$ and edc

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
druid

$ and edc

Post by druid »

what is the most money that should've actually paid for and everyday carry that you use for daily tasks. For me it's actually one of my most expensive purchases at around $150. A titanium benchmade pinnacle that I bought for the express purpose of having a sturdy user,after years of trying to profile it. I finally got a sharp maker, and get a real edge on it :rolleyes:
why
Vincent

Post by Vincent »

my Lil Temp was $130
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I have 3 Sebenzas at 300 to 400 each,Mini Sere at 120.00,CF Bg42 Military at 200.00,BM635 at about 110.00.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
JD Spydo

A user blade should be taken seriously

Post by JD Spydo »

The most expensive knife I have in my EDC arsenal is my C-46 Lum tanto folder which I probably have around $140 in. The big Dyad I currently carry has a little of a $100 in it but I did buy it slightly used. I don't mind though if the quality is there.
Long Live the SPYDEREDGE Spyderco Hawkbills RULE!!
Capt. Carl

Post by Capt. Carl »

Mine is a dodo, but it will soon be my Caly 3
SeanH

Post by SeanH »

A custom made laguiole $350.

At first thought, it may seem a lot to spend on something that will soon be scratched and marked up with use. But spead out over a lifetime, price doesn't matter much.
SoCal Operator

Post by SoCal Operator »

SeanH wrote:A custom made laguiole $350.

At first thought, it may seem a lot to spend on something that will soon be scratched and marked up with use. But spead out over a lifetime, price doesn't matter much.
Here here. If I spend more than $100 dollars on something, I want it to be able to take regular use and even abuse well. People have been surprised at the price I payed for my Dodo, but I think I got a good deal for the knife I recieved.
Ask me where I got my awesome SUPERHAWK!

More like Mid-Cal now

Be Prepared
dedguy

Post by dedguy »

probally the Volpe, i don't remember exactly what i paid for it but it was well over 100$
"Always keep an edge on your knife son, because a good sharp edge is a man's best hedge against the vague uncertainties of life."
dedguy.net
Halfneck

Post by Halfneck »

I paid $300 for my Coyote Brown Strider SnG.

Somewhere down the line I want to get a Chris Reeve Large Classic Micarta Sebenza.

The most expensive folder I own is a William Henry 3.25" Spearpoint with Redwood Burl handles. Current value sits somewhere around $400. I bought it at BLADE years back from William Henry for around $275.
"A Delica is still a better weapon than a keyboard and a sour attitude..." Michael Janich
Zac

Post by Zac »

Im on the cheap side. Most I've spent has been about 100 on each of my EDC utility knives (Manix, Chinooks, Paras) and a bit more on G10 Civilians.
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
Fred Sanford

Post by Fred Sanford »

My most expensive knife was a Benchmade 720. I paid about $144 for it at a local knife store.

As far as Spyderco goes it would have to be my Paramilitary for $118.

I no longer have the 720 as it just wasn't my thing.

I EDC my Paramilitary. I mean that nothing replaces the Para. It may be in my pocket along with a SAK but nothing else replaces it. It's a real EDC. ;)
"I'm calling YOU ugly, I could push your face in some dough and make gorilla cookies." - Fred Sanford
Axlis

Post by Axlis »

Vincent wrote:my Lil Temp was $130
That me too. :)
uhiforgot

Post by uhiforgot »

I regularly carry a Dodo ($80) and/or a Native ($40) and/or a SUBCOM ($30). I get a lot of funny looks when I say I picked up a "cheap" little SF for $30, but mostly from NKP's who've only seen gas station knockoffs for $10.

Money (ideally) is no object when it comes to a good EDC. Thanks to :spyder: it doesn't cost a small freakin' fortune to carry a great knife!

-Jeff

A very wise man once told me "Eat to live; don't live to eat." ...To my knowledge that's the only stupid thing he's ever said.
WOTANSON1

Post by WOTANSON1 »

$525 USD for one of my custom Elishewitz, which I use regularly and is in my rotation. I'm waiting for a second Jens Anso Gekko, should be done in November (insert drooling smilie here)

Cheers,
Rob
International Order of the SpyderEdge-founding member

Faith, Folk and Family

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If this is written in English, thank a US Soldier

NOT my "president"

Proud Member of SOSAK
flipe8

Post by flipe8 »

I got my small Sebenza for a couple dollars less than retail and that along with my Charoite Kiwi are in my pocket as I type this.
Rogcohen

Post by Rogcohen »

My most expensive knife is a Benchmade 710 HS, but I stopped using it when the price jumped $100 bucks in a month :eek:
Roger
EricJohn

Post by EricJohn »

For me, that would have been the purchase of two PE CF Police models in left hand. I got them both at the same time, with the intent to safe queen one and use the other. I picked up both for $200 each. About a week after that, I got wind of another CF Police, though in SE, for $130- that one went into EDC use and the PE's went into the safe.
"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson: Quoted by the Late Dr. Gonzo.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

I guess this would be my Spyker....I believe I paid around $160 for it.... :cool:
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
Zac

Post by Zac »

uhiforgot wrote:Money (ideally) is no object when it comes to a good EDC. Thanks to :spyder: it doesn't cost a small freakin' fortune to carry a great knife!

-Jeff
Well said Jeff :D

If you look at other companies, they make lower end knives at lower end prices; however these knives do not offer the bang for the buck as Spyderco does. In being more specefic, the Delicas and Enduras run 45-60 dollars per say. Getting a knife made as well as that from most other companies would run at least double that price.
WARNING: Sanity not guaranteed.
cmassicotte

Post by cmassicotte »

Probably my most expensive EDC is my CF Military. I carry it because it is just too good not to.

Chuck
There is no right way to do a wrong thing