First Cut!

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Surf and Turf

First Cut!

Post by Surf and Turf »

Well,

About a week ago was looking for suggestions on what to make my first serious knife, on Monday i ordered them (Just so you know Blades, i took your suggestion and got two knives, a spyderedge Dragonfly and a plain edge Native), and today my knives came in the mail! I cracked open the box and pulled 'em out and was impressed right off the bat; both of the knives looked great, felt great, cut great and even sounded great (i love that nice sharp *click* when they open!)! I had picked up the knives from the post office before work, so i put the Native away (for camping later) and clipped the Dragonfly on my pocket and headed off to work (I took the Dragonfly to work because it was more low profile than the Native; its a bit more subtle around the office). When i got there, I was informed that I had some work to do (go figure), one of the tasks being cutting up some table skirting and putting it on some AV carts. Usually, I would groan about this type of work, but lucky me, I would be able to test out the knife for the first time. Lemme tell you, that little knife went through that skirting like a hot knife through butter; it felt effortless! I took a look at the cut afterwards, it was smooth, clean and looked pretty good. My coworker was impressed also, he wasn't expecting too much from that little knife, but it delivered. Sal and co., keep up the good work, I've had these knives for less than a day and you've already got yourself a loyal customer. tell you what, you keep makin' em and I'll keep buyin' em!

monkeys are funny
ftkinney

Post by ftkinney »

good choise(s) i hope you have fun. what do you see as your next knife?

FTK
Jazzman

Post by Jazzman »

congrats surf and turf and welcome to the forum! that first cut is the most important, for it is often the one that either makes you or breaks you as a genuine spyder knut!
Good luck in all your cutting endevors,
Matt