Please excuse me, just something I've got to say..

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
saracen

Please excuse me, just something I've got to say..

Post by saracen »

Watching the celebration's in London today, seeing the veteran's of the war, a war that my grandparent's (gone now) witnessed and told me many storie's and hardship's of the time about.. and seeing today the Queen's fleet of vehicle's making thier way through London, make's me feel **** proud to be British, doubly so under the present circumstance's, and I'll be watching and thinking of them when the Lancaster Bomber make's it's fly past, an image which never fail's to raise a spirit of pride and gratitude within.. and while I'm on the subject may I express my thank's and gratitude to Ernest Emerson for the word's of support on the top of his site, thankyou sir they have been recieved with pride.

Lastly, if I have offended anyone with this post or you feel this was the wrong place for it, let me apologise now.

Thankyou.

I am suprised this thread has made a reappearance.. and on reading that last sentence thought to myself, how typically British, hhmmmm..
:spyder: Paul.
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Can't imagine anyone taking offense at your post Paul. Perfect place, perfect time IMHO. You, the rest of our British members, and your nation as a whole have been in my thoughts and prayers these last few days. I must add that I envy you a bit today, as I would love to see and hear a Lancaster in flight myself.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
philuk44

Post by philuk44 »

Very well said Paul.
We must never forget the debt we owe to those veterans. And while celebrating the end of WW II we should also remember that the fight against those who would threaten our way of life goes on..........
Spare a thought for those affected by recent events and those in the military, police and emergency services who do such great work.

Phil
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Offended? Nonsense. I commend your national pride.

No, the events of the last few days will not be forgotten, least of all by us in the US. As Deacon said, our thoughts are with you.
CKE

Post by CKE »

Good on you!!! Enjoy the Lancaster on its way over. There is nothing wrong with what you have shared. Take Care!!!
Keep Fighting the Good Fight!
Outlaw

Post by Outlaw »

Ditto what The Deacon said.... perfect time, perfect place, & I too would love to see a Lancaster fly.
rorschach

Post by rorschach »

We stand with you!

http://www.werenotafraid.com/

(some other shows of support from around the world.)
-Rorschach :][: RHOS
David Lowry

Post by David Lowry »

Rock on Paul!

I'm an American and I love the Brits!! :)

Both thumbs up to ya bro.
saracen

Post by saracen »

Thank's guy's, I didn't want anyone to be offended or think it was OTT, it's just every now and again 'the spirit' rise's and you just have to say what's on your mind.

Incidentally, the fly past included a Catalina, Liberator's and B17's, truly good to see.
WOTANSON1

Post by WOTANSON1 »

Cheers and say what you want, no wonder the bulldog is an unofficial symbol of the UK, as my friends in the west mid-lands allways say "never let the bastards win".
Cheers,
Rob
International Order of the SpyderEdge-founding member

Faith, Folk and Family

If you can read this, thank a Teacher.
If this is written in English, thank a US Soldier

NOT my "president"

Proud Member of SOSAK
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Outlaw wrote:Ditto what The Deacon said.... perfect time, perfect place, & I too would love to see a Lancaster fly.
I agree with Outlaw in that he's agreeing to what The Deacon said. :)

God bless Saracen! :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

saracen wrote:Thank's guy's, I didn't want anyone to be offended or think it was OTT, it's just every now and again 'the spirit' rise's and you just have to say what's on your mind.

Incidentally, the fly past included a Catalina, Liberator's and B17's, truly good to see.
Have seen and heard those three, plus the Mitchell, Marauder, and Superfortress. All are awe inspiring, but, having "ear-witnessed" a P51 Mustang in low level flight, just have to think that four Rolls Merlins on one airframe would sound incredible.
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Ray.Hood

God bless the Allies.

Post by Ray.Hood »

There's a new version of the Axis out there, called the Taliban.
We here in Iraq feel for all our friends in London. May God bless and keep us.
Ray
Ray.Hood

A little something...

Post by Ray.Hood »

.....to bring a smile.
Attachments
Compu-Bunny.gif
Compu-Bunny.gif (10.37 KiB) Viewed 1828 times
saracen

Post by saracen »

Nice one Ray, personally I feel for you guy's out there but your right, over here.. there's definitely a change in the air ! nuff said. ;)

God bless and stay safe.
davec

Post by davec »

The special kinship between the U.S. and U.K. transcends mere treaties or pacts. It's good to know that we have a brother in Europe who watches our back and vice versa. The Lion of England is as noble as it's people.
Goldtanker

Post by Goldtanker »

My uncle flew a B-17 out of Polebrook during WWII and told me many stories of the impossible courage of the British people in the face of such hardships that could not be imagined. Ironically, the subways served as bomb shelters in those days.

A quote from a guy who is on my short list of Greatest Leaders in History.

"You ask, What is our policy? I will say: it is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us...That is our policy. You ask , What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victory - victory at all costs. Victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be: for without victory there is no survival."

-Winston Churchill, first speech as Prime Minister to the House of Commons, May 13, 1940.
"They've got us surrounded again ... the poor bastards." - Gen. Creighton Abrams
Spyderco WTC#1394 and #2305
Ray.Hood

No problem Saracen!

Post by Ray.Hood »

Stay tough like your namesake my friend, we're all praying for you guys and gals. I did see that the Police picked a few baddies up too!