permitted and prohibited

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dr. Snubnose

permitted and prohibited

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Recently there have been some questions about air travel...here is a link to answer all your questions:
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/ ... items.shtm

Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
Th232

Post by Th232 »

So Doc, when you travel by air, I take it you have knitting needles, metal scissors with sharp tips but a blade length of less than 4 inches and screwdrivers and other sharp or heavy "tools" less than 7 inches in length?

Hmm, they ban "Realistic Replicas of Explosives". There goes the putty I was planning on mucking around with :( .

Funny, Australian regs seem much stricter, I remember a case when some nail scissors had to be put in the check-in luggage. I get the feeling they don't like screwdrivers either.
Will

"No one wants to look the fool. Everyone does the best they can. If they knew better, they'd do better" - old woman on the railway tracks to Sal.

Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Th232 wrote:So Doc, when you travel by air, I take it you have knitting needles, metal scissors with sharp tips but a blade length of less than 4 inches and screwdrivers and other sharp or heavy "tools" less than 7 inches in length?

Hmm, they ban "Realistic Replicas of Explosives". There goes the putty I was planning on mucking around with :( .

Funny, Australian regs seem much stricter, I remember a case when some nail scissors had to be put in the check-in luggage. I get the feeling they don't like screwdrivers either.
Lets not forget my Steel Chopsticks :eek: A man has to eat! Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

cheez

Post by cheez »

Strange enough, they didnt include "Stealing your stuff" in the 'What we do' section of their website. :confused:

Keno
"I sold my voice to pay for my security. Now I write my sentences on its walls." - Jason Cruz
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

cheez wrote:Strange enough, they didnt include "Stealing your stuff" in the 'What we do' section of their website. :confused:

Keno
LMAO...(good one cheez)Doc :D

*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

Th232 wrote: Funny, Australian regs seem much stricter, I remember a case when some nail scissors had to be put in the check-in luggage. I get the feeling they don't like screwdrivers either.
Their knife / sword laws are stricter too compared to Canada and the US, Gun laws might be too ( I have no idea on that). So it kinda make sense that would be more strict when it came to airport/plane security.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

So did I read that right,you CAN carry on knives with a blade length of less than 4 in now?
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

J Smith wrote:So did I read that right,you CAN carry on knives with a blade length of less than 4 in now?
Yup as long as the connect in the middle. Why are scissors always alowed on planes when nothing else is? I have a pair of scissors that dissconnect in the middle which essentially means it's two knives, I can carry that on a plane but can't carry a swiss army classic. I wonder if a leatherman qualifies as a "Tool (seven inches or less in length)".
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

J Smith wrote:So did I read that right,you CAN carry on knives with a blade length of less than 4 in now?
Only if they are plastic rounded butter knives. {ImageThinks of a whole untapped market of tactical butterknives...hmmmm}
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Chucula

Post by Chucula »

Man I could find so many loopholes in those stupid rules. I do not know about you guys but I do not feel any safer on a plane with all that baloney. Someone could still snap your neck or whatnot if they wanted to kill you, or eat a bunch of explosives and blow up the plane.

They just don't get that people are the problem, not weapons.
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Chucula wrote:Someone could still snap your neck or whatnot if they wanted to kill you, or eat a bunch of explosives and blow up the plane.
Talk about killer heartburn.
Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.
- Theodore Roosevelt

"I twisted the knife until I heard his heart-strings sing."

- Jim Bowie concerning Maj. Norris Wright