Opinions???

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

NO hard feelings ever towards anyone here on the forum. Life is too short.

I've never had the desire to own an auto at all so for me it's not a big deal. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
KSDbass

Post by KSDbass »

Raven you're the reason I cry at night. Solely because of your ability to purchase autos. :D

Really, I have no desire to use an auto. I like to be in control of everything, including the blade opening. My car doesn't have ABS or an automatic transmission, and I don't want my knives to have springs in them either.
Custom avatar courtesy of Dialex!

Bill Brasky could destroy Chuck Norris.

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

I don't like autos. There. I said it.

My Spydercos deploy as quickly and more safely than an auto. They are legal practically everywhere. They do not have the stigma of "switchblade" attached to them. I can use them for defensive cutting without hanging myself in court.

For those who love autos please don't take it personally; that just means more available for you. I just don't see the fascination. :p I have owned several autos in the past and never kept them any length of time, even when local CCW permits allowed me to carry them around and use them.

I also harbor no hard feelings towards those who can legally obtain them. Good for you. I'll stick with my thumbhole openers, thank you. :cool:

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

Dear Mr. Lecter H.

I agree on some parts concidering Auto's and AO's

They tend to be sealed inproper so dust and stuff will prefent them from working reliable.

However i doubt that spyderco would not have thought about these issues.

I see no difference in opening an auto compared to a spyderhole thumstud or brain -physical stored accustomized handling.. A few nano seconds won't make much difference.

Training and refraining or action are more reliable in my thoughts.

The most problems with civilians occure in the sence ; should i turn away or should i act.

In these last subscribed ones i would rather rely on a CLB MPT or other fixed instead of any folder... :o

Luck is that i never encountered any extreme violant response needed in civil curcomstances. In Service i have never encountered close combat. Just shooting.

Must have had more luck then others...

;)
Maarten
member of FFG Club
Raqudu

Post by Raqudu »

Raven, I have no resentment toward those who may legally obtain autos. I want my defenders to have the tools they feel that they need to do their jobs effectively. I do have resentment toward the legislators that prevent my primary defender, me, from having what tools I feel that I need.

To all those LEO's and military who want or need autos, thank you for your concern about my feelings, but please get them. Thank you also for your service, and may God bless you and keep you safe.
Raqudu :D

Freedom is never a gift. It is the "pearl of great price" in anguish won.
[RIGHT]- The Theological Concept of Freedom[/RIGHT]

"Well, it's a nice soft night so I think I'll go and join me comrades and talk a little treason."
[RIGHT]- Michaleen Flynn (Barry Fitzgerald) in "The Quiet Man"[/RIGHT]
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

MAT888 wrote:fishy to me... :(
First of all. AO's are still legal here. Appart from the Hirsh Ballim's ( our MOJ) ban on auto's and balisongs.
By Dutch law, the AO is just a automatic.
The AO exists by the grace of a loophole in US law, which is not the case in Dutch law.
If you want one, get it now, before the iron curtain unfolds.

Or start making knives.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
MAT888

Post by MAT888 »

Piet.S wrote:By Dutch law, the AO is just a automatic.
The AO exists by the grace of a loophole in US law, which is not the case in Dutch law.
If you want one, get it now, before the iron curtain unfolds.

Or start making knives.
Well Piet it is getting out of hand in or land that you are not supposed to cary a tiny kershaw leek in your pocket.
:mad:

I''m not sure about the legaslation in our country it all looks blurrrrrrrr to me. :D

Politicians suck.
Maarten
member of FFG Club
44Magpie

Post by 44Magpie »

*Edited* TazKristi
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

MAT888 wrote:I''m not sure about the legaslation in our country it all looks blurrrrrrrr to me. :D

Politicians suck.
I'm afraid the future is pretty clear Maarten.
If only because we have no voice.
All your knifelinks, http://www.knifelinksportal.com
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

It's no big deal although I'm sure that there is a certain amount of green eyed monster, especially from the die hard completist collectors. I'm in the UK so despite being in the Military I very much doubt that I'll even get to see one of these. I'm sure I could get hold of one if I really tried but whether it would get through customs is another matter entirely! I won't even be trying. ;)
Ian UK

Post by Ian UK »

Sam

As you know Im only a few miles away, personally I cannot see what difference an auto has over a manual if in the hands of a lunatic. :eek:

People kill people not knives or guns, but soon us in the UK will not be able to by cocktail sticks for fear of being arrested for possesing an offensive weapon. :mad:

The country is going mad, banning samuria swords because they have curved blades and not straight edged swords wheres the logic? :confused:

The Police are worse armed than the thugs thanks to do gooders, I'd give all Police officers tazers, that will sort the cheeky little drunk yobs. :D

However hopefully we will be OK out of the town in the country. :)

Hope you are OK Ian
:spyder: IAN UK Collector #116.
Sam Vimes

Post by Sam Vimes »

Ian UK wrote:Sam

As you know Im only a few miles away, personally I cannot see what difference an auto has over a manual if in the hands of a lunatic. :eek:
Ian,
I agree entirely, the law is an ***. I'm an angler, hunter and knife nut. I suspect that it won't be too long before I'm considered utterly socially unacceptable. :eek: ;) :D