They're At It Again

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

They're At It Again

Post by Jimd »

Was inside the prison today for lunch (we had some annual training outside today). As I was leaving the lunchroom, they came running through with an inmate on a stretcher, bleeding from head wounds, going into the Dispensary. Seems D-Block was lively today, not sure what type of weapon was used on this fellow.

Interesting...we just had a shakedown search on D-Block a few days ago. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that nearly 400 cells were searched in only a few hours.

It was a good day to be at training. :D
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Jim,
Thanks for sharing that with us. I am glad that no harm came to you in this instance. Will continue to pray for you.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Dr. Snubnose

Post by Dr. Snubnose »

Still better one of the inmates rather than a CO....Doc :D
"Always Judge a man by the way he treats someone who could be of no possible use to him"

*Custom Avatar with the Help of Daywalker*
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

ALoha JimD,

Ahhhh, just another day on the job, huh?

Glad that no CO's were hurt...

God bless and 360IJN,
:cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Update on yesterday's D-Block combat...
There were actually four incidents, not just one. Heavy casualties were sustained on the "other" side.

They locked the block down for several hours. Interesting...inmates get stabbed, the block is locked down. Officers are stabbed, no lockdowns. That sends a nice message.
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Friday night, at one of our sister SCI's, six officers were injured during a brawl in that prison's yard. Details are sketchy at this time, so I'm not sure of the extent of their injuries. I'm sending prayers.
Artwork For Sale

Ed Meinel

Post by Ed Meinel »

Have you considered notifying a news outfit (Fox News?) about the conditions at the "bowels of ****"? Someone might see a really juicy story...
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Ed Meinel wrote:Have you considered notifying a news outfit (Fox News?) about the conditions at the "bowels of ****"? Someone might see a really juicy story...
Most news channels know all about our prison; they're there every other week or so. The majority of time, they're interviewing an inmate for this story or that one. Now and then, they cover some of the extreme violence, or the huge raid we had in 1995.

It's such a well-accepted fact that where I work is so screwed up, no one bats an eyelash. :(
Artwork For Sale