What Knife Gets Carried Most?

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
VWTattoo

Daily Selection Process

Post by VWTattoo »

I vacillate between quite a few models, but mostly I carry the CE Al Herbst. If I am feeling rather jaunty for the day, I'll pick something a bit larger or just different. Sometimes, it takes a good 5- 10 minutes before I can pick the day's winner! :rolleyes: :o

Today, for example, the C65 Lum SE is along for the ride. The Ladybug II is always on the keyring, so I almost forget about it, except when I need it, of course!
2004 VW R32 :cool:
Got GIN-1?
WOTANSON1

Post by WOTANSON1 »

I carry a Blue SE Dodo for work, it is as someone else said a box cutter on steroids and I like it for that reason. Off work, which I am for now as a stay home dad I carry a SE Endura FRN with the integral clip, I picked up two of them off ebay recently for cheap. I also like the FRN SE Rescue Jr. I bought a couple of weeks ago, my wife liked it so much I bought one for her "bug out purse" as she works in NYC and a sharp blade combined with a good flashlight, might be a good thing nowadays. ;) .
Cheers,
Rob
International Order of the SpyderEdge-founding member

Faith, Folk and Family

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If this is written in English, thank a US Soldier

NOT my "president"

Proud Member of SOSAK
Havatoo

Post by Havatoo »

Spyderco Standard Economy. Since 85. Sometimes I'll go with the Cara Cara instead.
Stevie Ray

Post by Stevie Ray »

I carried an older SE FRN Calypso Jr today ...,
I've been carrying a SS SE Jester at work lately,
Stretch most weekends ...
Steve
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

more and more the Salt 1 is becoming the regular pick. Can't go around how much I love the stainless quality of it, the tip and so on. Quite pleased to see a serrated edge can peel an apple quite good and sharpen a pencil with some care. Gee, I'm becoming less and less of a plain edge guy!
Andyjd

Post by Andyjd »

Grey Calypso Jr. when i'm in work mode
chinook

Post by chinook »

Around the yard/garden/planting its the Renegade CE. A most useful 4 inch blade.

Fishing (at the cleaning station) has seen mostly the C48 Wegner CE. Gets thru the backbone/tailbone with least fuss.

Filleting at home I use the Catcherman SE to saw thru in 3-4 inch sections. Unfortunately at this point I resort to non-Spyderco blades (Gerber Coho and Lakota Fish Hawk) to fillet these cross-sections of salmon into steaks for the barbeque or thinner portions appropriate for the smoker. I am still waiting for the Spyderco fillet blades that were in the works some time ago.

Going to town or on vacation, lately I have been carrying the Commemorative(sp) Worker or the gray Calypso Jr.

The micarta Jester stays on my keychain so it is prolly my most carried.
.><CHINOOK*>
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

Military SE gets the most pocket time lately, followed by the PacificSE or Endura FRN SE.
skcusloa

Post by skcusloa »

I carry my military with me everywhere, except fishing. I carried my delica near water until I lost it when I was rafting. Now I have a replacement endura on the way. I'm thinking of getting a stainless cricket as my "I don't want to scare anyone knife".

I can stand losing $35 to the water, but I can stand losing the mili....
Echo63

Post by Echo63 »

the knife i have carried the most would be my blue 93mm rescue CE
but it has kinda been retired and i now carry a spot and either a native or a delica

when i get my gunting all fixed up and nice and smoothly working then i will carry it everywhere apart from work
d.g.g

Post by d.g.g »

Green serrated Ladybug on my keychain.

http://spyderco.com/catalog/details.php?product=69
Senate

Post by Senate »

My EDC is always composed of a medium/big Spyderco and a Cricket!
I rotate between the CF, SS and Almite models of the great C29...
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
zenheretic

Post by zenheretic »

dialex wrote:That's an easy one: The Dialica. :D Stays with me 99.9% of the time :)
So I wonder if your everyday carry will change once a certain forum knife comes available. :cool:
Follow the mushin, but pay it no heed.