Toys

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Dodge

Toys

Post by Dodge »

Hey all. I caught myself thinking today (I try not to these days). Anyway the other day I was in a 5 below (kinda like a dollar store) and I found a long lost childhood memory, A Slinky. I know,I know it's just a coil of wire, But when I was a kid this was one of my favorite toys. Now that I've been reunited w/ my long lost childhood friend I feel somewhat young again ;) !. What are your top three childhood toys and any memories you might have.

Me:
1. Slinky (Took me hours to get it to go down the stairs)
2. Koosh balls (The lil rubber furry ball)
3. Etch-a-sketch (Tried to fill the whole screen once :o )
Flash Batch request: Flat Iron Salt (CE w/ yellow FRN)
New knife request: Police 4 Salt!!!

“Don’t be so open minded that your brain falls out”
Rainy County

Post by Rainy County »

knives
guns
fishing poles

:rolleyes: ;) :D
"Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved-you and your household." Acts 16:31
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Erector Set, Dinky Toys, plastic/metal soldiers
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
chinook

Post by chinook »

Tinkertoys, Lincoln Logs, Dolls...
Those that you blow up and look like Britney Spears.
.><CHINOOK*>
CopilotATS-55

Post by CopilotATS-55 »

lincoln logs
action figures
slinkys

14 years ago....geez that seem long ago i cant remeber much... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Kyle Decker wasn't here !!! :D :eek:

"Avatar by Dialex
REMEMBER
SFC SHUGART & MSG GORDON

Im still here, just busy being a Senior!!! :D
PNXC

PN
Wrestling

Never Forget 9/11

VMI
10'+3
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

CopilotATS-55 wrote:action figures
I can't remember the number of G.I. Joes that died at my faulty attemps of making parachutes.
The Deacon wrote:plastic/metal soldiers
And how many grey plastic soldiers that I blew up w/ M80's

Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

GI Joes
WWF Figures
Star Wars Figures
I had a thing for action figures. After age 10 it was BB guns, shotguns, and video games. After age 12 it was All guns, knives, lights, and other neat toys for the "adults".
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

Jonny8642

Post by Jonny8642 »

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Legos
Video games
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

Lego
Transformers
GI Joe

I've got a fair sized tub of lego... like 2'x3-4'x8-10"... I had probably 90% of it used on a robot I put together at one point, fully articulated and about 2' high. You don't wanna even guess at how long it takes to figure out joints with lego when you have the older stuff(I had only got the beginning of the fun stuff, about 98). The new peices you can rig up a joint that stays there.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
raven

Post by raven »

:) GI Joe (My Brother and I spent hours posing them and then destroying them in minature Booby traps, which usually included saved up fireworks). :eek:

Erector Set (Made various contraptions for the GI Joe Guys, usually some type of Hot Rod looking vehicle. Well it looked like a Hot Rod to me....or if you squinted and used your imagination). :o

Micronauts (Most never even heard of these action figures. They were about GI Joe size, and they could be pulled apart and put back together with other parts to make them more robot-looking. They were also made of Die-Cast metal and different color transparent plastic. My brother and I spent hours building these little guys. These were cool to destroy, because they were easy to put back together, well with other parts anyway). Those were the days. :rolleyes:

God Bless :)

-raven-
ISAIAH 40:31 But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; They will mount up on wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

No-one can choose your mountain or tell you when to climb... It's yours alone to challenge at your own pace and time.
VultureParade

Post by VultureParade »

I was a big ghostbusters fan.

TMNT and x-men also got a lot of play time.

I had the Ecto 1 and the firehouse... ah

Atari was also big.

Then came Nintendo. Then SNES. Then Sega...

I still play video games/pc games quite frequently. I'm not ashamed.

-Bryan
Dodge

Post by Dodge »

I remeber my friend got neo-geo for X-mas one year. The games where like $200 a piece. But the graphics for then where top of the line. Oh and did any one every jump the flag in super mario bros.(for nintendo) man that sucked so bad when I finally did it. I was on level 7 :( :mad: .

smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Prior to my discovery of video games, which was rather late compared to other kids at the time(my parents thought I'd do nothing but play them. Smart parents too, because that is just what I did) my favorite toys were:

Legos - Not the stupid sets they have nowadays, just the big tubs of blocks that you could build anything with. I hate all the specialized pieces they have now.

Construx - See above about specialized pieces. I built some crazy stuff with my Construx as a kid.

Action Figures - The kind that don't make noise, and don't move on their own. TMNT, He-Man, and Thundercats were my favorites.

I've still got most of those toys up in the attic. I'm saving them for my kids(no video games until they're like 15, I could do a whole thread on why children shouldn't have video games before a certain age)
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Tank

Post by Tank »

Giant tinker toys. Big enough to build forts with. That one was great.
-John
mikewww

Post by mikewww »

Marklin model trains
Control line model airplanes
Bayko (House-building set) http://www.melright.com/bayko/
Meccano (Similar to Erector. The old green type)

We only got TV in 1976. This is making me all nostalgic....today's toy shops stock such rubbish, and expensive rubbish at that. Anybody ever make "tanks" from wooden cotton reels, rubber band and candle ?
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

raven} [B wrote:Micronauts (Most never even heard of these action figures. They were about GI Joe size, [/B] and they could be pulled apart and put back together with other parts to make them more robot-looking. They were also made of Die-Cast metal and different color transparent plastic. My brother and I spent hours building these little guys. These were cool to destroy, because they were easy to put back together, well with other parts anyway). Those were the days. :rolleyes:

-raven-
We must be approx the same age as I had Micronauts...as far as the same size? You must have had the second generation GI Joes, as the GI Joes I remeber were Barbie sized and they routinely kicked Ken's butt.

Modeling clay
Toy Guns
did I mention Toy Guns.
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.
lerman

Post by lerman »

legos rules!!!
JBE

Post by JBE »

1. Atari!

2. Plastic army men (boy...a bag of those, a pile of dirt and a few firecrackers could keep me entertained all day!)

3. Star Wars stuff (action figures, ships, etc...)
Jason
squad314

Post by squad314 »

Anyone out there remember "Big Jim"?He was an action figure that was around in the early seventies.He had a button in his back that enabled him to deliver a "Kung-Fu Chop".He also had a really cool camper van and a Rescue Squad.I loved that guy.
Raven,I was also a fan of Micronauts,but like Zenheretic I was first-gen GI Joe.So I remember them being quite small.(and 'ol Ken would haul his carigan- wearing *** to the hills when these other guys were around).
Lego was also a favorite for nurturing my creative side.It was also lots of fun to step on in your bare feet. :eek: One question for all you folks with kids.Whats with todays toys and the tie-wraps?Anyone opened a Bratz doll lately?I mean wouldnt it be OK if one strand of hair was allowed to move in the box?I dont think my little girls would mind.
Thanks for the walk down memory lane.
Joyce Laituri

Post by Joyce Laituri »

Zenheretic said what I was thinking. Did anyone else have cowboy pop guns? Looked like a revolver, came as a set (pair) ready to wear in a truly stylin' leather holster hip belt and you loaded paper strips that had dots of popping powder. Great popping sound, a little puff of smoke and it smelled like sulfur when you shot em off.

Don't forget Wrist Rockets, Creepy Crawlers, and an emply Folgers coffee can for a good old fashion game of kick the can in the street as the sun went down.

Joyce @ Spyderco