Worst gift

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
rcbalt2

Post by rcbalt2 »

SoCal Operator wrote:@ rcbalt2: A crow? A living crow? That is awesome and terrifying at the same time.
I can't say I've gotten a "bad" gift over the years. Some of them have been disappointing, but none have been bad. One time I got blue plastic coat hangers for Christmas. I used them, but still. Coat hangers?
No the byrd knife. Athough I do have some crazy friends so an exotic pet wouldn't be completely out of the ordinary
There ain't no rules around here. We're trying to accomplish something.
- Thomas Edison
Jonny8642

Post by Jonny8642 »

no bad presents this year :cool: .
But last year my cuisen gave me a hooters calender and t-shirt. At first I was like ALRIGHT!! Untill closer examination, t-shirt was a size small :confused: I haven't been able to fit in a small since I was 10, and the calender was how do you say out of order months and days along with a few extra days in it.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Worst this year was a big, cheap, radio control car I bought for myself, on a whim, from Wal-Mart, a week or so before Christmas. Charged up the batteries Christmas Eve, put them in Christmas morning and - nothing. Took it back yesterday, ordered a smaller, but much better quality one (I really hope so anyway, seeing that it cost 3X as much :D ) today from Tower Hobby.

I'm kind of like David, always appreciated the thought, even if the gift wound up buried away in the bottom of the closet and there are some I treasure dearly because of the effort that went into their selection, even though others may deem them silly or useless. Must admit thought that the year my boss gave me an out-dated Hickory Farms gift set which he had received as a freebie at a trade show we had both attended the year before, that philosophy was sorely tested. :rolleyes: ;) :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
StarStorm

Post by StarStorm »

Well my sister got everybody coal because her boyfriend works in a coal mine...but the way I see it, with oil prices, coal is of much higher value than it was thought to be :P
I also got a dirt devil spot steamcleaner and a black and decker autotape in the gift exchange...gave em to the parents, paremts said they would give me the money for it in spite of them spoiling me far beyond rotten this year. Other than that all my other gits were pretty sweet :)

SS
[CENTER]Jeremiah 4:28[/CENTER]
Therefore the earth will mourn and the heavens above grow dark, because I have spoken and will not relent, I have decided and will not turn back.
[CENTER]Saw[/CENTER]
[CENTER]"How much blood will you shed to stay alive?"[/CENTER]
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Stevie Ray wrote:I've got one for you. The wife gave me a hair dryer this year .. :mad: Mostly because she doesn't want to to use hers ... Yippie Ki Ya ..
Maybe it'll be good for finetuning yer Kydex sheaths.... :p
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

The Deacon wrote:...an out-dated Hickory Farms gift set ...
Hehe Paul, even a "fresh" dated Hickory Farms gift set (cheeze'n' snausages) ......is asking for a dose or two from our true blue friend Philips Milk or Magnesia.....or maybe even a Fleets Enema! :p :D
brian
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

jaislandboy wrote:Hehe Paul, even a "fresh" dated Hickory Farms gift set (cheeze'n' snausages) ......is asking for a dose or two from our true blue friend Philips Milk or Magnesia.....or maybe even a Fleets Enema! :p :D
Lot of truth to that Brian, Image so in that light I guess I should feel his giving me the "outdated" one was an act of kindness. :D
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Paul, I speak from personal experience..... ;) many moons ago....I pigged out on some of the cute little Snausages and Cheese found in those evil little Gift baskets from Hickory Farms......that stuff laid up in my colon like Solid Concrete.... :)
I believe what Fixed my problem (5 days later) was a bone-jarring boat ride in the Atlantic while fishing off the coast of Florida! :o :( :D
brian