Poll for mule team

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.

Which steel for the mule after s90v?

M2
39%
S60V
11%
CPM3V
50%
CPM 1V
No votes

Total votes: 18

Poll for mule team

Post by 710 »

Which would you want? And why? I would want m2...let our voices be heard!
"One Chance One Cut"

-Benchmade:cool:
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

The next two steels in the mule team project are chosen, and in some stage of production. It will be ZDP 189, and a 9C something steel .

About your poll. Don't you think you should give people a selection of their own? One of those steels, S60V, isn't even in production any more. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Slatts

M2?

Post by Slatts »

Don't we already have a superior steel with the Mule 2 and its' CPM-M4? I'm well aware that M2 received a cult following with another production company and for good reason. I think Spyderco would do very well indeed by making the CPM-M4 a regular feature in the lineup.
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Benchmade already has jumped on the CPM M4 train. They have an osborne, a 710, and are coming out with a pretty heavy duty 4" Lum Ti Monolock in CPM M4. There are rumors of others in the future, though they didn't make the 09 catalog.

I have gotten to like CPM M4 over M2. I have 2 folders in M4 already, and am waiting on the 710, and have the Ti Lum M4 on order already.

I like the edge it takes, and the ease of sharpening for such a high wear steel. No burr problems, and it takes a beautifull, hair screaming edge.

Personally I could do without stainless steels though I do like high performance ones like ZDP, S90V, S110V, SG2, , and yes VG10, and S30V.

I would love a manix class knife made of M4, O-1, or A2. I seem to be one of the few as I see people complaining about some of the better stainless'es corrosion resistance. I think carbon steel/alloys in folders in Spyderco's price range would only be a niche product, with the majority wanting stainless.

I accept I'm in the minority. Joe
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"

Post by 710 »

I didn't know s60v was not being made anymore... I saw it on crucible. And I got the benchmade 09. Catalogue 45 mins ago
"One Chance One Cut"

Post by 710 »

I was also told that the next mule was s90v
"One Chance One Cut"