Gunting

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
anorexicpillow

Gunting

Post by anorexicpillow »

hello all i was at my surplus store in burnaby BC, Canada, and looking at the gunting and he mentioned that the gunting guy was coming to town to do classes. im just wondering who this guy is whats his website and where i can get more info on it thank in advance byee
Michael Cook

Buy the gunting! you can turn it around instantly!$$profit, baby!$$

Post by Michael Cook »

http://www.cssdsc.com/
His name is Bram Frank. He's one of Edgar Sulite's long term American students of lameco FMA.
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Ahhhh The Gunting...

*drool*, I was only able to handle a Gunting Trainer a few months back...Gotta admit, I love that particular :spyder: !

Maybe one day...

God bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

anorexicpillow wrote:hello all i was at my surplus store in burnaby BC, Canada, and looking at the gunting and he mentioned that the gunting guy was coming to town to do classes. im just wondering who this guy is whats his website and where i can get more info on it thank in advance byee
You just missed Bram, The seminar was last weekend. July 16 and 17.
Hannibal Lecter

All In Good Time...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

DAYWALKER wrote:Maybe one day...
I suppose that one just never knows, now, does one? ;)

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
JD Spydo

Another Classic

Post by JD Spydo »

Ahh!! Yes!! The BRam Frank Gunting. One of Spyderco's hall of fame "shoo ins" for sure. I have the S30V version CE and I would like to have another 440V PE like the one Doctor Lecter and I bartered on. But I know it got in it's proper hands. That knife truly changed Doctor Lecter and I am 99% sure he will back me up on that one. It has caused me to want to take the classes that Bram Frank does so well. I have a gut level feeling that the Great Spyder Factory will bring that one back with some modifications. The metals are great being S30V and 440V ( S60V). OK Doctor it is all yours. :cool: :spyder:
sal

Post by sal »

Bram Frank is a very knowledgable instructor and the Gunting model is an excellent concept.

If you do have an opportunity to study with Bram, take it.

We do not have inventory of the Gunting at this time. Bram has taken all remaining invenentory.

sal
Hannibal Lecter

Certainly...

Post by Hannibal Lecter »

JD Spydo wrote:Ahh!! Yes!! The Bram Frank Gunting. One of Spyderco's hall of fame "shoo ins" for sure. I have the S30V version CE and I would like to have another 440V PE like the one Doctor Lecter and I bartered on. But I know it got in it's proper hands.
For a time. All things must pass, as the saying goes...
JD Spydo wrote:That knife truly changed Doctor Lecter and I am 99% sure he will back me up on that one.
For the better, I might add. I am never without the Gunting.
JD Spydo wrote:It has caused me to want to take the classes that Bram Frank does so well.
Check out the excellent DVD set "The Gunting: An Instructor's View" available through the CSSDSC website]I have a gut level feeling that the Great Spyder Factory will bring that one back with some modifications. [/QUOTE]

I have reservations about that happening anytime soon.
JD Spydo wrote:The metals are great being S30V and 440V ( S60V).
Both steels are excellent in this application.
JD Spydo wrote:OK Doctor it is all yours. :cool: :spyder:
If you collect knives, you need a Gunting. If you collect Spyderco knives, you need a Gunting. If you practice MBC, you already know that you need a Gunting. ;)

--------
Hannibal
---------------------

"I have followed with enthusiasm the course of your disgrace and public shaming. My own never bothered me except for the inconvenience of being incarcerated, but you may lack perspective."
argyll

Post by argyll »

Michael Cook wrote:http://www.cssdsc.com/
His name is Bram Frank. He's one of Edgar Sulite's long term American students of lameco FMA.

I believe you meant that Bram was a student of Modern Arnis under Prof. Remy Presas.

Best regards,

Argyll
Qui non est hodie cras minus aptus erit -- Ovid (He who is not prepared today will be less so tomorrow)
goke

Post by goke »

Love the Gunting, here's a few shots for no reason:
Did that surplus shop in Burnaby (Dave's?) have any plain edge Guntings?

Simona

Post by Simona »

argyll wrote:I believe you meant that Bram was a student of Modern Arnis under Prof. Remy Presas.

Best regards,

Argyll
Yees, he was ...
BTW, i recommend you visit his seminar sometime, you will not believe, what you can do with Gunting :)
Senate

Post by Senate »

and a happy B-Day to Anorexicpillow!
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

goke wrote:Love the Gunting, here's a few shots for no reason:
Did that surplus shop in Burnaby (Dave's?) have any plain edge Guntings?
Dave's Amry Surplus is actually in New Westminster, just to clearify in case there is any lurkers from the lower mainland looking for a good knife store.

very nice pictures. :)
Michael Cook

Post by Michael Cook »

argyll wrote:I believe you meant that Bram was a student of Modern Arnis under Prof. Remy Presas.

Best regards,

Argyll
Thank you for the correction sir! :) I'm always confusing my Filipino grandmasters!
More of what does not work will not work. Robin Cooper, Rokudan; Aikikai.

There is great power in the profound observation of the obvious. John Stone, Rokudan; Aikikai
Clinton

Gunting for sale...

Post by Clinton »

Sooo, how much was it, and is it still there? I am in the market for a new one, especially if it is a plain edge!

Clinton
*Cho*

Post by *Cho* »

Clinton wrote:Sooo, how much was it, and is it still there? I am in the market for a new one, especially if it is a plain edge!

Clinton
Did you go the seminar this year? You're the same Clinton that was at the Vancouver one last year right?

I've never actually been into Dave's so I don't know if they have any and if they do I do not know the prices. I just know where the store is. :D
BOK

Post by BOK »

Good thing I'm all stocked up on PE Guntings.

I'll let one go for an upper end triple digit figure if you guys want ;)
anorexicpillow

Post by anorexicpillow »

Dave's only has the trainier
anorexicpillow

Post by anorexicpillow »

yeah as am i clinton so tell me if someone contacts you willing to sell more than one