Leaf Blade Lil' Temp. What took me so long?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Jenner 515

Leaf Blade Lil' Temp. What took me so long?

Post by Jenner 515 »

Originally was put off by the look and feel of the Lil Temp, but then the idea and ergonomics began to appeal more as I worked with other Spyder knives. By then it was too late, they had been disco'ed and were pretty hard to come by.

I found one this week and love every bit of it, the handle, the lock, the ergos
...bring it back in a sprint run and I'm all over another one. What a great knife.
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
JD Spydo

Lil T: Talkin my language

Post by JD Spydo »

Jenner it's funny that you started a thread on the leaf blade LIL T. I have been playing with my "Rhino Horn" ( trailing point) Lil Temperance all this evening. I have it up here on my desk and I marvel at how well it feels in my hand.

The GRIP on both Lil Temperance models is nothing short of phenomenal. Mine feels so secure it is almost like it's part of my hand. There has been talk the last 2 years about whether or not Spyderco was going to bring back the Lil T with a few modifications ( namely the handle). I don't think they need to change a thing except for the blade steel.

440V & S30V both are good blade steels but I would almost kill for a LiL T with Crucibles new M-4 blade steel.

Great Score Sir ;)
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Maybe if the G-10 was colored red, like your stapler, then you would have come aboard sooner. :D

Congrats on discovering some of Sal's finest work.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
kbuzbee

Post by kbuzbee »

Ditto that! Mine is my favorite folder of all time. I'm with JD, an M4 sprint would be a wondeful knife to own, but honestly, the S30V leaf does everything I ask of it. Amazing design. Thanks Sal!!

Ken
玉鋼
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Congratulations,
Lil Temp is a great knife and I love leaf shape.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Mr Blonde

Post by Mr Blonde »

Congratulations, the Li'l Temp is some of Sal's and Spyderco's finest work yet!

Wouter
My Spyderco Pics & Reviews: www.spydercollector.com
Last website update: 4-01-2024 Instagram
robo19x

Post by robo19x »

yeah. . . for sure. . . congratulations on finding a knife you enjoy. the lil temperance in leaf blade is what introduced me to spyderco and the quality knives that they put out there. . . . i've only got a trailing point now (since i lost my leaf blade). . . and, hehe. . . i'm kicking myself that i didn't get a leaf blade before they got to be as expensive as they are now.

i still hold out for a good user turning up somewhere at a price i can afford. . . but. . . anyway. . . i'm just rambling since i'm just a tad envious at your new acquisition!

enjoy it!
matthewdanger

Post by matthewdanger »

I have 2 Lil Temps on the way (S30V and CPM440V). I can't wait to see what all the hype is about.
robo19x

Post by robo19x »

matthewdanger wrote:I have 2 Lil Temps on the way (S30V and CPM440V). I can't wait to see what all the hype is about.
i think it's like JD spydo said, "I marvel at how well it feels in my hand."

i'd read somewhere how someone said that they didn't like the feel of it in their hand in an "icepick" grip because of the finger grooves near the bottom of the handle. . . but. . . other than that, i think it's fantastic -- how often will we find ourselves using an icepick grip anyway, right?
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

matthewdanger wrote:I have 2 Lil Temps on the way (S30V and CPM440V). I can't wait to see what all the hype is about.
How about a preview of the hype? ]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l84/f ... G_3493.jpg[/IMG]
saltydog

It's just about the finest thing

Post by saltydog »

that ever came out of Golden CO. What a thing of beauty and utility. Congrats on landing a leaf. leaf blades are a thing unto themselves - have you found the Lum Chinese yet? Go search, or wait for the sprints. :D
><((('< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dream Spyderco: H1 folder with G-10, H1 or MICARTA scale. Time to lose the FRN only attitude with regard to H1
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

To this very day it is my favorite production knife.
matthewdanger

Post by matthewdanger »

Well I got my Lil Temps. I can now see clearly what the hype is about!

I am such a sucker for the flat ground Spydies. I love how the handle slabs hide the grind line. The broad blade is a great shape for general utility. The grip feels great in just about any grip. I love that the cutting edge comes nearly to the guard - great for those cuts that require every little bit of leverage. The CPM440V responds to the strop very quickly. The CPMS30V took a bit longer on the stop but it will pop hairs now.

The CPM440V one has a collector's number, but the previous owner used it and the box is long gone. It is still in great shape but the clip is scuffed. Is there any reason I shouldn't continue to use it?

These are going into my EDC rotation along with the Yojimbo and Mili.
SeanH

Post by SeanH »

JD Spydo wrote: 440V & S30V both are good blade steels but I would almost kill for a LiL T with Crucibles new M-4 blade steel.
I could't resist.
How about this in M4 or 52100?

It's sort of Lil Temp-ish don't you think?
>>The Spyderco Forum Cookbook ... and its thread<<

Think about what you believe, but don't believe everything you think.

"We feel that to "charge as much as the market will bear" is "to bite the hand that feeds you"."
Sal Glesser
Jenner 515

Post by Jenner 515 »

Had my 440V leaf-blade for a whole week now nad it has been my constant EDC, sometimes accompanied by a Yojimbo.

My Lil Temp was a display model at the Hardware Store I found it at, as such the edge was down just a little bit. It took a bit more effort on the profile stones (both the 701 and 702's) to get a hair popping edge, more so than the Yo with its S30V...is this normal? I believe the Lil temp's 440V is the first I've owned.
I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.