I Love My Leatherman!

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
SimpleIsGood229

I Love My Leatherman!

Post by SimpleIsGood229 »

Howdy y'all,

Well, what can I say? I've used my Leatherman Charge TTi to bail myself out of so many situations, it's not even funny! From needing a Torx driver to install fridge handles, to opening cans of beans to driving screws where a drill couldn't fit, to forcing open a stubborn set of elevator doors. Seriously, this thing is on me all day, every day!

I'm kind of itching for a Leatherman Crunch right now. Locking pliers in a multi-tool. With the Crunch and the TTi together, I'd have a tool box on my belt!

So, which Leatherman(s) do you love?
God Bless Texas!
[RIGHT]Avatar courtesy of Dialex[/RIGHT]
Μολὼν λαβέ

2009 - Birth of the H-1 Spyderhawk! Thank you, Sal!
jujigatame

Post by jujigatame »

Got a Juice S2 that rides on my Versipack. I like the size because it's not heavy or obtrusive but has enough strength to handle most incidental jobs. As a Syracuse alum, the fact that I could get it in orange was a bonus. One thing I'd change about it would be to have the pliers spring-loaded.
~ Nate
Kaizen

Post by Kaizen »

Leatherman Wave (old version) in my bag everyday. My primary knife (generally a Spydie) changes daily, but the Wave is consistent. I hate to say it, but's been more consistently useful to me than any other knife in regular activities.
Also "Kaizen1" on BF, "ignoramus" on CPF & EDCF. "kaizenrei" on KF, "Kaizen" on USN.
Alteran

Post by Alteran »

I carry my TTI clipped everyday. You made a great choice!
Firefighter880

Post by Firefighter880 »

Love my Leatherman, too!

I just have the regular old Kick (well, the newer version with the rubber around the handles) and I carry it everyday!

When I bought one of my SMF's from BlueLineGear.com, they sent me this awesome blackhawk knife/ mag pouch that my Leatherman fits into perfectly. I wear that horizontally on the small of my back to keep it up out of the way and it works like a charm. Used to just carry a go-to knife and a smaller backup knife, but now I just carry the one knife and my Leatherman.

Gotta love 'em!!
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER]

[CENTER]"Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear." [/CENTER]

Current Spyders: Civilian, Matriarch, Endura 3 CE, Endura 4 CE, Endura 4 SE, SS Endura 4 SE, Lava, Manix CE

Spyders of the Past: ATR, BlackHawk, Bob Lum Tanto, Chinook 3, Dodo, Gunting, Karambit, Lil Temp, Manix PE, Para Mili, Ronin, Yojimbo, Mili, Native
MANIXWORLD

Post by MANIXWORLD »

Dude nice Leatherman-ive got a Sideclip,great value for great price.
I cant wait till the NEW Leatherman Skeletool is available,gotta get that one.
MW.
Zwaplat

Post by Zwaplat »

I have a New Wave, came in really handy several times. That's what you get when you go on vacation with people in wheelchairs. :rolleyes:
I've broken down a bed, repaired another, tightened many screws, cut ropes,... Small jobs, perfectly suited for a multitool.
Help science, join Folding@Home !
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

My Wave earned itself a position of honor in my car long ago... only reason I don't carry it on my person is that it's a bit on the heavy side and I like to go as lightly heeled as possible. Pocket knife, cell phone, keys and cash only.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright
deeker

Post by deeker »

I have four Leatherman tool. They range from the Core at the large end of things, through to the Kick, Juice S2 (in orange) and finally the Squirt S4 (in grey).

I love the tool choices on the Core, but it's just too big to carry around all day. I have it stashed in the centre console of my truck. I wear my Kick most days, on occasion the Juice - but it's usually in a back-up role now. The Squirt, it doesn't do too much any more.

The one I would most like to have would be the Blast. Combines all of the tools I would most likely need into one tool.
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Core on the belt, Surge in the vest (with the set of tips & saw), Juice s2 in bag, and Squirt EL on belt....

think I have enough of em yet?
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Bolster

AL or ALX vs TTi?

Post by Bolster »

Anyone own the Charge AL or ALX? I'm trying to decide between one of those and the Charge TTi. I could use some help!
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
SimpleIsGood229

Bolstermanic wrote:Anyone own the Charge AL or ALX? I'm trying to decide between one of those and the Charge TTi. I could use some help!
I'll give a quick rundown of the differences between the Charge models:

Charge TTi:
Titanium outer handles
PE blade made of S30V
Guthook on the SE blade
Scissors
One exchangable bit driver
Crimping notch on pliers
Eyeglass screwdriver
Large, fixed, straight screwdriver

Charge Ti:
Discontinued model, but still available
Titanium outer handles
PE blade made of 154CM
No guthook
Scissors
One exchangable bit driver
No crimping notch on pliers
Eyeglass screwdriver
Large, fixed, straight screwdriver

Charge XTi:
Discontinued model, but still available
Titanium outer handles
PE blade made of 154CM
Guthook on the SE blade
Crimping notch on pliers
Loses the large, fixed, straight screwdriver and scissors in favor of another exchangable bit driver
Comes with an extra bit

Charge ALX:
Basically the same as the Charge XTi, except with aluminum outer handles

Charge AL:
Basically the same as the Charge Ti, except with aluminum handles
God Bless Texas!
Μολὼν λαβέ

Bolster

Post by Bolster »

That's very helpful indeed, thank you.

Anybody have opinions on the difference in feel and handling between Ti and aluminum?
Steel novice who self-identifies as a steel expert. Proud M.N.O.S.D. member 0003. Spydie Steels: 4V, 15V, 20CV, AEB-L, AUS6, Cru-Wear, HAP40, K294, K390, M4, Magnacut, S110V, S30V, S35VN, S45VN, SPY27, SRS13, T15, VG10, XHP, ZWear, ZDP189
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Picked up a Charge SLV & C303 leatherman set in costco today, 99cad...
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
SimpleIsGood229

Bolstermanic wrote:That's very helpful indeed, thank you.
No problem, man!
Anybody have opinions on the difference in feel and handling between Ti and aluminum?
I've never handled the AL ones. The outside edges of Ti handles are much more rounded than their counterparts on new Wave, FWIW.

Before we go any further, do you care much about S30V or 154CM? If you want S30V, the TTi is your only option.
God Bless Texas!
Μολὼν λαβέ

bladese97

Post by bladese97 »

:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: I love, and have a few Leathermans. The fuse, the crunch, 2 Charges, 1 original, and 2 waves(I don't know the model#s)!
:spyder: :spyder: :cool: :spyder: :spyder: "Spyderco...does a pocket good":spyder:
Spyderco Rocks!!!! "A wise man once said all knives were created equal...Obviously, he meant Spydercos''
As of 1-29-08, I am a proud member of Knife Rights!
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

hey guys big sale going on with the leathermans..here is a link to that thread.
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30659
WTC #1444 Always Remember
Need info on a particular :spyder:, just click here
My knives
Spydie count: a few:D