Spyderco Stainless A.T.R. SE

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Fred Sanford

Spyderco Stainless A.T.R. SE

Post by Fred Sanford »

Today I received this beautiful knife in the mail. It arrived from a trade from one of our own forumites here. You might know him. He really likes hawkbills and was the first one that was able to test out the Tasman Salt before it hit the public. ;)

I love it. It's perfect in every way. It's a lot thinner than I thought, but that's good because it fits in the pocket perfectly. You can see that the knife was setup for left hand tip up, but shortly after these pics were taken I switched the clip over to right hand tip up.

I love the compression frame lock. It's freaking really awesome. As most of you know I love the compression lock on the Para-Military and this is even better. What a great knife. The serrations on this bad boy are super aggressive. I love 'em.

I'll be EDC'ing this after work and on the weekends for a while to see how she does.

Thanks brother! :)

"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

-(That's a pretty ugly knife. Those are some of the worst pictures youv'e ever taken, Mr. Lowry.)

Solve algebraicly.
Para-Military - CPM S30V
Delica - VG-10
Tasman Salt - H1
spyderdog

Post by spyderdog »

those pics really look nice, David. Are the serrations as aggressive as on your millie SE? How much heavier does it feel?
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

spyderdog wrote:those pics really look nice, David. Are the serrations as aggressive as on your millie SE? How much heavier does it feel?
It feels just a tiny bit heavier than the Mili. Not much. I don't notice it in my pocket.

The serrations on this knife are the most aggressive that I've seen. The Native III SE is pretty close in aggressiveness to the ATR.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
TazKristi

Purely a Personal Post...

Post by TazKristi »

David,
You will continue to enjoy the ATR. As most here know, it's my favorite. It's with me daily.

Taz
There is nothing more important than this one day.
Hannibal Lecter

Hmmm...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friends,

The ATR is a fabulous knife - I just never carried it. Ever. :o

A correction, if you will permit: it was actually set up for right-hand front pocket carry; I intended to add a zip-tie and Wave it open into reverse grip, but never got around to it. :p

Enjoy, my friend; I have no doubt that it will serve you well!

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Thanks Kristi. I had heard you carried one but forgot about it. :)

Hannibal, Thanks for the info. I would have never guessed on the waving it into reversed grip.

On a side note, I noticed if you practice you can wave it out of your pocket just via the cobra hood. :)