Its a rumor, but just in case...

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

Filled up tonight at my local BP gas station at $2.99 us/gallon (regular); the pump automatically shut off at $35.00 because of the large rise in "drive-off" thefts and the gas shortage.....Cripes! :eek: With the price headed skywards for gas, I might have to switch to a diesel engine vehicle and learn how to make Biodiesel!: http://www.ybiofuels.org/bio_fuels/siteMap.html
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

:mad: Just went and filled up my wifves van,62.00. :mad:
The price went from 3.29 to 3.49 while I was feuling.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
fret

Post by fret »

This may be a rumor but a soldier home from Iraq told the talk show host that the US government is subsidizing gasoline in Iraq for the people there and it costs only 8 cents (usd) a gallon over there. :eek:
Tank

Post by Tank »

Hey Fret I heard that same thing a few months back,

We just filled one car on wed. 2.78. That is with a 6 cent safeway discount. Just filled the other last night same gas station 24 hours later. with the same 6 cent discount. 3.19

.40 in 24 hours. How can this not be concidered price gouging.

Needless to say,, I'm staying home for the long weekend.
-John
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

At work, we ship about 200 parcels a day, and even more. And we just received a letter from one of the courrier (car and bicycle) company we do business with and starting monday, they are going to charge an extra 22.7% for gas on every bill.. :eek:

And you know what, the petrol is still 20.00$ cheaper than what it was in the last petrol crisis, nearly 30 years ago...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
thombrogan

Post by thombrogan »

skcusloa wrote:Capitalism is the only reason it's going up. They're selling the same gas they had in their tanks 2 days ago at 20 cents more and they haven't even gotten their next shipment in. There is no reason for them to raise it because of the hurricane. They have over a month's reserve at all the refineries. We're being lied to. Not that this isn't normal.
The price you're being charged covers buying the next shipment, not what they've already bought. The high price we're seeing is the end-result of decades of government controls on production and distribution.

It is incorrect to fault the increase on capitalism even though unregulated wares also raise in price in response to current and forecasted scarcity. That's akin to caging and prodding a dog with a sharp stick for years and them blame his biting you on your decision to finally free him.
"I knew you before you knew you had hands!" ~Tracey Brogan

"Ah-ha! A Spyderco moment!" ~Michael Cook

"Hawkbills - Sink in the tip and let it rip!" ~Axlis

"I would rather have questions that can't be answered than answers which can't be questioned" ~Richard Feynman
jaislandboy

Post by jaislandboy »

J Smith wrote: :mad: Just went and filled up my wifves van,62.00. :mad:
The price went from 3.29 to 3.49 while I was feuling.
I feel you JSmith :mad: ! And over here the fuel is being cut off at $35.00 /customer...I heard it was something like a limit of $20-25/customer at some gas stations in Asheville NC. Someday soon, I'm gonna have to get a diesel vehicle and get some Biodiesel...over in Pittsboro, NC: http://www.biofuels.coop/coop.shtml#biographies
brian
"All paths lead back to the Spyderhole..."