Fighting The System

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Jimd

Fighting The System

Post by Jimd »

So y'all remember the fight I was in about a month ago (See "Rockin & Rollin'). Hurt my leg, lost a day of vacation because of it.

They turned down my IOD (Injured On Duty) claim because the lieutenant who first said I attempted to kill the inmate turned around and claimed I wasn't even involved on my IOD form.

Enter the insurance company, stage left...
I went through it with those turd burglars weeks ago on the phone, told them there was video of me actually being injured, etc. ad nauseum. Blah, blah, screw you, Officer Davis. Okay fine.

So now my appeal process is going in place. They call the prison today to talk to Joe (the one I helped out in the fight). Joe confirmed that yes, I was very much involved in the fight, and that I was injured.

Then they called the (blanking) lieutenant who claimed I tried to kill the inmate while not being involved. God knows what he told them, but he was pacing up and down the corridor as if he was possessed by the spirit from the Exercist today.

They also talked to another CO who was involved, and he told them the same thing Joe told them, so there are consistent witnesses.

Incidentally, I discovered that the lieutenant got his paddies smacked for his original report of me trying to allegedly kill the inmate; the Major told him to resubmit an incident report on the situation, and that this one had better not have any lies in it.

I told these asshats that all I'd (originally) wanted was my vacation day to be put back on my books. That was then. NOW....I want the day back, I want the overtime that I was screwed out of, I want the lieutenant reprimanded, and I want to be paid for pain and suffering, because I had a doctor's letter stating that I'm on light duty and my employer ignored it, causing me to be in more pain than I needed to be.

Now they're going to waste untold amounts of time and money trying to figure out what I told them in the first place....LOOK AT THE VIDEOTAPE, RETARDS!!!! :mad:

"We few, we happy few. We band of brothers. For whoever sheds his blood for me shall be my brother..."
Shakespeare, Henry V

"This fell sergeant, death, is strict in his arrest."
-- Shakespeare
Referee in the Bowels of ****
Email: ST8PEN01@aol.com
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Jim,
I'll pray for you in this situation.

In the mean time, it sounds like you need a lawyer.

BTW.
When you share things like this it gives me the OPPORTUNITY to pray for you. Don't stop, and keep the faith.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

Jim,

Keep truckin' man. Nothin' wrong with fighting the system. Sometimes I hate "the system" and just want to throw it off a cliff.

Being a Christian doesn't mean you have to be a pushover (not that you are). Keep the fight bro.

In the words of Lucas from the movie Empire Records... "**** the man".

Peace out,
David :)
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

ghostrider wrote:Jim,
I'll pray for you in this situation.

In the mean time, it sounds like you need a lawyer.

BTW.
When you share things like this it gives me the OPPORTUNITY to pray for you. Don't stop, and keep the faith.
You know what...and I mean this in all earnestness...you guys are such a **** lift to my spririts!!! I can't put into words how grateful I am for all the support I receive here, and for the prayers.

As for the opportunity to pray for me...sometimes, I don't even know if I should post all the stuff that happens here, because I imagine I sound like a broken record. I wonder if people grow tired of hearing about my whining. As a result, I don't post everything, but usually hit the main points.

Honestly, the place where I work is literally so insane that I'd be typing for an hour if I were to report every single crazy thing that happens. It's that nuts.

Again...thank you ALL for your support and prayers. It reminds me that I am right.
Artwork For Sale

"...We few, we happy few...we band of brothers...For whoever sheds his blood with me today shall be my brother." - William Shakespeare

If you are not willing to stand behind our troops, by all means, please stand in front of them!
Jimd

Post by Jimd »

David Lowry wrote:Jim,

Keep truckin' man. Nothin' wrong with fighting the system. Sometimes I hate "the system" and just want to throw it off a cliff.

Being a Christian doesn't mean you have to be a pushover (not that you are). Keep the fight bro.

In the words of Lucas from the movie Empire Records... "**** the man".

Peace out,
David :)
David, I often tell people, "Being a Christian does not mean you have to be a doormat, and have people walk all over you." I see we're in agreement here. :)

I try not to be a pushover. For a long time, I was passive, thinking that if I took my screwing, they'd move on to others and leave me alone. For whatever reason, that does not seem to be happening.

Therefore, if they're going to be pissed at me, it might as well be for one **** of a reason.
Artwork For Sale

David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

Jimd,

You're also an inspiration to me. Please don't stop posting this stuff. The things you post help many people. I don't get sick of it and I never will. Let it pour out bro. It's all good.

Sometimes we can offer suggestions and sometimes we can't. Sometimes we can only listen. Sometimes listening is all someone needs.

I will also keep praying for you. Prayer is way more powerful than most folks will ever know.

God Bless you and your family Jim!

-David :)
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

I'll second what Mr. Lowry said. The Bible says to "share your burdens". You never know when something you "might" share, may end up being a blessing (maybe inspiration) to someone else.
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

David Lowry wrote:Jimd,

You're also an inspiration to me. Please don't stop posting this stuff. The things you post help many people. I don't get sick of it and I never will. Let it pour out bro. It's all good.

Sometimes we can offer suggestions and sometimes we can't. Sometimes we can only listen. Sometimes listening is all someone needs.

I will also keep praying for you. Prayer is way more powerful than most folks will ever know.

God Bless you and your family Jim!

David, I had no idea that I was such an inspiration. Heck, I'm only....me! At any rate, I'm glad I can help others.

Listening helps, prayers really do help, too. Just knowing there are people supporting me is more uplifting than I can even tell you. Good to hear you don't get sick of my ramblings here. :p

I'm not sure why...but God chose me for this role in life for some reason. I have to trust in Him that He'll lead me down the right path. Still, it's very scary at times. You know what scares me most? Letting my family down.
Artwork For Sale

David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

Jim,

You won't let your family down if you stay in Christ. You just can't. You and a few others like you have a gift, even though it may seem contrary. You are there for a reason.

On a side note: The job I am currently at I would say about 50% of the time I don't care for. It's not the job that I don't like it's the people. They are idiots to put it lightly. But, I know I'm there for a reason also, and I have actually made a difference in at least 2 people's lives. If that's all that I was there for that is all that matters.

Never give up.
Stay in Christ.
All in due time.

ghostrider

One more thing

Post by ghostrider »

The Bible doesn’t exactly address “being a pushover/doormat” but, it does caution us not to cause others to stumble. Often times, by “being a pushover/doormat”, we encourage further such behavior, thus enabling them. That is how we are responsible for “causing our brother to stumble”. This is why we aren’t called to be “doormats”.

That is why it is important that this attitude/behavior should never be adopted out of anger, spite, dejection, resentfulness, or just plain nastiness. It should be done so after careful consideration, meditation, and most of all prayer.

David
[INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

David Lowry wrote:Jim,
I have actually made a difference in at least 2 people's lives. If that's all that I was there for that is all that matters.

Never give up.
Stay in Christ.
All in due time.

David, I know for a fact that I've made a difference in many people's lives, and that gives my job meaning. Even here, from the massive response I"ve gotten in the few minutes since this post was posted, it's obvious that I've made a difference in some of the people's lives that read this.

What an awesome feeling! And you should feel awesome, as well, for helping those two people!
God bless you all.
Artwork For Sale

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

ghostrider wrote:That is why it is important that this attitude/behavior should never be adopted out of anger, spite, dejection, resentfulness, or just plain nastiness. It should be done so after careful consideration, meditation, and most of all prayer.

David
David, great point. And I'm going to be honest...
I'm partially doing this because I feel dejected, angry, spiteful, and just plain nasty. If I said otherwise, I'd be lying. I'm trying to keep all those feelings to a minimum.

Here's what I belive is my bigger reason for doing it: because these people need to be taught a lesson. The lesson is that you can't be a criminal, and yet torment those who work under you with your supreme power and have total impunity. The bosses have become cruel beyond description, and unrighteous. Your workers (my pals and I) will not allow it.

This will be conducted with perfect military precision and cunning. In the end, it will be fairly emotionless, as well; just like if a tentacle reached out to get me, I'd lop it off. Another tentacle reaches, and it, too, is lopped off. Soon, the creature runs out of tentacles, or learns that having one's limbs cut off hurts, and it will cease and desist.

This is not the first time we're doing this. In the past, some have become too big for their britches, and had to be tweaked a tad bit. And so it is with this time.
Artwork For Sale

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Jim,
Keep in mind, I'm not trying to discourage you from doing what's right, and/or required. I just wanted to explain why we, as christians, aren't called to be other people's "doormats". You very well have what is known as a "moral obligation" to do what's right.
[INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:

Jimd

Post by Jimd »

ghostrider wrote:Jim,
Keep in mind, I'm not trying to discourage you from doing what's right, and/or required. I just wanted to explain why we, as christians, aren't called to be other people's "doormats". You very well have what is known as a "moral obligation" to do what's right.
David, I appreciate your illustration of that point; it was a good one to make.

I feel good about doing what is about to take place. These cretins need to be called off and ordered to "heel!". They're out of control, just like a pack of wild dogs.

They need to realize that sometimes, their victims might be a wolf in sheep's clothing. And this is just one of those times. In my heart, I know I'm doing what's right.
Artwork For Sale

ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Jimd wrote:I feel good about doing what is about to take place. These cretins need to be called off and ordered to "heel!". They're out of control, just like a pack of wild dogs.

They need to realize that sometimes, their victims might be a wolf in sheep's clothing. And this is just one of those times. In my heart, I know I'm doing what's right.
It certianly sounds like it, and I am glad it is you who are in a position to stand up for righteousness. Other's may not have your resolve.

God Bless,
David
[INDENT]
Thread for tying tips: