Show your EDC

A place for you to post your pictures of Spyderco knives. Read Announcement before posting!
Darklight111

Re: Show your EDC

Post by Darklight111 »

vivi

Post by vivi »

this has been my setup so far in 2024. Will be switching to the Stretch XL in a couple months.

Sharpmaker with medium & diamond rods (backpack)
BT Headphones (chef coat)
Chapstick (pockets)
Nitecore TIP 2 & keys (pockets
Leatherman Squirt PS4 (pockets)
Leatherman Rebar (backpack)
My own 3 spice blend (approx 6,000-8,000 scoville, backpack)
Fisher Military pen (chef coat)
Sharpie (chef coat)
Chums wallet...bandit I think (pockets)
Nitecore EDC27 (backpack during the day, pockets at night)
Cold Steel 4-Max Scout OD Green (pockets)
Cold Steel commercial series 10" chef knife (backpack)
Phone
Watch (Garmin Forerunner....945 I think)
:unicorn
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 9:55 pm
this has been my setup so far in 2024...
Always enjoy seeing your system. 👍

Wallet and keys are what I always struggle finding good solutions for. After trying a couple different options, I'm back to a normal carabiner and split ring for my keys, clipped inside my pocket to keep them quieter. I've tried different wallets, but always go back to a diy duct tape wallet or just a simple ranger band. I've been curious about the Chums wallets, might give that Bandit a try.

How are you liking the 4-Max?
vivi

Post by vivi »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:41 am
vivi wrote:
this has been my setup so far in 2024...
Always enjoy seeing your system. 👍

Wallet and keys are what I always struggle finding good solutions for. After trying a couple different options, I'm back to a normal carabiner and split ring for my keys, clipped inside my pocket to keep them quieter. I've tried different wallets, but always go back to a diy duct tape wallet or just a simple ranger band. I've been curious about the Chums wallets, might give that Bandit a try.

How are you liking the 4-Max?
I love it. It's probably the most comfortable folder I've used. It's kind of like a lockback Manix XXL.

I did not expect to like it with how heavy it is, but after using it a few times I fell in love. I like it enough I have a second on the way. All black. Very good value at $50-60. It felt a little awkward closing one handed at first, using the same method I use with spyderco lockbacks, but I'm used to it now. Only real complaint is having to remove the thumb studs or angle the blade to sharpen at the lower angles I prefer.

I carry my SR1 Lite like I am today when I want something very beefy but slimmer and lighter in the pocket. Same thickness in the blade (5mm).

I plan to do a write-up comparing all my cold steel folders sometime soon in the off-topic section.

Chums makes a few different models, they're all pretty slim, light and cheap. Bandits are about $20 and I also have their surf shorts wallet.

For my keys I've found keeping a minimal set of things on the keyring and pocket carrying works for me. That's one reason I keep the squirt off my keychain
PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

vivi wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2024 8:55 pm

I've had a few Cold Steel folders in the past. Currently have a CTS XHP Hold Out 1 (6") and carry it occasionally. Loved the feel and ergos of the Large Voyagers (Tri-Ad). I've been thinking about getting another one or something similar, just less interested in folders lately and worried it wont get carried much.

Wound up buying a Chums Surfshorts wallet at local store. Happy with it so far 👍
vnvman

Post by vnvman »

*doublepost
Last edited by vnvman on Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vnvman

Post by vnvman »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:22 pm
vivi wrote:

I've had a few Cold Steel folders in the past. Currently have a CTS XHP Hold Out 1 (6") and carry it occasionally. Loved the feel and ergos of the Large Voyagers (Tri-Ad). I've been thinking about getting another one or something similar, just less interested in folders lately and worried it wont get carried much.

Wound up buying a Chums Surfshorts wallet at local store. Happy with it so far 👍
I would highly recommend you try out a Voyager Vaquero XL. I bought it just for fun and ended up carrying it non stop. It's very light for the size. Yeah it's thick but if you carry it IWB appendix without the clip some sort of black magic happens: it stays there put and you don't even feel it. Maybe it's the pistol grip style handle keeping it hooked to the belt, I don't know. It's mind blowing and addicting to be able to carry a 5.5" knife this easy. It takes a while to make all of this blade go dull. Plus due to the size and the grip length you can actually chop a bit and clean brush which are pretty uncommon feats for a tool that you can easily have on you at all times.
BMF

Post by BMF »

PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

vnvman wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2024 3:36 pm
I’ve had a Tanto XL Voyager before and really liked the handle. The Vaquero could be fun to try out!
vivi

Post by vivi »

vnvman wrote:
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
vivi wrote:

I would highly recommend you try out a Voyager Vaquero XL. I bought it just for fun and ended up carrying it non stop. It's very light for the size. Yeah it's thick but if you carry it IWB appendix without the clip some sort of black magic happens: it stays there put and you don't even feel it. Maybe it's the pistol grip style handle keeping it hooked to the belt, I don't know. It's mind blowing and addicting to be able to carry a 5.5" knife this easy. It takes a while to make all of this blade go dull. Plus due to the size and the grip length you can actually chop a bit and clean brush which are pretty uncommon feats for a tool that you can easily have on you at all times.
I have a clip point bd1 pre-gsm XL Voyager I bought to use as a pocket machete. I can grip it so my pinky is on the very end of the handle with my ring and middle fingers in those last two fingers grooves, and it works very well clearing brush for a folder. I've been chopping through briars and finger thick limbs with it for 5 years or so and it still locks up tight.

Got a tanto version out for delivery right now in fact.
vnvman

Post by vnvman »

PeaceInOurTime wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:34 am
vnvman wrote:
I’ve had a Tanto XL Voyager before and really liked the handle. The Vaquero could be fun to try out!
You won't regret it man, I think it's the sliciest Voyager, with a very fine tip that can have a lot of uses. I really like the way the recurve traps material when cutting, and it also helps with the chopping since it works a bit like a kukri.
vnvman

Post by vnvman »

vivi wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:58 am
vnvman wrote:
PeaceInOurTime wrote:
vivi wrote:

I have a clip point bd1 pre-gsm XL Voyager I bought to use as a pocket machete. I can grip it so my pinky is on the very end of the handle with my ring and middle fingers in those last two fingers grooves, and it works very well clearing brush for a folder. I've been chopping through briars and finger thick limbs with it for 5 years or so and it still locks up tight.

Got a tanto version out for delivery right now in fact.
I have both a Large pre GSM with AUS8 steel, and the GSM XL with AUS10A. The old one is okay but I'm really impressed with the cutting performance of the latter. Not a premium steel by any mean but the heat treat is perfectly on point and it's overall very balanced for heavy use.
Woodpuppy

Post by Woodpuppy »

vivi wrote:
this has been my setup so far in 2024. Will be switching to the Stretch XL in a couple months.

Sharpmaker with medium & diamond rods (backpack)
BT Headphones (chef coat)
Chapstick (pockets)
Nitecore TIP 2 & keys (pockets
Leatherman Squirt PS4 (pockets)
Leatherman Rebar (backpack)
My own 3 spice blend (approx 6,000-8,000 scoville, backpack)
Fisher Military pen (chef coat)
Sharpie (chef coat)
Chums wallet...bandit I think (pockets)
Nitecore EDC27 (backpack during the day, pockets at night)
Cold Steel 4-Max Scout OD Green (pockets)
Cold Steel commercial series 10" chef knife (backpack)
Phone
Watch (Garmin Forerunner....945 I think)
What is your pepper… cloud… delivery method to a bad guy?
Makunochimaster

Post by Makunochimaster »

IMG_20240214_113640_699.jpg
Native 5 cpm-s110v G10. Native 5 cpm-s110v frn.
Lil' Native MB cpm-s30v. Dragonfly 2 zdp-189.
Delica 4 cts-204p limited. Cricket Nishijin blk vg10.
Urban n690co. Persistence s35vn lightweight.
Makunochimaster

PeaceInOurTime

Post by PeaceInOurTime »

Makunochimaster

IMG_20240409_124533_843.jpg
przemekspce

Post by przemekspce »

:bug-red-white Instagram: przemekspce :bug-red
Ocho

Post by Ocho »

Para 3 CPM-20cv with custom anodized titanium scales, Brad Zinker miscreant 3.0, Cold steel Voyager tanto semi serrated, Olight keychain light, gerber shard multi-tool, tritium vial in titanium cage on titanium keyring with titanium carabiner, custom anodized maratac titanium mechanical pencil
Oh, and a tube of burts bees
Screenshot_20240417-050304_Gallery.jpg
Attachments
Screenshot_20240417-050345_Gallery.jpg
Michael Janich

Post by Michael Janich »

Dear Ocho:

Welcome to the Spyderco Forum.

Stay safe,

Mike