Adventura

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
J Smith

Adventura

Post by J Smith »

Is there any chance of seeing this great design in a sprint run with G10 scales?
I love the SS but a G10 would be even better.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
alguidar

Post by alguidar »

J Smith wrote:Is there any chance of seeing this great design in a sprint run with G10 scales?
+1

I'm with you, although the G10 would add to the handle thickness and make it a little more unconfortable to carry.
BTW, the grippiness of my Adventura increased when I changed the clip for tip down carry. It gives a little more material to wrap the index finger around, when you hold it.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I got to handle the proto G10 and the extra thickness was very nice on this knife.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
alguidar

Post by alguidar »

J Smith wrote:I got to handle the proto G10 and the extra thickness was very nice on this knife.
I didn't know a G-10 prototype was actually made.
You wouldn't happen to have some pics, would you? :cool: I imagine it looks fly as ****.
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Don't have pics but the original design called for it to be G10.
I handled it a blade a couple years ago and loved it from the time I saw it.I liked the G10 much better.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

J Smith wrote:Don't have pics but the original design called for it to be G10.
I handled it a blade a couple years ago and loved it from the time I saw it.I liked the G10 much better.
Can you recall how it was for weight compared to the SS one? I have an SS one and I like it much more than I originally thought, AND it was lighter than I thought but it was still a tad on the heavy side for me. Now, that's being in the pocket, though. I could always remove another folder to offset that weight....... :p I would think that the extra width would make it more comfy on the longer/hard cutting sessions.

- gord
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

Best I remember there wasn't a lot differance in weight but the g10 felt better.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Am almost surprised nobody has commissioned STR to rebuild one with ti liners and canvas micarta scales yet. Seems the all screw construction would make that a fairly easy conversion.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I handled one last year (SS) and the knife really molded to my hand, so I guess SS is OK with me.

Want I really would like (just as the designer himself BTW ;) ) is a SE one :cool:
Arend(old school Spydie lover)

MEMBER OF THE INTERNATIONAL ORDER OF THE SPYDEREDGE!!!

VERY PROUD OWNER OF A CALY III/SE #043 :D

....AND A FG(PARA) MILITARY/SE IN CPMD2(thanx Sal):cool:

...I would love to have one in full SpyderEdge:p
bh49

Post by bh49 »

J Smith wrote:Is there any chance of seeing this great design in a sprint run with G10 scales?
Great idea. I am in.
Green like Lil Temp. :cool: I want it.
OK, I will take black.
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"

My top choices Natives5, Calys, C83 Persian
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

G10 would be great. :cool:
I'd even be happy with a FRN version. ;)
dialex

Post by dialex »

Hi Jeff, thank you for the thread.
While I'm not very sure it will happen too soon to see a G-10 variant of the Adventura, it's always nice to chat :(
You know, I was looking today at my Adventura and I was thinking how good would it look with Titanium liners and G-10 scales :D But I would also make some modifications, like moving the lock a wee bit forward and enlarge the whole knife somewhere close to the size of an Endura. I guess carrying that Millie just overdeveloped my taste for big knives ;)
The mind commands the body and it obeys. The mind orders itself and meets resistance.
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

[quote="dialex"]Hi Jeff, thank you for the thread.
While I'm not very sure it will happen too soon to see a G-10 variant of the Adventura, it's always nice to chat :(
You know, I was looking today at my Adventura and I was thinking how good would it look with Titanium liners and G-10 scales :D But I would also make some modifications, like moving the lock a wee bit forward and enlarge the whole knife somewhere close to the size of an Endura. I guess carrying that Millie just overdeveloped my taste for big knives ]

Good points :) I wouldn't mind G-10, but I also don't want it that thick either. About half way between current model and say the G-10 Meadowlark for thickness.... Larger size - maaaaybeee half way between current model and the Endura?????? :p Larger hole might be nice, but I don't have an issue with the current one either. Definitely a "sleeper" :D

- gord