AAAHHHHHhhhhh.... How hard is it to trade for a para?!?!?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
ousanas

AAAHHHHHhhhhh.... How hard is it to trade for a para?!?!?

Post by ousanas »

man, I have been trying to trade my Police (plus other blades and or cash) for a para for at least a month now. No luck at all. I suppose I can just sell the police and put it towards a para, but it would just be less hassle to trade it. :( wish knifebst was a bit more active. BF is decent too tho'

ah well, the hunt continues, guess that's what happens when spyderco makes such an awesome knife like the para, no one wants to get rid of them, and when they do they get the pick of what they want for trades.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

Yep. I know what you mean. I almost traded my Para away a few weeks ago, then at the last second decided against it. Would have regretted doing so. You're probably better off just selling your Police, and then just buy the Para you want. Sounds like that might be easier to do. Good luck! :)
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Dude,

The Para is outstanding. No offence but the Police just isn't in the same ballpark.

People who get rid of their Para's will eventually regret it. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Brad S.

Post by Brad S. »

Ironically I sold my Para this morning... err one of my para's :rolleyes:
Brad Southard

Southard Knives

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men," Colossians 3:23
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

yeah, I know they arent' really in the same league, I traded for the police a month or so ago (actually a slightly uneven trade, I made out pretty well) thinking it would be a better trade item, but it's not really, oh well, we'll see how it is as a sale item.

need to pull out all my other crappy knives and sell them off as well. just stitting here collecting dust.
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

I sold my Para :( then regretted it when I sent it off. A couple of weeks later the guyI sold it to put it back up for sale an I bought it back off him in a flash :D

I should get it any day now and will promise to carry it and love it like the prodigal son I got back :p
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

datan wrote:I sold my Para :( then regretted it when I sent it off. A couple of weeks later the guyI sold it to put it back up for sale an I bought it back off him in a flash :D

I should get it any day now and will promise to carry it and love it like the prodigal son I got back :p
lol.. :p
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

With hereing all this about the para just makes me want one :cool:
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

I very recently sold my Para, mostly because I just bought a Hinderer XM-18 and the price started to freak me out. I was already down to my last 2 Spydies and it came down to the ZDP Caly 3 and the Para. I figure the Para would be easier to find when I eventually buy another one (and I absolutely will).
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

Kaizen wrote:I very recently sold my Para, mostly because I just bought a Hinderer XM-18 and the price started to freak me out. I was already down to my last 2 Spydies and it came down to the ZDP Caly 3 and the Para. I figure the Para would be easier to find when I eventually buy another one (and I absolutely will).
I hate to say it but i think you made a good choice for it`s a lot harder right now to get a ZDP Caly then a para for which like you say it`s still in production which the Caly ZDP is not :cool:
Henry

My Wife Say`s I Buy One More Spydie She`s Going To Divorce Me....God I`m Going To Miss Her!!! :rolleyes:
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Henry1960 wrote:I hate to say it but i think you made a good choice for it`s a lot harder right now to get a ZDP Caly then a para for which like you say it`s still in production which the Caly ZDP is not :cool:
Yep, I highly doubt they'll ever get rid of the Para in one form or another, but who knows when or if they'll bring back a model that's already gone? Besides, the Caly 3 is the only knife I have that I consider a "Gent's knife".
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Henry1960

Post by Henry1960 »

Kaizen wrote:Yep, I highly doubt they'll ever get rid of the Para in one form or another, but who knows when or if they'll bring back a model that's already gone? Besides, the Caly 3 is the only knife I have that I consider a "Gent's knife".
I Have a Caly 3 v-g 10 and Caly serated edge and agree with you as being a Gentalmans knife. I only wish (but still might happen) i bought the ZDP when they where first in production :cool:
Henry

Elsilrac1

Post by Elsilrac1 »

Don't give up. I was able to trade a couple knives for my Para, and it is one of the best knives I have. It took forever, but it was worth it. If I see some for trade I will PM you.
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

actually, once again I MAY have a line on one :) waiting for a PM back from the other guy about it.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

datan wrote:I sold my Para :( then regretted it when I sent it off. A couple of weeks later the guyI sold it to put it back up for sale an I bought it back off him in a flash :D

Many moons ago I did the same thing Daniel, not with a knife, but with a gun. So I know just how you feel. :D
Henry1960 wrote:I hate to say it but i think you made a good choice for it`s a lot harder right now to get a ZDP Caly then a para for which like you say it`s still in production which the Caly ZDP is not :cool:
Just for clarification, the ZDP Caly 3 was not a Sprint Run. It was introduced as a Limited Production model. Considering how well the first batch sold, I'm reasonably confident there will be more made in the future. I think its current absence from the shelves is just another example of the difficulty Spyderco has obtaining ZDP-189 and the tough decisions they are forced to make to allocate the limited quantity they get.

That said, I would agree that at any given point in time, the Para will be easier to find than the CF/ZDP Caly 3.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

David Lowry wrote:Dude,

The Para is outstanding. No offence but the Police just isn't in the same ballpark.

People who get rid of their Para's will eventually regret it. ;)
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder:I could'nt agree more bro :cool: I am a lefty, and put off the Para for the longest time, and when I finally ordered one....I DID NOT REGRET IT:eek They are Absolutely Incredible :eek: Nope....Wouldn't sell, trade, or lend mine!!!!!!! :D
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
Domanfp

Post by Domanfp »

I got rid of my para in favor of a blue yojimbo, than I traded the yo for a BM 745, than traded that for a framelock CQC-10, which I traded for a NIB spyderco forester.

I think that was a very roundabout way to get back to spyderco.
-Frank

Delica and Endura are great knives! They're the low priced crack samples that'll get you hooked on spyderco! Feed the need!
-Michael Cook
ousanas

Post by ousanas »

YAY!! the search is over... Black Bladed PE para headed my way!!

actually had one offer from a guy, but this deal worked out even better actually.
amen74

Post by amen74 »

That's great ousanas. I'm happy you found your love. :p
Aaron

Current EDCs: Golden models
:spyder: FG D2 Military:cool: Orange UKPK:spyder:

NEXT: Rock Lobster, Manix2, TiMil