P'kal pics please

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
catamount

P'kal pics please

Post by catamount »

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the P'kal I have on backorder. I'd be most grateful for some pics from the excellent photographers here to help tide me over :D
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

catamount wrote:I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the P'kal I have on backorder. I'd be most grateful for some pics from the excellent photographers here to help tide me over
I don't consider myself in that group, just hope these will do till one of them chimes in.

[CENTER]Image

Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

The Deacon wrote:I don't consider myself in that group, just hope these will do till one of them chimes in.
With pics like this, you should. :)

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
Peter1960

Post by Peter1960 »

Mr Blonde wrote:With pics like this, you should. :)
I second this, pure understatement of a gentleman :)
Peter - founding member of Spydiewiki.com

"Integrity is being good even if no one is watching"
Spyderco's company motto
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Yeah Paul, those pic's are right there with the best I've seen on this Forum! ;)
I see you have mastered the Macro. :cool: :)
catamount

Post by catamount »

I agree. Thanks Paul :)
Tom

[url]http://spydercovt.com[/URL]
Sequimite wrote:I use knives. I collect experiences.

I'm an admirer of Spyderco's designs. Using them is like immersing yourself in music or studying a painting in a museum. I buy some "fine" art but my preference is for usable art.
Junior avatar courtesy of dialex
enyong112

Post by enyong112 »

very nice pics!!! what is the lock on that called? :confused: is that new? is the p'kal the only knife that has that type of lock?
Cool as Ice... Clear like Water...
PSU

Post by PSU »

enyong112 wrote:very nice pics!!! what is the lock on that called? :confused: is that new? is the p'kal the only knife that has that type of lock?
It's called a Ball Bearing Lock. The ball is enclosed in a translucent cage.
People say, oh it's dangerous to keep weapons in the home, or the workplace. Well I say, it's better to be hurt by someone you know, accidentally, than by a stranger, on purpose. - Dwight The Office

It's okay for me to talk about my job, as long as I'm not specific. I am the Sergeant of a three-man Rapid Tactical Force at one of America's largest indoor retail shopping areas. - Gecko_45

The more you learn about knives, the better Spyderco looks. - Sal
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

What is the knife especially designed for? SD? EDC? Letter opener? lol, just kidding. But serious, what is it designed for?
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
Th232

Post by Th232 »

Lostification wrote:What is the knife especially designed for? SD? EDC? Letter opener? lol, just kidding. But serious, what is it designed for?
It's designed for SD in a reverse edge-in grip, using a Filipino system called Pikal. Designed by SouthNarc (and a couple of others?).
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Th232 wrote:It's designed for SD in a reverse edge-in grip, using a Filipino system called Pikal. Designed by SouthNarc (and a couple of others?).
Hope you don't mind a slight correction here TH232....Pikal is not a Filipino system but rather a method of blade use. Various Filipino stick fighting systems use the method. Pikal by best definition means 'to rip'. As Th232 has already describe it is for SD in reverse grip edge facing inwards towards your own body..Pikal method is different from other Filipino blade applications.
The method is basically a thrusting application similiar to a sewing machines mechanics. Using footwork and proper timing to aggresively engage your opponent with thrusting techniques until a thrust has been blocked at which time the edge in theory allows one to hook and shear his opponent's blocking limb down to the bone and then when a line is clear resume his thrusting motions. This is the basic method of application...There exist much much more...but this ought to answer the question of what was this knife designed for.....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Doc, wasn't the underlying system more related to Pekiti Tirsia (sp?), an Indonesian art?

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-28-2024 Instagram
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Mr Blonde wrote:Doc, wasn't the underlying system more related to Pekiti Tirsia (sp?), an Indonesian art?

Wouter
Yes Wouter Pekiti-Tersia and others but they are filipino martial arts....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*