Package from Hong Kong

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Irish Lager

Package from Hong Kong

Post by Irish Lager »

Just got a package in the mail today, all the way from Hong Kong, and it really only took about a week. What was the prize you say, well ill tell you. it was a CS Urban Pal that i picked up on ebay for $3. I have recently devoloped an interest in push knives, and this is my first. My thoughts, i dont plan on it being my sole edc, and in truth may never carry it, but i am not much of a fan of the sheath. I think the system could hold the knife a bit more snug, but w/ an easier release. I instantly turned it into a neck knife w/ a piece of black 550 paracord, and a lanyard knot for good measures. I think that for the price it is a neat piece, and although i know in my heart it will never be as trusted as my :spyder: sd carries, it makes a neat adition to my knife family. this is my 3rd cold steel knife if you count the fgx karambit, and i can say that i have at least one other in mind, also fgx series, and perhaps a safe keeper in the future. but in truth, none of them could ever replace spyderco as my favorite company and edc choices.
Pardon the blabbing, does anyone have any thoughts or comments about this knife or push knives that they could share w/ me. Im new to the design, and am looking or any advise. thanks,
J

eddited to add: almost forgot to ask. does anyone one know is this knife would be legal to carry. it isnt a double edge, but im not sure if push knives are illegal. thanks again.
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Irish Lager wrote:Just got a package in the mail today, all the way from Hong Kong, and it really only took about a week. What was the prize you say, well ill tell you. it was a CS Urban Pal that i picked up on ebay for $3. I have recently devoloped an interest in push knives, and this is my first. My thoughts, i dont plan on it being my sole edc, and in truth may never carry it, but i am not much of a fan of the sheath. I think the system could hold the knife a bit more snug, but w/ an easier release. I instantly turned it into a neck knife w/ a piece of black 550 paracord, and a lanyard knot for good measures. I think that for the price it is a neat piece, and although i know in my heart it will never be as trusted as my :spyder: sd carries, it makes a neat adition to my knife family. this is my 3rd cold steel knife if you count the fgx karambit, and i can say that i have at least one other in mind, also fgx series, and perhaps a safe keeper in the future. but in truth, none of them could ever replace spyderco as my favorite company and edc choices.
Pardon the blabbing, does anyone have any thoughts or comments about this knife or push knives that they could share w/ me. Im new to the design, and am looking or any advise. thanks,
J

eddited to add: almost forgot to ask. does anyone one know is this knife would be legal to carry. it isnt a double edge, but im not sure if push knives are illegal. thanks again.
Aloha Irish Lager,

Wow...only 3$? Not bad at all. Anyway, I was a great fan of the Safekeeper series. Especially the SafeKeeper II. That's the one with the cutout in the blade and is of single edge. Carried it when I was a manager of a health food store a few years back, had it strapped to my boot. Believe me, it hung up on a lot of things and would catch to the point of "backtrack". (Reach down and it ain't there..."backtrack" time! :p )

Due to it being a push or "T" handle knife, they are virtually illegal just about everywhere IIRC. "Dirk or Dagger" does not detail their handle type, and this would fall into said category...it is called a Push Dagger after all. :p I don't think the size matters either...

Use it at home, and be careful not to get choked out with that Parachord!!! :eek: Be safe and God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Fairlane

Post by Fairlane »

Got an CS Minipal and a Safekeeper II (which, by the way is double edged and w/o cutouts. I think its the Safekeeper III that has that).
Both are good knives that you can rely upon, and i don't think the urban pal should be any different. Do, however, make sure you have a :spyder: close at hand at all times just to be sure :) Not much into CS anymore, but i do think they used to make a lot of great knives, and i will never part with any of the ones i have.

Fairlane
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

chad, fairlane

sounds good to me. i think fairlane is right about the safe keeper II, iirc the III is the one w/ the cut out and shorter blade. thats the one i looked at before. i did some thinking last night while playing w/ my dodo and pacific salt and ecided that it wasnt worth the risk to carry it. which means that i just have to get me a kydex neck sheath for one of my spydercos, not a hard task. i already have one belt sheath from river city sheaths for my pacific salt that i have been using while hunting. so i'l just have mike make me up a neck as soon as i decide what model i want hanging. anyway, thanks for all the info guys, i think its best to keep the daggers, dirks, and shanks at home for play and keep the real boys (spyderco) by your side. take care all, and stay safe.
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder: