My Viele 2 (lefties read)

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
bluemist

My Viele 2 (lefties read)

Post by bluemist »

This knife made a bad impression on me w/ the clip on. It didn't feel right in hand at all. but I bought one anyway and had the clip removed before I left the store and it is now my favorite little knife. The ergos are perfect in reverse edge out grip. I was also put off by the asymetric handle design but now I like the flat g10 side as I carry it loose in back pocket and hardly notice it is there. The blade is razor sharp, literally razor sharp. And the drop point blade is wicked to behold. I don't use my thumb to open my spydies I use my index finger so that I do not have to adjust my grip once the blade is deployed. Try it if you don't already do it that way. It is tough to do w/ this knife as the G10 side has only the smallest indention to get my finger tip in there but for a lefty this mode of deployment from deep front pocket or back pocket would be smooth, quick, and bad news for any threatening apples, cable ties, or cardboard. So with the clip the knife is far from lefty friendly but in my opinion if you lose the clip and deploy the blade with your index finger you have an excellent gentlman's pocket knife for the discriminating south paw.

The knife is light too... smooth opening once the pivot screw is loosened and locks up tight w/ zero vertical and zero horizontal play. (edited, I got the pivot just right, smooth and locks tight, no play)

I feel like these are still easy to come by and on sale where they are in stock. I think it is a a real sleeper. Is there ever buyer's remorse when it comes to Spyderco??
spyder spyder spyder spyder