New sage, sharp edge, cut finger...

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Phalanx7.62

New sage, sharp edge, cut finger...

Post by Phalanx7.62 »

I have not taken any pics yet, but I was inspecting my new sage this morning. It arrived on Saturday and must be neither the wife or I never got the mail until this morning. At first I was upset because my new knife was waiting patiently in the mail box for two days, but I immediately opened the box and was completely blown away by the presentation of this knife.

There has been much talk of the fit and finish on this knife and I am happy to report that this knife is of amazing quality. I am certain no one would balk if the blade said Golden CO instead of Taiwan.

ANYWAY...The action was quite stiff and almost sticky. I was closing the knife when I did something I have never done with a liner lock. The blade sank it tooth deep into the end of my thumb in a fillet type motion. Wow. I feel like an idiot. I almost cut the end of my thumb off! I quickly applied first aid and now I am healing. :(

Far and away the sharpest factory Spydie I received (maybe tied with my Calypso Jr).

I recommend the Sage, and some liquid bandage.

I know, I am dumb...
gldfshkpr

Post by gldfshkpr »

The way I look at it (and this happens to me) is you now have full appreciation and respect for that knife. :D Congratulations on your new Spydie.
kb

Stretch
Para Military
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Agent Starling

Post by Agent Starling »

Phalanx7.62 wrote:It arrived on Saturday and must be neither the wife or I never got the mail until this morning. At first I was upset because my new knife was waiting patiently in the mail box for two days, but I immediately opened the box and was completely blown away by the presentation of this knife.
ooh, never piss off a new knife... :eek: ;)
Phalanx7.62 wrote:ANYWAY...The action was quite stiff and almost sticky. I was closing the knife when I did something I have never done with a liner lock. The blade sank it tooth deep into the end of my thumb in a fillet type motion. Wow. I feel like an idiot. I almost cut the end of my thumb off! I quickly applied first aid and now I am healing. :(
it got its revenge, glad you're ok, been thru this myself and i have learned... :eek: :spyder: :eek:

all kidding aside, congrats on your great new Spyderco and many more!! :D

Agent Starling
"Too many was too many, but way too many was just right."
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

hope you heal quickly :)
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Phalanx7.62

Post by Phalanx7.62 »

It is supposed to be good luck to bleed on your own knife right? Maybe not?

It seems to be healing quite well now. Tough to work and play without the use of your right thumb for the most part.

This is the worst I have been cut in a long time. ( I am not a Bali-guy, I know you Bali fans are calling me a wuss right now!)

The spyder family contiunes to grow and the current list reads:

Spydercard CE
Delica SS CE
Endura 4 PE
Caly Jr Grey FRN
Lum Tanto PE
Lum Chinese green PE #553
Lum Chinese Black ZDP189
Sage
Dragonfly SS x2
Cricket SS PE

A couple more I am forgetting I am sure, I can't locate all the boxes right now.

Robb
LowSpeedHighDrag

Post by LowSpeedHighDrag »

The sage is a Taiwan knife?
MOLON LABE
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

The Sage is one of if not the best carbon Fiber knife i personaly think Spyderco has going.But my Millie S90v still is in first place :D

Hope your healing well- Henry
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
THG

Post by THG »

Phalanx7.62 wrote:It is supposed to be good luck to bleed on your own knife right? Maybe not?
Well it kinda takes bad luck to cut yourself, doesn't it?
coffeeman

sage= sharp = blood

Post by coffeeman »

I must agree with you on the cutting ability of the sage. I had picked mine up a while ago and use it as my EDC for work. Today I had to cut some packing material and thought it was tougher than it was.Well that S30v sliced into my index finger like it was a laser thru butter. I tried to get one of my emergency bandaids from my wallet before it began to bleed much, but I was too late. The funny thing was I started carrying the bandaids for my wife,but now I have been using them instead of her. This has not been my worst cut this year, but very close second place. the worst part is I use the computer most of the day and my finger has a giant bandage on it.
I sure do hate aging and becoming more careless with knives!
Special thanks to Bill W. for all of his inspiration and guidance.

Do you know Bill ?

One :spyder: for all and all :spyder: forum one!