Who EDCs their first spydie still?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonydahose

Who EDCs their first spydie still?

Post by tonydahose »

i was wiping all my spydies with some tufcloth tonbight and i pulled out my very first spydie, a combo edge black endura 3 (ATS55 steel). it has had part of its tip broken off and has been sent back to Golden 3X already..i retired it a few years back just because i dont wont to lose it. how many of you guys and gals still use your first one?
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
MojoRising

Post by MojoRising »

My first Spyderco had the FRN clip which caught on a door frame and snapped off. I lost the knife later that same day.
GoMeR

Post by GoMeR »

My first spydie is a fully serrated frn rescue. I bought it when i was 15 years old, I'm 30 now. I carried it everyday for many years until the built in plastic clip broke off. I ground the broken clip flat and stopped carrying it as often. It is still extremely sharp and i carry it every now and then when i feel i will want serrations.
I bought the knife with one of my best friends who also bought the same knife. I remember we rode our bicycles to a gun dealer, which is funny now because i was to young to buy a knife. His clip also broke and he sent it back to golden and they installed a new metal one for free. I have always meant to send it in but i never seem to get around to it. It is still to date the only fully serrated spydie i have.
THG

Post by THG »

I only got my first Spydie 4 months ago. Yes, I still carry it. Well not the past couple weeks; I shipped it over to the factory for maintenance.
Phalanx7.62

Post by Phalanx7.62 »

I still carry mine. It is a Delica SS CE.
RIOT

Post by RIOT »

man i wish i could remember what happened to my first Delica, i have no clue, that being said i dont carry it LOL
spyderHS08

Post by spyderHS08 »

i wouldnt say i carry it everyday but then again i wouldnt say i dont..lol. its a brk native..rides w/ me everywhere i go in my trucks console. rarely sees pocket time because of my newer additions! :D
39 & counting...
:spyder: E3, Para mili, Salt 1 PE, Native, D3 OD, Ladybug, UKPK, Dodo, D4, Tasman, Ladybug Salt, Smallfly, Khukuri, Para Military, USN E4, Persistence, Civilian, Yojimbo, Smallfly, Manix 2 CE, Dodo, Military, D4 , Blackhawk, Pac Salt, Military, Manix 2, Captain, Assist, D'fly PE, Spyderhawk SE, Persian, Lum tanto, Warrior, Lil Temp, Tuff, spyderfly, szabofly, :spyder:

Dodo!
Bolster

Post by Bolster »

I am ashamed to say I do not. My first is now a safe queen, a full sized Manix. I would be in tears if anything were to happen to it. I carry easily replaceable knives, now.
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
benplaut

Post by benplaut »

Last edited by benplaut on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
thread

Post by thread »

not me!
I gave my navigator II plain edge to my girlfriend when my serrated version came in. she likes the grip you can get on it.
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

i still occassionally EDC my first spydie -- a Chinook II.

my second gets EDCed frequently as well... a SE pacific.

probably my most EDCed spydies over the years have been my SE salt I, and my PE dragonfly.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Ladybug SE black FRN resides permanently on my keychain and my Native III sits in my rotation :D :p

Both excellent and both still get their fair share of use.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
kankryb

Post by kankryb »

I still edc my first :spyder: it´s a Endura G-2 se with the plastic clip.I got in Costa rica back in 1993 on my first trip outside europe. :)
spydie fanatic

Post by spydie fanatic »

s30v pe frn native from walmart...still carry it
"To Care for Those Who Shall Have Borne the Battle..." Abraham Lincoln

Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex :)
bikerdoc

Post by bikerdoc »

Being a new convert to Spyderco, yes i carry my first, a tenacious, also have a native and white endura More to come!
araneae

Post by araneae »

Ladybug circa 1996... I do still carry the little bugger from time to time.
So many knives, so few pockets... :)
-Nick

Last in: N5 Magnacut
The "Spirit" of the design does not come through unless used. -Sal
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Funny you should ask Tony....I put my first,a SE Navigator I,in my pocket about a month ago and have carried it daily since.It's scratched,has some play but I love it anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear.
pedropcola

Post by pedropcola »

Jess Horn Lightweight. Loved that knife. Got me into spydies. Don't carry it anymore, don't know why.
MountainMedic

Post by MountainMedic »

:First one was actually two. :p Somehow had enough money in 1992 to buy a yellow FRN Rescue and a black FRN SE Endura. Carried the Rescue for many years. It has now become a safe queen, even though the yellow isn't as bright as it used to be. Now the Endura is a different matter. As far as I can remember, it has been a daily companion ever since new. It's the only full SE that is in my EDC outfit(what else could I need?) Several years ago the FRN clip broke and was ground flat to convert to back pocket carry. It's there right now! :D
Mike :spyder:
thread

Post by thread »

squad314 wrote:....I put my first,a SE Navigator I,in my pocket about a month ago and have carried it daily since.It's scratched,has some play but I love it anyway.
I know what you mean - I have to force myself to replace my SE navigator with one of my slippies every once in a while. really tough, versatile little cutter, no?