he turns to his partner, who says"i dunno, ah..3 inches" "yeah, anything bigger than that is just overkill" is the response. "yeak, you've got some of these guys out here with SPYDERCOS or whatever, you know, that's too much" The irony here is: #1- all three of us were carrying spydies, one of which was a police model that was a gift from another cop. #2- in our fine state, you can own a gun w/o any permit, carry it in your car w/o any licence , and shoot carjackers at will, with no legal reprecussions, but a 3 1/2" knife-whoa now! We had the highest Murder rate in the country for a couple of years, and I can't carry a 4" blade? silly..
revolvergeek

Post by revolvergeek »

Hi Dijos, nice to see someone else from Louisiana on here. No state law on the books that I have ever been able to find on blade length, so i suspect that his 3" limit was either made up off the top of his head or a local statute.

The more I hear about all the crazy laws that people in other states have to deal with, the less inclined I am to go job hunting out of state!