Marttiini knives - opinions?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
i.v

Marttiini knives - opinions?

Post by i.v »

does anyone have any experience with them? what do you think?
i read a few reviews & they seem to be well liked but i wasn't able to find a serious review..
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

wooooaaaaahhh!
Marttiini knives. My first 'expensive' sheath knife I bought for myself at the local Wal-Mart years and years ago.

They are somewhere in the average-good category. I found my little skinner is ground to a very thin edge, making it easy to sharpen and fine for whittling. My specimen had some fit and finish weaknesses, like the guard had some sharp casting residues that I had to remove with a file. Grip is decent. It's comfortable but the rubber thing they use is....adequate. But the blade has a good functionnal shape and the steel is quite good and rather stain resistant, which is good since I used mine mostly for fishin(a skinning knife?!?)

I think Kellam carries some in their "M" line. The one that I had is very much like the MT186, if you want to have a look. But if you go there, have a look at theur puukko. Can't say enough good about those little knives and they are in the same price range. Heck, you can have one of their S4 for 10$ and it's a pretty decent knife in the same category....and hey! A puukko is something else, take my word for it

hope it helps a little

-Dean

Post by 224477 »

Hello i.v,

IMO the are great. We got two at home, a Puuko and a fillet knife. Can be VERY SHARP, especially that puuko. I think for the money you got to catch one of them, cant get wrong, I suggest the puuko or some of its variations.. :)

......................let us know then, ok? ;)
"Having a dull knife is like having a stupid friend."
i.v

Post by i.v »

i found one of their hunting knives for a good price, i'll run a searchfor that puuko.
thanks for the help :p
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

glad we were of any help!
enjoy
Rugger

Post by Rugger »

An old GF brought a Martiini Puuko (and some Mora Frosts) back from Sweden for me many moons ago.
Sharppity-sharp-sharp. Nice knife.