Next Mule Steel ?

A place to share your experience with our Mule Team knives.
Manix Guy 2

Next Mule Steel ?

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Many of us voiced are choices recently to Sal concerning the next Mule steel . When will we be notified abour the next Mule generation ? Regards MG2
Blackhair

Post by Blackhair »

Probably not until at least after the first Mule run sells out. ;)
Back from an extended hiatus.
Franco G

Post by Franco G »

Blackhair wrote:Probably not until at least after the first Mule run sells out. ;)
The first mule is not available anymore. Sold?

Franco
Spyderco: NON MULTA SED MULTUM

My islands
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

wonder if sal and co might make some mules in SE? i'd be very interested in a SE mule indeed...
butch

Post by butch »

im going to hope for a swap back and forth from a stainless to high carbon and back over and over to keep things interesting

the box was marked P so maybe at some point a S might pop up but i would hope that its in a steel that you can already get in PE as for testing i would hate to grind off all the teeth just to be fair to all the other PE mules
Lloyd R Harner III (Butch)
a step forward
working my way to a licence to drill
http://www.harnerknives.com
The Mastiff

Post by The Mastiff »

Butch, I believe Sal is going to keep things as consistant as possible. As far as the next steel goes I have a few I'd like to use but I have to admit I'd as soon see Sal make the descisions. He hasn't steered us wrong yet.

Gayle Bradley dropped hints to a knife magazine that Spyderco was going to try out CPM M4 sometime. Gayle has been using CPM M4 in competition for awhile and does well with it. Perhaps someday we'll see a Mule in that steel. Being Spyderco sponsors Gayle He'd probably be willing to help with heat treat reccomendations and such.

In the mean time Whatever Sal picks is fine with me. This 52100 mule turned into a really hot item and will be fun to work out. The next one will be even more well known to the whole knife community than this one was.
"A Mastiff is to a dog what a Lion is to a housecat. He stands alone and all others sink before him. His courage does not exceed temper and generosity, and in attachment he equals the kindest of his race" Cynographia Britannic 1800

"Unless you're the lead dog the view is pretty much gonna stay the same!"
Manix Guy 2

Agree

Post by Manix Guy 2 »

Yes I agree Mastiff , whatever is chosen next will be ok with me , and I support the theory the next Mule may be a stainless . MG2
SimpleIsGood229

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

I'm hoping for a stainless one, personally. The Mule is gonna be a user for me. Being in Houston, stainless does make more sense (for me, anyway).
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
Slick

Post by Slick »

I planned on a cord wrap solution for cheapness and consistency to easily compare mule steels. The carbon steel concerns me. I sweat and live in the SE. My little ultrasonic cleaner is too small to tank a mule.

I'm thinking about giving the 51200 a good workout then unwrapping it to prevent the inevitable problems. I really didn't want to do scales on these.

Time will tell.
Not really all that slick ;)