Pissed Pt.2

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.

Post by 224477 »

Chad, this is unbelievable man! Congratulations that you got it back. I was thinking that a***ole had already sold it. I would keep him in my sight being you. You never know when he strikes again. You must be under Gods protection when this happened to you. I am happy, that now you have your knife back.
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
Silvercall

Post by Silvercall »

DAYWALKER wrote:
I will be aware of PITA-Man even more so now, and it's hard, but I gotta forgive in order to be forgiven...

God bless :cool:
Hello Daywalker.....

All I know of you is what i have read from your post. You are a very forutnate man to have so many friends on this site!! Most of all though, i find your faith very inspiring. Through out this whole incident it seems you kept your head cool and you handled the situation well when he turned up with your knife.

Anyways, just wanna say im glad you got your knife back and that this whole ordeal has made me realize that I too have to forgive some people for wrongs that they've done to me in order for me to move on.

Best wishes,
-Jay
:spyder: Silvercall :spyder:
thenick

Post by thenick »

that's a beautiful macleod sword :P

surprised nobody talked about it :D
.:: TheNick ::.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha All,

Mahalo to all of you who posted after mine above... ;) you guys are great, as I said before. Uh, Alex and Paul...how right you both are indeed!

Thank you Silvercall and Nick...yes, that is a Marto of Spain Clan MacCleod sword...you have a thing for swords, huh?

God bless you all :)
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

Just read both related threads! :eek: No wonder you were pi$$ed bro!! I'm so pleased you got it back and no wonder he turned up with his daughter!! ;)

PITA man has shown how additictions can change a personality beyond belief. You stay 360 when partnered with him on the "inside", there's no telling what this individual could do next, especially carrying in, if you know what I mean!! :mad:

360IJN

Simon.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
silverback

Post by silverback »

Cool it's back! And so easy! :)
I think now's the time to convince the guy to see professional help.

Take care!
Few people think more than two or three times a year; I have made an international reputation for myself by thinking once or twice a week. -George Bernard Shaw

Go is a pursuit of such value that one can devote a lifetime to it and have nothing to regret. Why not, then, challenge the limit of your powers. -Toshiro Kageyama 7-Dan
smcfalls13

Post by smcfalls13 »

Daywalker, good to hear you got it back, without having to resort to vicious A** whipping. Though it would have been nice to give painman some pain. :D
:spyder: Scott :spyder:

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give."
-Sir Winston Churchill-
Tank

Post by Tank »

Chad. its great you got your persian back,, Thats a rare thing to happen in those circumstances. Congrats.

BTW.. I to love the MacCleod sword.

John
-John
clovisc

Post by clovisc »

ahhh... great news! i'm very glad to hear you got your persian back!

it's always good to hear a story where the good guy wins... or at least, doesn't lose.

it's a true stroke of good fortune that painman hadn't already sold the thing. most of the addicts i've known would have sold or traded it within an hour of stealing it.

the fact that he gave it back shows that inside, he still knows right from wrong. he probably still has it in him to clean up his act. who knows... maybe this event will help him turn around. there's a strong chance that he needs someone to talk to... especially after the persian incident, which almost certainly was something of a reality check for him. if you know any of his good friends who are already aware of his problems, you might might want to suggest they reach out to him.

if he doesn't find his way back to the right path, well... people who do crummy things eventually get what's coming to them. sometimes it takes time, but... eventually... justice WILL be served. and nature's justice is usually harsher than any sword.
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

Chad, great to hear you have your knife back!!

Re. PainMan's behavior...I'll never condone it. However, (and I'm sure you've already done this)...look deeply at the guy. He's an addict (you said something that he'd been legitimately taking pain meds, but became addicted), and is obviously in a rather pathetic state of existence.

My first impulse would have matched yours; to bust him in the mouth. But afterwards, knowing me, I'd have felt pretty **** bad for doing it. I have a feeling (actually, more than a feeling!) that you would've felt horrible, too.

You did the right thing, bro'!
And I agree with what others here have said...maybe it's time for you and/or several coworkers/friends to reach out to him in a direct manner. I'd approach him directly and just openly talk to him, try to convince him to get the help he needs to kick the addiction.

Everything happens for a reason...like someone else said, maybe this was a sign that he needs your help.
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ALL,

Again, thank you for all your support and replies...I received some interesting PM's and emails...I am blessed knowing you all. This incident OTOH...

Has not left my mind...keeps bugging me. Maybe it's an indication to help PITA-Man out? I dunno...perhaps it's just some form of "aftershock". I work with the guy later today i think, IF I am assigned to the Community Unit again. we'll see what happens...

When I think back, I can hear my wife saying, "It's just a knife! You just won one didn't you?" I tried to explain to her that "losing" THIS Persian was like The Deacon (Uncle Paul) Losing his PE Mariner from Sal, Samo losing that Endura with the name SAL on the blade, UK KEN getting his Native's ripped off, Michael Cook losing his "JDSpydoHawk"...I lost her at that point. :p

So I could only think of this example, a poor one at that, but it worked: I told her, "Let's say Oprah gave you this pen. (Have a buncha pens in a cup thingy next to computer) Now, it's the same as this pen, right? (Holding two of the same pens) You lose this one that Oprah gave you...how would you feel? Would this identical pen take the place of the one Oprah gave you?" She got the message...This Persian was not JUST a knife...I am glad that you guys "speak the language". ;)

Mahalo much again everyone, and God bless :)

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
KP

Post by KP »

Hey, Chad, really happy you got your :spyder: back.
Those prayers helped and people here were really backing you up.

It's not over, PITA-man has his problems and you have to deal and work with him, especially in That environment. Gotta be 360.

Glad not only it worked out to the result, but in the process you acted above the level and don't have to regret a thing. Besides, getting your beloved Persian back is much more satisfactory than beating living .... out that guy.
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Chad

Congrats on getting your Persian back!

I'm of the opinion that we have a limited amount of emotional energy available to "spend" We can use it on those who are important to us or waste it on those who aren't. Don't waste any on Painman, save it for your loved ones!

Now, stop caressing the Persian ;)

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
slick228

Post by slick228 »

Hi Daywalker,

Sorry I missed the original thread when it was first posted. I’m glad to hear that everything worked out and your Persian found its way back home to you. Would you consider retiring your “special” Persian and leave it in your Gawk Box? If so, we can either pitch-in and send you one, or you can purchase one directly from New Graham Knives to avoid the sentiments. I hate to see you lose this knife again. I personally would be extremely reluctant to carry such a special knife. Just a thought…

:spyder:
Spyderco knife collector on a “Q” quest! :spyder: Any assistance will be greatly appreciated! :D
WTC #1520
J Smith

Post by J Smith »

I know how you feel.I only have one like that(can only dream about getting one of those Sal knives).
It is the only knive I have ever been given by anyone other than family members.The SE R Java gave me,at times I want to carry it but I just can't bring myself to do it because there would be no way to ever replace it.So it sets in the safe inside a CRK leather pouch.
[CENTER]0 0[/CENTER]
[CENTER]<[/CENTER]
[CENTER]\____/[/CENTER]
Paul D.

Oxycontin from a personal perspective

Post by Paul D. »

Glad you got your knife back! I know I don't post here much, but I do lurk around from time to time.

I just wanted to comment on the Oxycontin thing. Oxycontin (just Oxy from here on out) is an evil drug. Evil. Oxy is one of the only drugs I know of that people get addicted to while taking it as prescribed by a doctor. I know two people that this has happened to, with one of them being a 3rd cousin. Being from Kentucky where Oxy addiction is epidemic I've heard dozens of other horror stories. My cousin is a good kid (no longer a kid now): Country boy, athlete, loved to hunt & fish and ride his dirt bike. When he was about 15 he had a pretty major accident on his dirt bike; tree + kid x ?mph = several broken bones and a couple of surgeries. His doctor prescribed Oxy and by the time he was healed he was hooked. He went through major withdrawal, mentally at least. Before long he was talking to the kids at school that had access to such things and they were not the kids he normally associated with. His personality changed, he stole from his family, he did anything he could to get more Oxy. Finally he came clean to his mom after about a year of this, becaue he hated himself and was afraid he was going to die. Breaking the habit was incredibly hard, mentally and physically, but he did it. It took a few more years though before he was as outgoing as he was before.

I'm sure some of you are thinking that he must have doubled up on doses or whatever. Not the case because his mom was overseeing the doses of the many meds they put him on. The fact that it is so readily available in the hills of Kentucky made a bad situation worse. The other person I know had a similar experience. I don't know why doctors continue to prescribe such an addictive drug when there are so many pain meds out there. :mad: It speaks to the motives of our drug companies and some doctors IMO.

Daywalker what I'm trying to say is don't hate your former friend for his addiction. I don't know how he got started on Oxy, but if it was prescribed, pity is more appropriate. If he is hooked, he probably was going to sell the knife. He would probably sell himself to get more of this stuff. This doesn't excuse his actions, and he is not to be trusted, but he will have to deal with his conscience when when and if he is able to kick the drug. If he doesn't kick it, his entire life and his family's will more than likely be ruined. The fact that he didn't fess up on the phone was probably due to his conscience fighting his addiction. The fact that he eventually did the right thing means he is still there, somewhere. If he were too far gone he wouldn't have blinked an eye while lying to you.

I'm sorry this is so dang wordy, but it's something I feel very strongly about. Why this drug hasn't been banned outright makes me question our medical establishment. It appears to me to be more addictive than narcotics.

Please don't hate your former friend, but don't trust him either. It's a lose/lose situation for everyone. :(

Paul
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

KP wrote:Hey, Chad, really happy you got your :spyder: back.
Those prayers helped and people here were really backing you up.

It's not over, PITA-man has his problems and you have to deal and work with him, especially in That environment. Gotta be 360.

Glad not only it worked out to the result, but in the process you acted above the level and don't have to regret a thing. Besides, getting your beloved Persian back is much more satisfactory than beating living .... out that guy.
Aloha KP,

Yes...the prayers of my :spyder: Friends here helped out indeed! I have said this many times, and will continue to do so: I am blessed to have such people in my life.

Nah, beating the "living ****" outta PITA-Man would prove nothing, and ANYONE can throw a punch. God willing, I have a future knife design coming outta :spyder: ...I can't be beating people up, and besides, I don't look good in "pre-Trial Orange"! :p

Mahalo and God bless :cool:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

[quote="4 s ter"]Chad

Congrats on getting your Persian back!

I'm of the opinion that we have a limited amount of emotional energy available to "spend" We can use it on those who are important to us or waste it on those who aren't. Don't waste any on Painman, save it for your loved ones!

Now, stop caressing the Persian ]

Hi 4 s ter,

Thank you for your kind words. Yes, this "limited amount of emotional energy" I see as life itself! We can spend it wisely, or waste it foolishly as you said, and I concur absolutely. The ONLY energy I will use on PITA-Man is if he needs help in an incident at work, (Work is work afterall) OR if he needs help for his problem...

Wha? Stop caressing my Persian? Hey, that's using my energy wisely!!! :D

God bless :cool:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

slick228 wrote:Hi Daywalker,

Sorry I missed the original thread when it was first posted. I’m glad to hear that everything worked out and your Persian found its way back home to you. Would you consider retiring your “special” Persian and leave it in your Gawk Box? If so, we can either pitch-in and send you one, or you can purchase one directly from New Graham Knives to avoid the sentiments. I hate to see you lose this knife again. I personally would be extremely reluctant to carry such a special knife. Just a thought…

:spyder:
Ahhhh Slick228,

How are you my friend? Thank you too, for your kind words and support. I too, have had the thoughts of, "What if I "lose" this C83 again?" but remember:

" Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure IS, there your heart will be also."- Matthew 6:19-21

A hard one to follow for sure, yet I must never forget that it is not the Persian that Ed gave me that is important. What is important is the meaning behind *why* Ed gave me one of his Persians and his friendship. THAT is something PITA-Man could never steal. ;) I have to remember that my "treasure" is the designer himself...not the knife he had given. However, I am fortunate and blessed in the return of my C83, a material reminder, yes, a special one at that, of the man who gave it.

Thanks bro, and God bless :cool:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

J Smith wrote:I know how you feel.I only have one like that(can only dream about getting one of those Sal knives).
It is the only knive I have ever been given by anyone other than family members.The SE R Java gave me,at times I want to carry it but I just can't bring myself to do it because there would be no way to ever replace it.So it sets in the safe inside a CRK leather pouch.
Aloha J Smith!

Man, tell me about it. :p This Gunting I got from Hannibal I been carrying from time to time to learn all it's ability, and to take a sip of Kinetic Kool Aid here and there! :D I'd never be able to replace this one. Again, like the Persian Ed gave me, even if I could replace it, it wouldn't be the "same".

Ahhhh, good ol' Java. I hope he is okay as I have not heard from him since forever. Man, that R would not see the light of day as far as I am concerned!

God bless and mahalo :cool: