Carry Options

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
ront

Carry Options

Post by ront »

Hi Guys,
I have a question I am wondering if you can help me with.
I have recently picked up the Kel Tec P3AT and I love it. It is so easy to carry. I am right handed and I have been carrying the gun in my left pocket with a cut down Uncle Mikes soft holster. Not so good. I have ordered 2 holsters. One is the IWB Mini Defender from K&D Holsters which I am not so patiently waiting for. I know it is going to be nice. I also bought a K-Rat pocket holster from Pale horse holster, which I received yesterday and it is a pretty nice holster. Up until I bought this gun, I carried a Spyderco Para Military knife in my right front pocket. Now, I feel that I must carry the P3 in my right front pocket as I am right handed. I cannot carry the Spyderco then in that pocket as it interferes with getting to the P3. My question then is how do you deal with this? I have tried to carry a Spyderco Native IWB, strong side at about the 4:00 position with mixed results. Should I just start carrying the knives in my left front pocket? I am open to any and all suggestions.

Thanks, Ron
Hannibal Lecter

A Thought...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

My Dear Friend,
ront wrote:Now, I feel that I must carry the P3 in my right front pocket as I am right handed. I cannot carry the Spyderco then in that pocket as it interferes with getting to the P3. My question then is how do you deal with this?
North America Arms makes a belt clip soft case for their .32 pistol - it looks like a little toolkit or diabetic supplies case. It holds the handgun and one spare magazine.

http://www.naaminis.com/guardacc.html

Scroll down to item #RUG-G - it costs $19.00.

I have a Kel-Tec P32 and it fits perfectly - I have it on good authority that the Kel-tec .380 will fit perfectly as well, as the external dimensions are almost identical.

Find a gun shop in your town that carries NAA .32s (they ship with these cases) and see if they will let you try your handgun for fit.

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
deputy tom

Post by deputy tom »

ront,put the kel-tec in your r/f pocket,the spyderco in your l/f pocket.I've been carrying this way for many years with great results.tom. :cool:
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER...Thig crioch air an t-saoghail, ach mairidh gaol 's ceol.
ront

Post by ront »

Thanks guys. Hannibal, I took a look at that page. That case looks nice and coould be very useful. What really gets my attention there also is the HIP-380D IWB holster. It is just above the case youo are talking about. It looks like it is made by a company called BELL CHARTER OAK CUSTOM HOLSTERS. I found their web page and looked for an email address to contact them and see if they could make this holster for the P3. I see no email address. There is a phone #, but I can't call it from work and they are closed when I get home. I wish they were easier to contact. The price looks fair.

Thanks, Ron