Mule Team CPM-M4 second

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Sequimite

Mule Team CPM-M4 second

Post by Sequimite »

I arrived at this forum too late to get the first two Mule Team releases. Once I learned of the program I immediately ordered a CPM-M4 factory second and it arrived this evening. There doesn't seem to be any flaws in the blade finish, although the hole seems to have an interior burr. The handle has any number of small flaws, but I don't know what would constitute a handle flaw. Wanted to let those of you thinking about buying a second have a report and I also have a question.

The top of the blade has the factory second notch which is very small. I thinking of taking a file and making three small cuts at the top back of the blade, one of which would wipe out the notch based on the old jazz maxim that if you do it once it's a mistake but if you do it three times it's a riff.

I'm also considering rounding the top of the blade around the hole to do away with the notch. Does anyone have an informed opinion on these options? Thanks.
Shagnasty

Post by Shagnasty »

If that would make it more appealing to you, why not? Its a second and I think the whole idea is to have fun with the blade and experience a new type of steel. You could hand sand the blade to a finish you like or blue the blade or put some sort of coating on the blade if you wanted. You could even put handles on that mechanically attached, so if you decided that you wanted to try something else you just unscrewed the handles, and put new ones on. Have fun, Just IMO.

Larry