the Hossoms are out already

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
tonydahose

the Hossoms are out already

Post by tonydahose »

i just saw one of the CC numbered ones pop up on ebay. i expect some pics from you guys soon!
thefly01

Post by thefly01 »

Yeah just saw that can't wait for picks :eek:
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Nice display box too!! :cool: Where is the sheath hiding? :confused:
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

This is one that you have to hold to really appreciate. When I was at the SFO, I handled them. The balance/feel is wonderful.
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

Who is collector #39, and who is his dealer? It will be interesting to see if he gets more than $188 for an essentially unknown (as of today) knife.... Hmm, maybe an employee....
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.
~Ernest Hemingway (describing The Old Man and the Sea)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

Darkfin wrote:Who is collector #39, and who is his dealer? It will be interesting to see if he gets more than $188 for an essentially unknown (as of today) knife.... Hmm, maybe an employee....
Mr. Hossom is far from unknown. I believe he does custom knives, right?
tonydahose

Post by tonydahose »

Darkfin wrote:Who is collector #39, and who is his dealer? It will be interesting to see if he gets more than $188 for an essentially unknown (as of today) knife.... Hmm, maybe an employee....
he might be the dealer himself. i think a few guys are CC members and they sell the majority of their knives off.
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

I don't mean that Jerry is unknown, I just mean that Ebay Spydie hunters/speculators won't yet recognize these, since they are so new.
There isn’t any symbolism. The sea is the sea. The old man is an old man. The boy is a boy and the fish is a fish. The shark are all sharks no better and no worse. All the symbolism that people say is ****.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

Sweet so regular production isn't far away.
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

tonydahose wrote:he might be the dealer himself. i think a few guys are CC members and they sell the majority of their knives off.
There are a lot of CC members that own Gun/Knife shops that have more than one CC number. They usually end up selling the numbered pieces along with they're regular stock.
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

It seems somehow unethical to own more than one CC number just to be able to sell knives off at a premium....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
fellyjr

Post by fellyjr »

Darkfin wrote:It seems somehow unethical to own more than one CC number just to be able to sell knives off at a premium....
I kind of agree, but then again, the main numbered pieces have to go somewhere because they are still engraved and have to be sold even if nobody owns the number.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Probably another dumb ? from this newbie, but, Is there a reason why the CC#s and who they belong to isn't public knowledge?
Slatts

Post by Slatts »

SteelDragon wrote:Probably another dumb ? from this newbie, but, Is there a reason why the CC#s and who they belong to isn't public knowledge?
Good question, but what value is there in knowing the answer?
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

SteelDragon wrote:Probably another dumb ? from this newbie, but, Is there a reason why the CC#s and who they belong to isn't public knowledge?
Why should private collectors have to disclose their information? Collector numbers are given to people that want to "subscribe" to buying knives from Spyderco.
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

I see no reason why it SHOULD be public knowledge. Many of the collector's are active posters here, and reading the sig lines of some should tell which numbers are accounted for here. Thats a choice some of us make.

However, there are a lot of collector's who probably never post here, and I doubt they want their personal information or identity being public knowledge.
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

Errrr, why should it be public knowledge?
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
SteelDragon

Post by SteelDragon »

Hey don't get me wrong I wasn't asking for it to be public, just asked why it wasn't? Mainly cause I read where dealers own multiple numbers so a guy may know where to find a knfe he is looking for if so and so has 10 of the numbers.. nevermind guess it's mute as I see alot of folks that want knives without the CC# on them so who knows, certainly not me....
flyguy

Post by flyguy »

SteelDragon - If you were trying to find a certain CC#, like let's say #123, you could make a seperate thread asking about that CC#.

Is that more what you were interested in? Finding how to obtain a specific number?

If you want a specialized Spyderco knife, they will do custom lazer engraving at the SFO. That might be an easier way to get a "custom" spyderco. :)
Darkfin

Post by Darkfin »

I guess I think of a CC number as a SS number...you cant have more than one for your financial convenience. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]