Things That Make Ya Go "Hmmm"

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

Things That Make Ya Go "Hmmm"

Post by Jimd »

Deep within the bowels of the prison....
Hey, it sounded like a good beginning, give me a friggin' break!

Anyhow, there was this inmate in our Mental Health Unit (MHU) who insisted on slamming his head into the walls. Did it hundreds of times. Over the years, he caused himself various levels of trauma.

A few months back, I'd posted how he split the skin of his head partially off.

Of late, he was immersed in one of his head-bangin' episodes. In the process, he knocked himself out. Naturally, he fell down when this happened. Seems he fell right into the toilet, head first. And drowned! Yes, he drowned in his shitter!!

The fact that the state police have to come in and fingerprint the corpse is found humorous by many of us in the ranks.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Is this for real!

Er... No, I'm not touching this one.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

:spyder: How sad. Crime, prison, then suicide. What an entirely wasted human life. :spyder:
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Slvgx

Post by Slvgx »

That is pretty sad to hear. Just imagine how tortured his life must have been. . .
ASA NISI MASA
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Just curious Jim, don't you have your own fingerprint person there? In NYSDOCS "ID officer" is considered a really good bid, even though it does occasionally entail having to print someone who has been "released to Death" (weird as it sounds, that's what goes in the files when an inmate dies in custody here, regardless of the cause). CO's here got really upset when those jobs got taken away from them for a while and given to civilians, fought tooth and nail to get them back, and did. That was my last job when I worked for DOCS, got to print and photograph a couple in the local hospital morgue after they died of "prison flu", plus one that hung up in his cell.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

Just sad all around.

:(
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

In china in ancient times the life expectancy of someone who practiced Head Kung (head banging against various objects) was 40 years of age...Doc
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha Jim,

I don't know about you guys there, but when we get guys like that in our ****, they get to take a trip to "Red Roof"...a mental facility that has the proper treatment for them...only AFTER something happens to themselves, another inmate or staff though, you know that "song" don'tcha?

IF he was a legit mentally ill person, I feel sorry for him. IF he was an idiot trying to "play the role" to stay away from the general pop then he asked for it and learned the hard way...cripes.

Take care Jim, and 360IJN always :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

DAYWALKER wrote:IF he was a legit mentally ill person, I feel sorry for him. IF he was an idiot trying to "play the role" to stay away from the general pop then he asked for it and learned the hard way...cripes.

Take care Jim, and 360IJN always :cool:
My gut feeling is that he was mentally ill. From everything I've seen and been told, the posers will only pull their stunts when they have an audience.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Wow, Congrat'

Looks like when somebody has some illness or other bad vibes, they allways get back on their feet with this forum...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

We do have our own fingerprint guys, but the government red tape dictates that the State Police also have to have their own set of prints taken. Redundant, wasteful government red tape.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!