The Persian Army

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Nice one Vic - great catch at a great price and nice pics too ! :p

I noticed that your bolsters are nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be - mine are much more banged up. It's like a new car: once you get over the first ding or scratch you can enjoy it a lot better :D

Make sure you post some pics of your Mini Persian once you get that ;)
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
StangBang

Post by StangBang »

ozspyder wrote:Nice one Vic - great catch at a great price and nice pics too ! :p

I noticed that your bolsters are nowhere near as bad as I thought they would be - mine are much more banged up. It's like a new car: once you get over the first ding or scratch you can enjoy it a lot better :D

Make sure you post some pics of your Mini Persian once you get that ;)
Thank you very much! Ya I just get anal about my knives :o The micarta isn't as dull now just after handling it A LOT today. I will definitely post some when the baby arrives ;) Whenever the funds permit :rolleyes:
Vic
Billy

Post by Billy »

Just keeping this one alive alongside the Sprint Run thread going in the General forum. Any new recruits for the Persian Army?? :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Ladies, Gentlemen,

Let me introduce my "precious": Amboyna burl Lil Persian by Phillip Dobson.

Pictures also by Phillip.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Left Hand Path

Post by Left Hand Path »

Wow bh49! That is fantastic!
-Nick

Join Today!
http://www.KnifeRights.org
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

bh49 wrote:Ladies, Gentlemen,

Let me introduce my "precious": Amboyna burl Lil Persian by Phillip Dobson.

Pictures also by Phillip.
Roman,
This is probably the best looking little Persian I've seen.
Craftsmanship, pictures - everything is top-notch!
Great job Phillip!
Congratulations Roman with your new toy!
Enjoy!
Mark.
"It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it." Sam Levenson
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

I'm impressed by that really nice looking Lil'Persian; absolutely good-looking!
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

That looks absolutely fantastic Roman! Persians definitely look great in wood.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Gents,
Thank you very much for kind comments. All credits go to Phillip Dobson. You can visit his web site. It is quite impressive, especially for wood lovers.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26671647@N02/
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Ooooh ahhhhh :D :p Very very nice ROman :) I am very glad you have this fantastic Persian. Is this a user ?

I think I will have to contact Phillip myself to see what he can do for me- not only Persians but a few project I have concocted in my head ;)
Cheers
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It have not been used yet, but will be. Persians are so good cutters.

Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Congratulations on that Mini Persian Roman, it's a stunning knife!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
Billy

Post by Billy »

Most beautiful Roman!! Loving those scales on the mini Persian. I agree that is THE best looking mini Persian and possibly the nicest Persian of ANY size I've ever seen. Just amazing how that wood really transformed the little guy. :D
I prefer to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.
I LOVE MY MILLIES
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
jezabel

Post by jezabel »

Finally I can play too....

Another Mini Persian bumpin in!
Attachments
persweb.jpg
persweb.jpg (47.1 KiB) Viewed 2565 times
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Excellent Jezabel ! :D

The Kiwis are stepping in with some Persian Army recruits :p Keep it up. How do you like it so far ?
Cheers
bh49

Post by bh49 »

jezabel,
Very good picture, please continue

jezabel

Post by jezabel »

ozspyder wrote:Excellent Jezabel ! :D

The Kiwis are stepping in with some Persian Army recruits :p Keep it up. How do you like it so far ?
Now Daniel are you referring to my outstanding New Zealand heritage or your latest acquisition? ;)

As far Mini Persian is concerned, this is my first (dare I say it...) "Gentlemans folder". For once I bought a knife for me, not for work. I'm finding it very refreshing carrying such a classy piece, a welcome change in direction from my trusty "work Spydies".

I've only owned this for a day so i haven't really had a chance to put it to any good use yet.... Apart from shredding up the Fed Ex box into tiny pieces in an attempt to avoid the GF's "Is that another knife" rant... :rolleyes:
There were a couple of "QC" issues with this piece, but given that I'm on the other side of the world and I don't want to part with my new knife, I don't mind fixing them myself. I also don't want to derail this otherwise fine thread!

I can tell this mini Persian is going to be at my side for a very long time. With Ed's unique blend of style and function which shines without comparison it becomes quickly apparent how this knife can turn you into a collector over night. I'm now more excited about the possible Persian sprint than any other of Spyderco's upcoming releases. I know now that I need to find this mini Persian's big brother.

bh49 wrote:jezabel,
Very good picture, please continue
Thanks BH, Now is that continue with the pictures or with buying more Persians?? :)

Now to take leaf from whynot's book....

Jezabel
Attachments
permoose01.jpg
permoose01.jpg (59.26 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
FB04PBB, C07FS4K390, C12GS, C12SBK2, C36GS, C36GTIP, C36CFM390P, C36CFTIP, C36GPBORE, C41BKPS, C44GP&SGY, C46PS, C46GPBK, C52BKP, C52FPGYE, C63G3, C65TIP, C70S, C81FG, C81GS2, C81CFM4P2, C83BM, C83GP2, C101GP, C101GPS, C101CF90VP2, C105, C134CF, C151GODTiPBK
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

jezabel wrote:Now Daniel are you referring to my outstanding New Zealand heritage or your latest acquisition? ;)

As far Mini Persian is concerned, this is my first (dare I say it...) "Gentlemans folder". For once I bought a knife for me, not for work. I'm finding it very refreshing carrying such a classy piece, a welcome change in direction from my trusty "work Spydies".

I've only owned this for a day so i haven't really had a chance to put it to any good use yet.... Apart from shredding up the Fed Ex box into tiny pieces in an attempt to avoid the GF's "Is that another knife" rant... :rolleyes:
There were a couple of "QC" issues with this piece, but given that I'm on the other side of the world and I don't want to part with my new knife, I don't mind fixing them myself. I also don't want to derail this otherwise fine thread!

I can tell this mini Persian is going to be at my side for a very long time. With Ed's unique blend of style and function which shines without comparison it becomes quickly apparent how this knife can turn you into a collector over night. I'm now more excited about the possible Persian sprint than any other of Spyderco's upcoming releases. I know now that I need to find this mini Persian's big brother.

Jezabel
Hiya Jez,

I am an ex Kiwi :D Glad to see more Kiwis in the forum here. I'm glad you like the Mini Persian. It is by no means a cut down version of the Large Persian. In fact I might even be so bold as to say it cuts better :eek: :rolleyes: Not quite sure why I think this but I think the smaller size lends to better blade control and unwasted blade length ?

I will offer you the same advice as I did for Roman/ bh49 ..... "you need at least one more :p "

And BTW: I do the same thing with delivery boxes and parcels to avoid detection and unnecessary hassles from my wife :D
Cheers
brandonreed2008

Post by brandonreed2008 »

I love how the persian looks. My local dealer has one in stock and I am going to spend the next hour thinking if I should get it or not :p
War is mostly waiting.
bh49

Post by bh49 »

jezabel wrote: Thanks BH, Now is that continue with the pictures or with buying more Persians?? :)
Jezabel
Actually, both: Persians and pictures.
It is too sad, that all of them discontinued now. I need to buy couple of Little ones myself.