D'Allara Rescue

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
Irish Lager

D'Allara Rescue

Post by Irish Lager »

Just ordered one, and should have it soon. Just thought i would get some of your thoughts about it. Ive read the story behind it, and i think its really great that :spyder: named it after John. It shows how they truely value customers and friends.
GS
Say what you mean, Mean what you say! :spyder:

WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

I Think It Is A Great Knife, I Use Mine For Edc Self Defense Role, I Think It Is A Superior Knife In That Role, Its Like A Giant Dodo, Its Action Is So Fast, It Just Flicks Open. It Is A Very Large Strong Knife. I Know It Was Built For Rescue But As A Defensive Knife It Rules!! #9
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

WORKER#9 wrote:I Think It Is A Great Knife, I Use Mine For Edc Self Defense Role, I Think It Is A Superior Knife In That Role, Its Like A Giant Dodo, Its Action Is So Fast, It Just Flicks Open. It Is A Very Large Strong Knife. I Know It Was Built For Rescue But As A Defensive Knife It Rules!! #9
Never thought of it in that capacity before but why not I guess. It does have more blade, what around 2"? Its beefy, that's for sure. And lock up is secure. It'll work.
sal

Post by sal »

The latest version has had handle changes. The handle is thinner by quite a bit and we've opened up the ball bearing access area.

There is a D'Allara drop point in the works.

sal
WORKER#9

Excellent Knife Made Better!!!

Post by WORKER#9 »

I Think A Lot Of People Have Not Given This Knife The Credit It Deserves. This Is A Big Burly Knife, A Mans Knife!!! With The Improvements That Sal Mentioned It Should Be Perfect. The Picture Of Mine Is The Old Style With The Thicker Handle. My Only Complaint Is The Handle Eats Away At My Pants Pocket, But That Has Been Fixed According To Sal. But I Have Grown Very Partial To This Old Model I Own. #9
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

the one that i purchased is more than likely the older model, but i have been carrying a rescue clipit for quite some time and although i enjoy it, the aus 8 blade is a little soft. I wanted a vg10 and was intrigued by the locking mechanism. i expect magnificent things.
GS

WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

One Advantage Of The Older Model That Once Clipped In To A Pocket It Will Not Slide Out On Its Own One Thing I Have Seen With Slippery Stainless Knives In Certain Situations. #9
spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I think the D'Allara rescue is a great knife. When I took it out of the box it opened very smoothly but there was much blade play. This was quickly solved with the adjustable pivot pin. A knife to my heart!!
I don't give a rat's *** about my jeanspocket(I'm into knives not clothes) .I have the older model too.
Chris_H

Post by Chris_H »

The D'Allara Rescue is a stout knife, but feels great in-hand. It inspires confidence for use, and has a really smooth action.

I'm looking forward to more :spyder: knives using shaped FRN (or other materials :D ) like this model. The palm swells are nice!
"All your :spyder: are belong to us."
** WTC # 1032 1533 **
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

#9, or anyone really....any chance of getting a photo looking straight down on the spine of the D'Allara with the knife open? If the Dodo were in that shot it would be even better. Thanks!
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Gc Here You Go Snapped A Few Quick Ones Got To Go To Work Now! :(
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

One Nice Thing About Those Pictures Is It Shows The Full Steel Inner Frame Of The Dallara, One Of The Features That Makes The Knife So Strong. The Knife Is Built Like A Tank It Really Is Not A Frn Knife As A Frn Handled Knife. #9
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

#9, thanks for that. Shows what I wanted to see.
Senate

Post by Senate »

for those who might consider buying a D'Allara after the great pics from #9, remember that the WTC knife is based on it (S30V blade though) and the project is coming to an end in august...

Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Thank You Senate. The Wtc Knife Is Very Special. #9
sotyakr

Post by sotyakr »

That's great news, Sal. I was considering the purchase of a Rescue series knife, and it sounds like the my two main reasons for not really considering the D'Allara have been addressed in the updated version. Think I'll wait and see what the drop point looks like. Should be perfect for my needs!

sal wrote:The latest version has had handle changes. The handle is thinner by quite a bit and we've opened up the ball bearing access area.

There is a D'Allara drop point in the works.

sal
Irish Lager

Post by Irish Lager »

can someone tell me roughly how think/wide the handle is? Is the older style quite bulky or will it be a plesent carry along with feel?
Thanks,
GS

spydutch

Post by spydutch »

I have the older style and I find that the handle feels the best of all of my spyders(Native III comes close though)
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

Wow that's great stuff. I had no idea that it had steel liners and it was so large. Looks like a brute.

Threads like these make me consider Spydies that I never would have before. :) Thanks man!

David
Colossians 3:1-17 - rules to live by.
Civilian

Post by Civilian »

I picked up one about a year ago just because it was a great price. Man am I glad I did it is a sweet piece.
MAT :spyder: TER
Just-American
WTC#1511
"Hunt You Down All Nightmare Long!"
"Civilian Lovers appreciate nice curves" insp. by Dr. Snubnose