Prayers Needed For Friend

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
psimonl

Post by psimonl »

Loosing a child is the worst nightmare someone have to live. I am very sad to hear this. Tell your friend he has all our support...

Simon
"Everyday above the ground and vertical is a good day".
-Sir A. Hopkins in "The world's Fastest Indian"

"If it hurts, it means you're not dead..."
-Kayakist Marie-Pier Cote

The Spyderco Cookbook
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

psimonl wrote:Loosing a child is the worst nightmare someone have to live.
Simon
I absolutely agree, can't imagine it.
Prayers on thier way.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

My buddy, Bob, is doing as well as can be expected. Things are crazy, he had to pick out a casket yesterday, make arrangements for the funeral/church/burial. He saw the car that his son was driving, covered in blood and bits of bone and hair. We were glad to hear that no alcohol was involved in the accident (that we know of, but the folks he was with before the accident said he wasn't drinking, although the toxicology reports weren't back yet). He was driving home from a restaurant, back to his mom's house, and even called her on his cell to tell her he was on his way. A real good kid.

I still can't believe it happened. I had the priveledge of meeting his son (21) about two months ago for the first time. What a blow. Bob's one of the best guys to be friends with (along with all of YOU!). He works as the laundry supervisor for the prison, and we've covered each other's backs in more than one hairy situation, and we've been through combat together. That kind of bond is rare; we've each trusted each other with our lives.

Thanks to each and every one of you who responded, prayed, sent condolences and positive thoughts. They are all appreciated.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Jim Malone

Post by Jim Malone »

Smoke and prayers send. Give your friend our deepest regards, and tell him if he needs to ventilate his grief he is always welcome on the forum for support.
It's better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Thanks, guys.
The funeral is tomorrow.
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I am very sorry to hear that. My sincere condolences...
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Thanks, guys.

In memory of Robert E. "The General" Lee, Jr.
December 15, 1983 -- August 23, 2005

You will be missed. Your time here was very short, but you made a difference in many people's lives. God rest your soul.
Artwork For Sale