Full Size Persians - Rare?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
blackmist

Full Size Persians - Rare?

Post by blackmist »

I really like the looks of the persian, I see a lot of mini's out there, but not any full size.. anyone know of any respectible retailers that still have these in stock?

I don't mess with e bay. I have a background in audio production and there is a little phrase that goes "e bay that sucker" used mainly when an expensive piece of equipment has an obscure flaw that the general public would most likely miss.. at least for awhile.
we want you to understand that we understand that you cannot possibly understand
christopher

Post by christopher »

Try knifecenter.com. Their website says they have some and I've always had good luck in my dealings with them.

Chris :) :) :)
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

john jensen has some...

http://www.johnfjensen.com

as well as a few other oldies-but-goodies...

a great guy to do business with.
blackmist

Post by blackmist »

thanks guys
we want you to understand that we understand that you cannot possibly understand
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

I'll second JFJ. He does not ship internationally though.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
blackmist

Post by blackmist »

christopher wrote:Try knifecenter.com. Their website says they have some and I've always had good luck in my dealings with them.

Chris :) :) :)

their persian link leads to a mini persian but it's not listed as a mini.. I hope that's not intentional
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

The only availible Persians that I have seen around lately have been with a few of the foriegn internet dealers, of course other than some occassionally on the on-line auction sites. The prices of the overseas knives reflect import duties and middleman distribution systems. They are expensive by domestic standards. I have tapped my stash for a couple of local LEOs because they knew what they wanted and planned to carry in service. If I see them for a reasonable price I buy them.

There is always the possibility that any Spyderco can be resurrected in a sprint run; possibly with slight design modifications. The Deacon has made some good suggestions about this model....Take Care...Ed
Andre V

Post by Andre V »

[quote="Ed Schempp"]
There is always the possibility that any Spyderco can be resurrected in a sprint run]

Mr Schempp as the desingner of this wonderful model are you trying to tell us that there may be a sprint run in the offering???
"So many knives, so little pockets"
blackmist

Post by blackmist »

Ed Schemp.. you bought the last one that http://www.johnfjensen.com had didn't you?? Consarn it!
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Andre V wrote:Mr Schempp as the desingner of this wonderful model are you trying to tell us that there may be a sprint run in the offering???
I am very interested to know the answer too. Mr Schempp, please???????
Persian is one of my favorites. I carry it every day.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Ed Schempp

Post by Ed Schempp »

Nothing is currently planned but Sal and Spyderco work for the ELU if there is demand, at some point Spyderco will do a sprint run...Take Care....Ed
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Ed Schempp wrote:Nothing is currently planned but Sal and Spyderco work for the ELU if there is demand, at some point Spyderco will do a sprint run...Take Care....Ed
Aloha Ed,

Hey this is good news! I never understood really why the Full size was disco'd. I know it was to make way for your other :spyder: offerings, but the Persian is a classic. I still carry mine from time to time...

I know the Deacon's taste, but I am wondering if some Persian in the FRN/H1 sense would "ruin" it. :confused:

Good to see ya Ed, and BTW, did ya get it? :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
bh49

Post by bh49 »

Thank you mr. Schempp.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian

Post by 5150 »

the more i handle this knife, the more i appreciate it. :) a legend waiting to happen! :cool:
EarthDog

Post by EarthDog »

[quote="Ed Schempp"]There is always the possibility that any Spyderco can be resurrected in a sprint run]

The full size Persian is my favorite Spyderco. I just love how the handle flows into the hand and then fits in snugly. The drop and belly of the blade make it a powerhouse on pull cuts. It is an exquisite design.

I would love to see the return of the Persian, just as it was in the original production.
EarthDog
blackmist

Post by blackmist »

I second that. No changes.
RLR

Post by RLR »

Like original, but with Burl Wood inlays. Yummy.