What do you use Flitz for?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Kev-Man

What do you use Flitz for?

Post by Kev-Man »

I just bought a 1 year old truck which I am going to use for work and decided to clean the rims and use up the tires before possibly looking to Upgrade. My friend said he tried all kinds of stuff to remove the brake dust on his but never was really successful. About 3 oz of flitz and a few hours later here's the before and after picts of the last rim I did. This is actually a steel rim with that chromed plastic attachment. It does have some pinhole pits which I couldn't do anything about. What has Flitz work good for you on?

Kev.

Daniel

Post by Daniel »

It looks great!

Did you happen to have one of those buffing balls that you can use in a power drill or did you rough it by hand?

I have had great success with Flitz on knives and on plastic headlight assemblies that have yellowed from oxidation. Works really great on chrome and fiberglass, also.

If you use a power buffer or the ball that they sell, it is a lot quicker on headlight lenses and fiberglass.
WhiteWillie

Post by WhiteWillie »

I like to convex sharpen my knives. After sharpening using the course black and medium green compounds, I use a Flitz charged leather pad for the final few strokes.
Mr. Bill

Old guys just know stuff!

:spyder: ATR PE
:spyder: Chinook III
:spyder: Lil' Temperance PE
:spyder: Manix PE
:spyder: Mini-Manix PE
:spyder: Native Black Blade SE
:spyder: Native III PE
:spyder: Para Military (S30V)
:spyder: Spyderfly
Simple Man

Post by Simple Man »

I do the same thing (stropping) but with MAAS, it tends to cut a bit quicker.
Romans 8:31 ....If God is for us, who can be against us? - <><

The Spyderco hole is a rotating mechanical assembly of one part.

".....tractors don't have to look like Ferraris" -Sal
Tom v S

Post by Tom v S »

They look like new, good work!

This is my main use:
Kev-Man

Post by Kev-Man »

Rims I polished by hand. I should have broken out the powerball but i never really had too much luck with it on rims that had brake dust really built up on it.

I haven't had a chance to buy a strop yet but been looking at purchasing one for a while now. I think that or some narrow norton stones are going to be my next purchase. Flitz on a postit works good for a little bit. It polishes up the edge and makes it pretty. :D Not sure how much it does for the actual sharpness when I do it.

Kev.