It's a Cold Steel

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

ronin203 wrote:Hey again Daywalker, if you want to see those S&W karambits go to kaligear.com :cool:
Mahalo ronin203,

Went directly to the S&W site. The Camo version looks like EKI's one a LOT.

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Irish Lager wrote:just ordered one the other night. for the price, it cant be passed up. i personally dont have anything against CS other than i think they are usually overpriced on knives. i have a Trail Guide that i have abused for about a year and for the $18 i paid for it, its quite the knife. I used to have a Recon 1 Tanto CE, but traded it in towards my dodo. But this fgx series looks pretty neat, and there not that expensive so why not. Still i like my spyderco's.
J

Hey Irish Lager!

Have fun with it but be careful! the tip is very pointy! I am glad that it is more durable than their FGX Tai Pan...look what happened to mine trying a thrust into a phone book! :o ...now I have a good dulled out trainer! :p So be careful IF you get the Safekeeper FGX's...

God bless :cool:
Attachments
Taipan_broke.jpg
Taipan_broke.jpg (78.29 KiB) Viewed 801 times
Taipans.jpg
Taipans.jpg (36.54 KiB) Viewed 760 times

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

thanks for the tip bro, i will be getting the safe keeper fgx one, but i will treat it w/ a grain of salt. im sorry that the tai pan didnt work out but hey a trainer is always nice. note to self, no phone books.
J
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Irish Lager wrote:thanks for the tip bro, i will be getting the safe keeper fgx one, but i will treat it w/ a grain of salt. im sorry that the tai pan didnt work out but hey a trainer is always nice. note to self, no phone books.
J
Aloha Irish Lager,

Er..."Thanks for the tip"?

I was just concerned that the Safekeeper FGX versions *might* snap in half...hopefully, it'll just flex. Lemme know what ya think of these things...

God bless :D

Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha Irish Lager,

Er..."Thanks for the tip"?

I was just concerned that the Safekeeper FGX versions *might* snap in half...hopefully, it'll just flex. Lemme know what ya think of these things...

God bless :D

will do,
ill be sure to put them through their run, just wont be using any phone books. but then again, the real question is will i be comfortable carrying the safe keeper around? i imagine its pushing legal boundries, but if its a synthetic and not double edged it should be ok.
J

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

J,
When I read your post about carrying the Safekeeper FGX version, I thought I'd point this out to you. Even though its Grivory, it is still a double-edged, push-dagger. I know your concerned about the legality of what you carry, so you might read this.

[INDENT]THE MICHIGAN PENAL CODE (EXCERPT)
Act 328 of 1931[/INDENT]

750.227 Concealed weapons; carrying; penalty.
Sec. 227.

(1) A person shall not carry a dagger, dirk, stiletto, a double-edged nonfolding stabbing instrument of any length, or any other dangerous weapon, except a hunting knife adapted and carried as such, concealed on or about his or her person, or whether concealed or otherwise in any vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business or on other land possessed by the person.
(2) A person shall not carry a pistol concealed on or about his or her person, or, whether concealed or otherwise, in a vehicle operated or occupied by the person, except in his or her dwelling house, place of business, or on other land possessed by the person, without a license to carry the pistol as provided by law and if licensed, shall not carry the pistol in a place or manner inconsistent with any restrictions upon such license.
(3) A person who violates this section is guilty of a felony, punishable by imprisonment for not more than 5 years, or by a fine of not more than $2,500.00.

I think the only way the Safekeeper FGX can get around this law is it being plastic. Problem is, I don’t see any allowances for plastic daggers in the law. This is one I would definitely check with the local DA on if you realy want to carry it.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha ghostrider!

Right on my friend. See, that's what I love about this place...we all seem to have each other's backs covered! We need you as our Warden!

Anyway, you are right in that it does not specify *what* these daggers, stilettos, etc had to be made of to fall into such a category. This is why I keep my Grivory toys at home...well, I do carry the Karambit sometimes for outside facility twirling. :o

Good one ghostrider! God bless you my friend :cool:

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha ghostrider!

Right on my friend. See, that's what I love about this place...we all seem to have each other's backs covered! We need you as our Warden!

Anyway, you are right in that it does not specify *what* these daggers, stilettos , etc had to be made of to fall into such a category. This is why I keep my Grivory toys at home...well, I do carry the Karambit sometimes for outside facility twirling. :o

Good one ghostrider! God bless you my friend :cool:
Hello Chad,
Thanks. I think what's more important than this law "does not specify *what* these dagger. stilettos , etc had to be made of the fall into such a category.", is that it doesn't seem to allow for an exemption for such things. The worst thing about this law is that by using the term "any dangerous weapon", it gives the LEO and prosecutor way too much latitude in that anything from a pencil to a SAK can be used as a "dangerous weapon". In light of that, a plastic push-dagger might, IMHO, be pushing it. However, since this law is written in such a way as to make all citizens felons (since just about any every-day-item can be used as a dangerous weapon), it almost makes it pointless to even try to comply with the law.

Eddited to add:
This doesn't even address the fact that such a law is a clear violation of the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in that by refering to such things as weapons, it is talking about the bearing of "arms", which is a right that is supposedly protected.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

thanks ghostrider,
i will take that into effect and leave it theese toys at home. guess i will just have to get me a yojimbo after all, oh well :) , what can i say im really not upset. just another reason to buy more toys.
J

Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

well the karambit came today:
first thoughts, the size is a little big for my usual liking, but it feels great in the hand. For thoose who dont know i have verry small hands, and i belive that chad as larger hands, so it seems this little fella will fit well w/ any hand size. the first thing i did when i got it out of the package was remove the "key" ring because it was a distraction to me. there isnt too much that can be said short of what was stated at the begining of the thread. The point is scary and for the price it is one neat piece. worth a look i must say.
J