Where's Jimmy Dean & Simona?

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
JD Spydo

Where's Jimmy Dean & Simona?

Post by JD Spydo »

Yeah!! Where is Jimmy Dean. It almost seems spooky without him. I really enjoy doing "point/counterpoint" discussions with the good brother. I hope he is all right. Does anyone know? Also I thought that the lady Simona was supposed to be back. I seen her do one thread and no more. OK let me know. JD Spydo :spyder:
Zoic

Busy

Post by Zoic »

J.D.:

I saw that Simona was active on the forum viewing earlier this a.m. I believe I remember her say she had been moving and had been very busy of late.

Hope this helps.

----
Kurt
-------------------------------------------------
A closed mouth gathers no foot. :D
Senate

Post by Senate »

Jimmy's last activity was on 04-04-2005 ans his post count is 666! coincidence or not? :eek:
Alexandre.
Spyderco WTC#1978
JD Spydo

Head scratcher for sure

Post by JD Spydo »

Well Senate that's really funny. I can't hardly believe that it's been that recent since he chimed in last. He normally almost without exception responds to all the threads that I respond to. I haven't seen or heard of him in this month of April that I can recall. I don't even want to touch that 666 crap. I am a Christian and I just don't venture into those areas at all. I truly hope that is nothing but coincidence. Strange coincidence I must admit. :confused: Well Jimmy if you are out there listening I hope all is well. :)
Senate

Post by Senate »

sorry about the 666 bad joke, that wasn't smart of me :o
Alexandre.
Spyderco WTC#1978
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha JD Spydo!

Ahhhh, you'll find them "lurking" about once in awhile...I hope they're okay too.

Senate: 666? And they posted about ME turning to the Dark Side :p

God bless you guys :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
crahen

Post by crahen »

When I got to 666 the other day I quickly posted another to get to 667 :p So the devil didn't get me :)

WOW! I'm at 670 already :eek: Dang I talk a lot :D I'm no different in person though :rolleyes: :o
Those in the know use Spyderco.
Senate

Post by Senate »

DAYWALKER wrote:Aloha JD Spydo!

Ahhhh, you'll find them "lurking" about once in awhile...I hope they're okay too.

Senate: 666? And they posted about ME turning to the Dark Side :p

God bless you guys :cool:
I know dude, maybe heavy metal has too much influence on my poor head :D
Alexandre.
Spyderco WTC#1978
Simona

Post by Simona »

Hi :o ,

thanks for asking!

Eeegh, uu.. im not ok, really im not, still feel bad and im in bad condition now : broken two ribs, hand, 12 stitches in the head, concussion of the brain, strike leg and shoulder, pain me neck, tense muscles i do not count and now i have dark blue/yellow face - im like a zombie ... but head i have ok and these artistic "make up" from my face will go away to end of April or so, i hope ...

Met Terminator? Some peoples think so, when they see me ...
Not, its stupid, but i met some stones and tree, second week of March ...

We visited Alps in Austria, and i fall in high speed on the ski, so it happened ...
Nice hospital they have here, really reliable professional rescue team for idiots like i am ... and in addition, i have had free ride in helicopter :) , unfortunately i cannot enjoy fly, because i was in the insensibility ... i wake up in the hospital, when they move me from wheel stretcher at emergency at the table, but i dont remember not so many, i cannot open eyes, i thought, thats its snow or i dont know what, but that was my blood from broken head and nose ...
They still ask me something in the German, i dont knew what and what happened and where im and why im there, but probably someone saw small czech flag on my ski overalls, and someone say still in english to my ear something, that i have stay lie down or someting similar ..really i dont know..mix of pain, voices, lights...i dont know

Worst thing was, that i have my head blocked in some **** device, but thats not, what i remember, not so bad from all - mostly horrible thing --i have had something in the neck, some tube or i dont know. I was still trying get to sit and i was in panic that i cant breathe and i tried with hand remove this **** thing from my neck, they still push me back, someone hold my head and someone next hold my hand and legs and someone start removing this tube from my neck, after i immediately start spew blood and probably also wiener schnitzel and potato salad what i have had over lunch, hehe, thats funny now, but this is mostly horrible thing, what i remember.... first i have had feeling, that im dying..
I got probably some injection, because i remember, i stayed in quiet, and i was looking only to huge light, where was a lot smaller light, above me.. They stick me after to some tunnel and they move me to surgery, and next i dont know... probably, yes, they set right my broken hand and sew up my head there... i dont remember.

I wake up in the room, with feeling, that some tank would go over me ...

After i get to know, that they have had suspicion, if i have not something with the neck and if my broken ribs isnt stabbed in the lungs, but fortunately they expect that not!

6 days i stayed in the hospital, but problem after was following, i cannot sit to car, because these fu..... ribs was so painfully, when i trying to sit, thats unbelievable how many. And we was there, with my sister, with two doors sport mercedes, and i wasnt able go to back and sit there, in the car ...
I hate this SLK model from now...
At the end my uncle sent to Austria Vito, so i have had bed and tv there, for moving :)

Now im better, but really im not in condition for aerobic training ..., im glad, that i can sit or go selves under shower ...
No saltos, hehe .. :-)

But cats have 7 lives .... i spent one now in Austria :)

When i summarize all, i must say that best thing is, that i have had ski crash helmet, that its mostly positive thing, but negative thing is, that helmet crack, and these injury on the head i have not from stone or tree, but from crash helmet... its some fibreglass, not so bad, but not the best ..but without ski helmet, i dont know i dont know ... passed away probably...
Next, hi-tech carbon fiber ski helmet needed!
Im not some ski begginer, im going to ski from my sixth years and i think, that im very good skier downhiller (eeeh..maybe i must change my mind now, ok..), i never have not problem with high speed on the ski, i have had really hi-tech carving ski, hi-tech ski boots, but NO hi-tech carbon fiber ski helmet.
It was laminate/fibreglass?, i dont know right word probably, for example canoe is from similar material ... it can crash and it happened.
Crash, cut my head, thats true, but catch stroke.

Im thinking, what will happen with CF helmet, probably you will have your head ok, but you will dead with broken neck :) , i dont know...by power of strike what you get probably..

Ski ok, ski fly away, truncated for my weight, minus 5kg down, thats good, but one ski picket fail, one stayed in the holder what you have in the hand, when i was falling and doing saltos, still i have had one picket on the hand, luck, that i have not ski picket stabbed throught my body somewhere....

Finally, reason why i fall was probably piece of branch, one of my ski probably go up, i was flying to the wood and next i dont know ...

Hehe, but all is ok, i do not think leave this forum so easy! :)
I see a lot of new nice models, thats awesome :)
SzaboFly still not?? And what with japanese style knife, when will be, i forget name now..., nooot this is not from strike what i got to my head, but i cant remember name now oooonly ... :) ))

Have a great weekend :)
...and rather do not ski ...stay in the pub down ..its safer :p
4 s ter

Post by 4 s ter »

Simona

Sorry to hear about your mishap and all the problems that went along with it! Hope you have a full and speedy recovery!

David
David

"Not all who wander are lost"
"To liner or not to liner? That is the question?" -- Sal
"Rule number nine: always carry a knife." -- Special Agent Jethro Gibbs/NCIS ;)
crahen

Post by crahen »

And I was feeling sorry for myself for having a bad head cold :rolleyes:

Hope you get well soon :)
Those in the know use Spyderco.
WORKER#9

Post by WORKER#9 »

Godspeed On Your Recovery, And On The Broken Ribs Get Some Sleeping Pills I Cracked My Ribs Years Ago And Sleeping Was Living ****. The Lack Of Sleep Almost Killed Me.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Sorry to hear about you accident. Hope you have a speedy recovery. :)
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
JD Spydo

In Our Prayers

Post by JD Spydo »

WEll Ms. Simona you are in our prayers for sure. We wish you a very speedy recovery and hope you are hitting on 8 cylinders again very soon. You are right the Szabofly will be out soon. I am looking very forward to it myself. I finally found one of those Plain Edge Bram Frank Guntings that I e-mailed you about 3 months ago or so. I had a very tough time finding it like you told me I would. By the way was Jimmy Dean skiing out there in the Alps too? We still haven't found him yet :D . Take care Ms. Simona and we hope to have you back in full swing soon :) :spyder:

Post by 224477 »

Sia,

terrible story, great end (you live)..
Hope you will get back into the normal life soon, positive energy sent.
GrossPolluter

Post by GrossPolluter »

Good Grief, Simona!!! :eek:

How horrible! So nice to see you posting again! Best wishes for a super-quick recovery!
thenick

Post by thenick »

wow what a story

I'll be more carefull next time I'll do some downhill

wish that you will be ok and have no sequel of that.
.:: TheNick ::.
Ted

Post by Ted »

Simona, I hope you get well soon!

Ted
Senate

Post by Senate »

take care girl! :)
Alexandre.
Spyderco WTC#1978
i.v