next spydie ???

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
apollo
Location: A place where idiots and corrupt people are called the government…

next spydie ???

Post by apollo »

hy everyone
i have a chinook 2 and a milli
(the chinook is my edc ) its the best knife i have ever workt with so it will remain my edc unless it breaks but i downt think thad is going to happen :p

but i want a new knife in 2007 so witch spydie do you guy's think fits between those 2 ?
greetings apollo
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Between those two? I don't know, both are too long for me to carry legally, so I usually go for the smaller blades.

Speaking of smaller blades, I'd reccomend a little big knife that you could use to not scare those who think even a box cutter is excessive.

I'd definately reccomend a cricket or dodo, but it looks like you'd prefer a more conventional blade shape. Maybe something like the S, UKPK, Caly 3, or navigator. There's always the kopa or kiwi if you want a dressy knife.

Do you have any specifics you were looking for, blade length, handle material, steel? That would make it easier to reccomend something.
apollo

Post by apollo »

Do you have any specifics you were looking for, blade length, handle material, steel? That would make it easier to reccomend something.[/QUOTE]

i prefer cpm-s30v but vg10 is second place
and for the rest nothing specific
:)
and thanks for youre replie
greating dimi
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Sounds to me like you look for a Caly 3!

Although smaller than both your knives, it's a fantastic knife indeed.

Another one you should look at if you like the Chinook is the Manix and mini- manix! Those are really nice as well.

I believe the Mini- manix would be the one fitting in between your military and your Chinook, although it has a smaller blade than the military!
cobrajoe

Post by cobrajoe »

Hrm... I still recommend the dodo. It's a very very unique knife with great egros and cutting power much bigger than expected, although not every one likes the reverse S blade.

Or if you want one on the cheap, take a look at the native. It is made in S30V, and it is very comfy in the hand. Not to mention that it seems to fit in perfect with your other two spydies. Just be sure not to get a BRK native. They were made by calimus with 440A steel and sub par construction.

Other than that, I don't have much experience with S30V. I have a few VG-10 blades (Kiwi, SPOT, Lava) and I would recommend any one of them, but they don't seem to fit in with your collection.

EDIT: I've found that you can't go wrong with almost any spydie, though different people have different tastes. That's why spyderco sells so many flavors :D
apollo

Post by apollo »

thanks cobrajoe and Fairlane
for youre replies
first i am going to safe for a native with s30v and maybe later in the year for the mini manix :)

greatings apollo