Forum members user names

Discuss Spyderco's products and history.
crahen

Forum members user names

Post by crahen »

I know some members are sensitive about revealing who they are, though they may not have to on this but;

On another post clovisc explained how his user name came about. Thought it was very interesting :) Some have rather mysterious user names.

So, the question is; what does your user name mean or how/why did you pick it?

Mine is easy...crahen - First three letters of first and last name :D
Those in the know use Spyderco.
spyderknut

Post by spyderknut »

First name is really Knut
crahen

Post by crahen »

spyderknut wrote:First name is really Knut
Really? Very interesting :)
Tank

Post by Tank »

I use my dogs name. I just like it.
Attachments
Tank in snow.jpg
Tank in snow.jpg (85.7 KiB) Viewed 2791 times
vampyrewolf

Post by vampyrewolf »

long story short, I used to play online games whenever I was home...

the group that brought me over to heat.net was the group I played quake online with... we hunted as a pack, and my job was to find the biggest gun, stockpile ammo, and find a dark corner to snipe from.

I ran under either vampyrewolf or phoenix depending on the game for that day... depending on if I was a sniper or part of the rush(I had already altered my game to respawn automatically within about 2sec of death, so I could be killed 200x a day and not lose my gear unless you pulled a telefrag).

This name has been stuck since about 97 or so... I think you find 10K or so hits on my name in a search compared to 3-4 on my real name.
Coffee before Conciousness
Why do people worry more if you argue with your voices than if you just talk with them? What about if you lose those arguements?
Slowly going crazy at work... they found a way to make the voices work too.
Fisher of Men

Post by Fisher of Men »

For me it comes from Matthew 4:19

“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will make you fishers of men.”.

So, I'm trying to be a "Fisher of Men".

Some people may notice the fish shape made out of greater than and less than signs in my signature. That's related too.

Thanks for asking. Always happy to talk about it.

Sincerely,
David
The Deacon

Post by The Deacon »

Mine is both a carryover from a former online addiction, and a connection with an offline interest of mine.

The name, and the avatar I use with it on some of the other forums, comes from "nose art" that was painted by a gentleman named Don Allen. It originally graced the engine cowling of a P47 Thunderbolt that flew the unfriendly skies of western Europe during WW II. I have long been interested in WW II aircraft, was at one point contemplating building a RC model of a P47, and had tucked that design and several others by the same artist away for possible use.

While that project never got off the ground, I later used it as one of my personas while playing pinochle, spades and hearts online. I brought it to the forums with me when I developed an interest in knives. In the context of the artwork, which appears below in its orginal form, it suits me perfectly, as I tend to be a bit irreverant and get more than a bit preachy at times. I made the version I use for my avatar left handed and animated it.

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]
Paul
My Personal Website ---- Beginners Guide to Spyderco Collecting ---- Spydiewiki
Deplorable :p
WTC # 1458 - 1504 - 1508 - Never Forget, Never Forgive!
Spidernoir

Post by Spidernoir »

Years ago when I first got online I signed up with AOL. I tried several names. This process took about 3 hours. Realizing that every name I thought up someone else had. Finally I looked at my Cricket and tried spydernoir. The rest is history.
crahen

Post by crahen »

Tank wrote:I use my dogs name. I just like it.
These are all very interesting :) Hope everyone responds :D

Tank - I think if I used my dogs name people would be thinking "funny" things about me... Gracie :eek: :D
i.v

Post by i.v »

mine's not very interesting, first letter of my first name & first letter of my last name :rolleyes:

Post by 224477 »

the combination of numbers is just a little changed ID personal number.
In Slovakia, when man is born he becomes a number, like personal ID. It is the most important one, because it is written in your EVERY id card, it is like social security nr. in u.s., I just think so. So 224477 is a little bit changed one.
I wont write here the original one, for security..
Once I have been making an mail account and didnt want to make something like "Johny777" or other stupidity, so achieved this cute Nr.
You can find me on any other forums under this one (british blades, BFC, ...) when you see someone called "224477" it is probably me.
Btw. my real name is "Jano" (pronounced "Yanno") = it means "John" or "Sean" (in Scottish) or Hans (in German)..

I really enjoy being a part of this :spyder: world. :)
Damage1978

Post by Damage1978 »

First two letters of my First, Middle and Surname and the year of my birth.

Dan
Dan
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

Ghostrider is a Marvel Comics character as well as comic character from before my time, and I used to collect them. Since my job often involves driving caskets around I just put the two together.

David
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
Hellz

Post by Hellz »

Mine comes from an expletive I remember my Father using years back: "Hells Teeth!"

It wasn't until I came across it again in a book (I think it was East of Ealing by Robert Rankin) that it really made me laugh and I decided to use it as my online alias, which eventually got shortened to Hellz...

I also registered the domain hellzteeth.com one evening while drunk... :rolleyes:

Take care,

Hellz
LONE WOLF

Post by LONE WOLF »

I chose my name because wolves are my favorite animal, and I am a loner.
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

When my provider was sold, I waited too long to re-register my original name and so like Spidernoir, everyname was taken. I was driving a green cobra mustang at the time and so greencobra.
UK KEN

Forum Name

Post by UK KEN »

Hello All!

I started life here as Bargain Blades as that was my eBay trading name. I am also a member at British Blades so the name B/Blades was causing some confusion!

I decided to make it simple and use my name but there was a Ken here already.......so, UK KEN it is :D I have now changed my eBay trading name to UK-KEN and my web site is uk-ken.com it makes life less complicated. ;)

Ken
Simon G

Post by Simon G »

My First name and the first letter of my Last name. I'm a simple man of simple tastes! ;)

God Bless.
"From this day to the ending of the world, we in it shall be remembered; we happy few; we band of brothers...for he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother." -Henry V

"......and he that has no sword, let him sell his cloak and buy one." - Luke 22:36
rs2

Post by rs2 »

I started using RS2 the first time I registered on a forum (I don't remember which one it was). It is just a different way of writing my initials, which are RSS.

By the way, I just got my first Spyder two days ago - a Para Military PE that I ordered from BestKnives. Great knife! I'm thinking of ordering a Yojimbo next, or maybe a Manix, or ...

Ron
greencobra

Post by greencobra »

Ron, welcome.