Photo request, QuinceKopa

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
gull wing

Photo request, QuinceKopa

Post by gull wing »

Has anyone a good shot of this one.

By "good" I mean better than the ones I produce.
SCARAMOUCHE! :bug-red-white
ozspyder

a couple.

Post by ozspyder »

Hey gullwing,

Here's a couple I toook a while ago. I have 2 of them, but this is my personal favourite as it has more whorls and tiny knots of different colours. I really like the contrast in the figuring. The other one has dark figuring amongst the dark wood, which some may say is classier, but this is more 'stimulating'

Here are the two in the open position for comparison.
Cheers
Daniel (Certified Persian & Kopa nut)
Facebook profile: https://www.facebook.com/ozspyder
:spyder: I love my: Persians, Kopas, and Lums
:spyder: * Daniel's Spyderco Hoard *
:spyder: * Ozspyder's Kopa Kabana *
WhyNot

Post by WhyNot »

Hey, dull wing!
I am not sure if it is good enough, but here are a couple of pictures I did not post before...
If you like what you see, there are more pics of Black Quince in "Whynot's Corner" here in Picture Gallery.
Datan,
I think you've got absolutely gorgeous piece of Black Quince on your Kopa (the closed one. BTW it is the best picture IMHO).
WhyNot.

WhyNot
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Here are a few more, although not as good, IMHO, as the ones already posted.

[CENTER]

[/CENTER]

Do help illustrate the variety of patterns the quince displays.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Great pictures guys. I like yours much more than mine. It looks just black. How do you do these little magic things?????????
Probably I should look better at my black quince Kopa. :)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Thank you all.
The photos are great.
The wood is beautiful!
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

OMG! How come I've never seen the Kopa before? O_o

THat thing is absolutely beautiful, and better yet, it has a pocket clip!

:druel:

It's probably expensive as ****, so I'm gonna look it up and dissapoint myself. :(

Edit: As I suspected.... :(
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Hey Lostification,

The Kopa is a bit of a sleeper, as per other threads, there are some models in Spyderco's lineup that just don't make it to catalogues or the website. Kopa's are 1/600 sprint runs and hence they tend to be for persons who are keen on it only.

I love the Kopas and they are similar in many ways to the Kiwi.

They are a tad more expensive than your average Spydie :spyder: , but if you can give up 2 Spydies to buy one Kopa, then you will see how well made they are and what a little beast it can be. A gentlemans folder it is. The fit and finish is pretty much faultless.

If you can handle one in person it will change your mind. I know I can't wait for the next 2 to be released (sometime very very soon :p :D ). I initially wanted to only get 1 Kopa for EDC. The price put me off EDC'ing it. But now I have ended up with about a dozen with many more yet to come.

Cheers
Daniel
Cheers
Lostification
Location: Sunset Beach - Haleiwa - Oahu - Hawaii - USA - Earth - Milky Way - 2ZS467 XD1 211 - Ä↔ôáÖºî±&#

Post by Lostification »

Actually, change that, I just found it for $124 on NewGraham.com. I saw the MSRP on this website and it said $300.

$124 isn't bad at all for me becuase I have been considering a Para-Military BK PE for a while now. The MSRP really throws you off, haha! :o

The Black Quince Kopa really is beautiful. Is it just me or is the blade very similiar to the Calypso?

Where does one purchase a Black Quince model??? NG only has the Evrina and Apple Coral models.

Edit: Nevermind, I'm blind as a bat! NG actually has the Black Quince! And for only $99. It's cheaper than the rest of the models for some reason. They have a Cocobolo model ($114) which I would MUCH rather pay the extra but it is out of stock

Double Edit: OMG, I didn't know it was such a small knife.... :mad: 2.5" blade and 5 3/25" length open?

****. :o
bh49

Post by bh49 »

It is small, but gents knife is not supposed to be large, I think. Kopas are gorgeous.
I agree with you, I think Cocobolo is much nicer than Black quince. But is was one of the fist Kopas, so now it is difficult to find. If you patient, you can watch bay and get one. I bought one for EDC about couple month ago "used in great codition" (I would never think, that it was carried) for about $80 :p
I saw Evrina and Micarta sold for the same price, Corals under $100, GMP for about $140 (once for $104, too bad I already had mine :( ).
Good luck, Kopa is amazing knife.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
ozspyder

Post by ozspyder »

Quince Kopa is currently the best value. The Evrina is also good value as not many people like the 'plasticy' look. I actually like the Quince, very nice alternative to other black ones.

You can see the Caly hritage, and got hints of the Dragnfly as well. It is the leaf shaped blade that gets you by the short an curlies :D

And yes, it is a very small gentlemans folder, hence the argumentfor bang for buck. For the same money you can get a larger Spydie. But for fit and finish the Kopa is close to the top of the ladder (just my opinion, don't hang me for it)

Get a Quince, you won't regret it :p :)

Daniel
Cheers
Lostification

Post by Lostification »

Let's just say if they made one with a 3 1/4" blade with a proportionate frame, I'd be more than glad to pay up to $160.

I think my dream knife would be a Caly inlayed with Koa wood. :D It'd look pretty darn close to a Kopa, haha!

You know what the problem with these beautiful knives are? You can't really even use them, lol. That's why I'm leaning towards something like a Para-Military with a black blade or something. ^_^ Any suggestions people?

I should make my own post instead of jacking this one. :o :D :p
gull wing

Post by gull wing »

Next payday.