The Embassy???

Discussion of Restricted Models by Spyderco.
raven

The Embassy???

Post by raven »

Hey All, Does anyone have some info on the Embassy??? I was curious on the size and if it comes in PE??? I viewed a sweet pic from Mr. Blonde and it showed it as a SE. I can't really tell from the pic, but is it about the same size as the Citadel??? Any info would help. Take Good Care and Be Safe All.

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

The Embassy is...

Overall length: 7-3/8" (187mm)
Blade: 3-1/8" (79mm)
Edge: PE & SE
Weight: 3.7oz (105g)

This should help.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
raven

Post by raven »

Hey Kristi, THANK YOU for the info it helps a TON ;) . I really appreciate it. I will definately be getting this spydie :cool: :p . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

I'm so glad Spyderco is Starting to make Autos...

On the topic of new-fangled Spydies.... I would love to see some more aluminum handles (and deffanately no more Foliage Green)... An Aluminum handled E4 would be sweet!
raven

Post by raven »

Does Anybody Know the Release Date for the Embassy??? Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

sal

Post by sal »

A batch went into QC yesterday.

sal
TVOSK

Post by TVOSK »

Thats great news! I have one pre-ordered! Cant wait to get it....
Courage is rightly esteemed to first of human qualities... because it is the quality that guarantees all others. -Winston Churchill
raven

Post by raven »

Hello Sal, Sorry for the late reply :o . Thank You Much for The Heads Up Sir. It's Very Much Appreciated ;) . Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-raven-

McBain

Post by McBain »

I had a question about the auots in general...... Are they only automatic open?? or are they automatic close as well??
The one thing that I love about my Spydies, is that I can close all my knives one-handed. Would you need two hands to close an automatic??
-The children are right to laugh at you Ralph, these things couldn't cut butter-
TazKristi

Post by TazKristi »

McBain wrote:I had a question about the auots in general...... Are they only automatic open?? or are they automatic close as well??
The one thing that I love about my Spydies, is that I can close all my knives one-handed. Would you need two hands to close an automatic??
McBain,
They are automatic to open only. You can close them one handed rather easily with some practice.

Kristi
There is nothing more important than this one day.
raven

Post by raven »

Hey All, FWIW ... The Embassy Is Available through Knife Center ... here's a pic of the PE Version. Looks somewhat of a "Wharncliff Type Blade". Take Good Care All and Be Safe Always.

BTW, You have to have LEO or Military Credentials to purchase through Knife Center. There is also a form you have to download and fax back to them before any purchase of autos. They appear to be everything by the book and also have a copy of the Federal Statute to read before considering an Auto Purchase ;) .

God Bless All :)

-raven-
Attachments
121p.jpg
121p.jpg (50.08 KiB) Viewed 5858 times

ClockWork

Post by ClockWork »

McBain wrote:I had a question about the auots in general...... Are they only automatic open?? or are they automatic close as well??
Don't Have my Cit yet...

Something that you might not have thought about is;
Auto's have a "resistance" to closing. You have to compress the blade back into the closed position. Because your re-tensioning the opening spring when you are closing it. You can't "flick" it closed like a manual knife.

If your wanting a Auto Closing knife as well... They make them, But there different than a regular Side-Opening Auto. There are called Out-The-Front or OTF Autos. The blade slides out the front of the handle, with the Push of a switch... and automatically retracts by pulling the switch back. Microtech, Benchmade, Pirahna, and some others make them. They are not cheap - Think around 300 plus. If you see a Cheap one, its a Fake. The fake ones tend to break quickly, Dont wast your 20 or 40 bucks or whatever there charging.

Hope thats OK info

-CLocks
:) Favorites: Black Paramil w/ D2 blade, PE Mini-Manix, S90v Military, Civilian, SE Dodo, PE Police, Sage

Vist my eBay store: Life and Liberty Gear
Tactical & MOLLE gear, Headgear and more

stores.ebay.com/Life-and-Liberty-Gear