[WIP] A new character drawin'

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
dedguy

[WIP] A new character drawin'

Post by dedguy »

Probably going to make this into a wallpaper similar to the Nine and Eight Wallpapers I made a little while ago.

I wanted to do a finished piece where you could actually see what Nine looks like. "Unmasked" if you will.

I've been posting progress shots as I've been working on it. You guys are lucky in that you get to see them so far all at once! Still not done yet though.

"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

Does he like.......eat people or something?

He looks like he's mad at numbers or something. :D

Is the blood on his mouth from him eating his fist? The last pic sorta looks like he's skiing. :)

LOL......just kidding man. Neat stuff.
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

He's a warrior, an elite class of enforcer for an organization known as "the Tangle". He's also the youngest of the nine existing Rue (or vampires). I was going for a battle damaged look. His face is all cut up too and he has bullet holes in the fabric covering his armor and one in his left arm (which has already healed). I was going for sort of story through just one image of one character. He's also lost the helmet he normally wears.
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

dedguy.net
DRod

Post by DRod »

Thats pretty **** cool. And I gotta say, it makes a **** of a back ground. Good job.
In the time of chimpanzees, I was a monkey.
Give us clear vision, that we may know where to stand and what to stand for - because unless we stand for something, we shall fall for anything.
~ Peter Marshall, US Senate Chaplain 1947

Post by 224477 »

Cool character, I keep enjoying your stuff :)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
tglahn17

Post by tglahn17 »

Hi, dedguy,

I really like your study sketch. Excellent foreshortening of the left forearm and hand. Later,
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Background is still unfinished, trying some things out. The rest is pretty much done though.
dedguy.net
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

Clean version:
dedguy.net