Favorite EDC

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Lord vader

Favorite EDC

Post by Lord vader »

What is your favorite EDC? Mine is the pacific salt. The reason i chose this knife is it`s all around durability and corrosion resistance. "The force is strong with this one"
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I always come back to my trusty Delica 3/SE ;)
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
SpikeDog

Post by SpikeDog »

CF Caly3. It carries low and discrete, has a large enough blade for my EDC cutting, and the ZDP holds a great edge.
Cricket Bite

Edc

Post by Cricket Bite »

SE Cricket. A small knife that can do what many larger knives can.
PSU

Post by PSU »

Lately it has been an Orange UKPK. Even without a lock, it is more than adequate for my typical cutting tasks.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

Cricket Bite wrote:SE Cricket. A small knife that can do what many larger knives can.
Dynamite come in small packages. "The force is strong with this one"
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Tie between the FRN/SE E3 (have both '98 and 2k models in rotation) and ss/pe 'fly.

Been carrying my 'fly for 7 years now, and got my first endura a little over 5years ago.

I've beat the **** out of my 'fly, doing things that would make W&R either laugh for the thought of it or rock in a corner :p I've got a glasshart engraved for backup, and still have to hit my local to grab an etched one for backup while I still can.
Just waiting for the g-10 model to come out.

My '98 endura has been beat on, run over with a forklift, dropped/fell from 30' of shelving onto cement, had the clip caught enough and eventually rotated enough to damage the clip well.... custom leather sheath... and done work that would have been hard on an olfa blade. Usually either carrying my '98 on my hip or the 2k in my left pocket.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Lord vader

Post by Lord vader »

vampyrewolf wrote:Tie between the FRN/SE E3 (have both '98 and 2k models in rotation) and ss/pe 'fly.

Been carrying my 'fly for 7 years now, and got my first endura a little over 5years ago.

I've beat the **** out of my 'fly, doing things that would make W&R either laugh for the thought of it or rock in a corner :p I've got a glasshart engraved for backup, and still have to hit my local to grab an etched one for backup while I still can.
Just waiting for the g-10 model to come out.

My '98 endura has been beat on, run over with a forklift, dropped/fell from 30' of shelving onto cement, had the clip caught enough and eventually rotated enough to damage the clip well.... custom leather sheath... and done work that would have been hard on an olfa blade. Usually either carrying my '98 on my hip or the 2k in my left pocket.
How did the endura hold up after being run over with the lift? "The force is strong with this one"
Tank

Post by Tank »

Since I dont just have one.. I will go with the one I have been carrying most these days which is my Adventura. Its definatly one of my favorite and has been seeing the most pocket time as of late. Close second is my Caly three. Many of days (today included) they are both on me.
-John
wescobts

Post by wescobts »

I only have one so... Native :rolleyes: looking at the Caly 3 or a para.
learning it the hard way... :rolleyes:
Billy

Post by Billy »

I think for me, it's gotta be the Kris. Perfect combination of looks, function, pocketability, size and ergonomics. It just does everything I need an EDC to do. Others that rank high up there would be my BG-42 and D2 Millies, Big Persian and G-10 Caly 3. They all lack just a little something compared to the Kris though.
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
vivi

Post by vivi »

Police 3 :D
:unicorn
Marion David Poff
Banned

Post by Marion David Poff »

For it's quality of EDCness.... Though it had some flaws....

The micarta handled Jess Horn.

I gave mine to my Dad, and every time I see it, I miss it. And every time my brother Bryan sees it, or hears of it, you can see the wheels in his head go over.... He offered to buy it from my Dad.... I just about had a square kitten.

I think some would consider it a Holy Grail now.....

That is a knife that I miss.....
Marion David Poff
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

this CF Delica has taken the place of pretty much every Spyderco that see's my pocket nowadays

its thin, ultra light, looks very cool & the clip works wonders compared to the usual
Attachments
DSC01689.jpg
DSC01689.jpg (44.57 KiB) Viewed 2627 times
fredswartz

Salt 1 Re-profiled blade

Post by fredswartz »

Since I profiled the blade it looks like an older generation Delica. I started carrying it a week or so ago and have since used a 701 Profile stone to bring back a razor edge. I have carried a Calypso Jr. for so long that I am having trouble adjusting to the tip-up carry but that will come in time. A super lightweight knife.
hwpaintballer

Post by hwpaintballer »

My favorite EDC is a :spyder: cpm-d2 para-military, just touched it up on a sharpening rod a couple of minutes ago.
:spyder: CPM-D2 para-military:D
DavidABQ

Post by DavidABQ »

My favorite EDC? Well I do keep coming back to my original Spyderco Navigator.
DMgangl

Post by DMgangl »

I carry my Byrd meadowlark, Tasman Salt, and ladybug with me everyday. I'm looking to upgrade this holiday to a Police 3, Harpy and Cricket.

DM
Smile, it can always get worse
urbnspyd

Post by urbnspyd »

My favorite EDC is the G-10 Byrd Robin. It's small, sharp and inexpensive.
bluemist

Post by bluemist »

EDC since June w/ very little deviation.

Kriss RFP

Viele II loose clipless LBP

there are times I wished I carried a beater too
spyder spyder spyder spyder