Waiting on the postman... still

If your topic has nothing to do with Spyderco, you can post it here.
Outsider

Waiting on the postman... still

Post by Outsider »

First of all hello! I am new...

General question here. I am currently waiting on a couple of knives that I recently ordered. I drive myself crazy everyday by checking tracking #s, even though I know the knives aren't here yet.

What do you all do during your "limbo" period while waiting on knives? I need to help save my sanity. (Well, what's left, at least!)

In a way, it makes it all the sweeter when the knives come, but I wish I could just forget they were coming so I could be more suprised!

Help!
Senate

Post by Senate »

2 things:

-play with the ones you have
-order some more so you won't be waiting too much between 2 arrivals... ;)

welcome to the forum

:)
Alexandre.
-------------------------------------------------
Spyderco WTC#1978
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Constant masturbation could help, but surfing the net would probably wiser. Not that i am against masturbation but what are you going to do when the mailman rings the doorbell with your parcel? So to be on the cautious side, you could knifesturbate (smoothing the action of your Spyderco's), sharpening and take long cold showers. :p

Oh didn't realise you where new here, sorry, we sometimes get weird inside (well i do), but we normally don't do it in plain vision ( good masturbation tip too) ;)

WELCOME IN YOUR NEW HOME
Never turn your back to a chicken
ghostrider

Post by ghostrider »

You’ll be okay. Just sharpen the ones you already have and kept an eye out for the ones you wan.. I mean need. :)
First they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not stand up, because I was not a Trade Unionist.
[INDENT]
[INDENT][INDENT]Attributed to Pastor Martin Niemöller [/INDENT] [/INDENT][/INDENT]
Thread for tying tips:
http://spyderco.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18317

Hawkbills- Sink in the tip, and let it rip!!! :D - Axlis
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Outsider,
Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay.
I have 2 Q's inbound right now. Expected delivery next Monday. What I do is visit the :spyder: co forums and converse with the other mates here. It's amazing how time flies.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
Outsider

Thanks for the tips

Post by Outsider »

One came in today! That should help. My sharpmaker isn't here yet either so that takes that option away.

I'm at work, so the masturbating would get weird. I'll try it though...

Thanks for all your help, and the kind welcomes!
Ted

Post by Ted »

Chris, guess what the postmen delivered today :) on schedule as usual!

Ted
boxer93

Post by boxer93 »

Did forget to mention I actually get to watch for deliveries that are for others too :D This is definitely an unexpected pleasure since I can see more knives (and things) than I would buy for myself.
Ted, What do you think of those AGR's, additionally the backcountry package showed up yesterday too. I repackaged it, but we got another 10cm of snow today. I should have it in the post tomorrow.
Chris
Be Excellent to each other.
Mongo

Post by Mongo »

Nah, better not, what if you get caught? Explain that you do it, because you are waiting for a knife delivery, could have you end up with the Human Resource guys and a quick trip to the braindoc! :D
Never turn your back to a chicken
Jimmy_Dean

Post by Jimmy_Dean »

I usually sit there and drink beer.
DAYWALKER

Post by DAYWALKER »

Aloha and welcome Outsider!

I know your pain man...I am waiting on one from Canada, but I always gotta wait until them Custom's guys are done playing with my knives first! :mad: :rolleyes:

Enjoy your stay and God Bless :cool:
Proverbs 16:3...Commit YOUR works to the LORD, and YOUR plans WILL succeed!

"Where's the best little big knife not designed by Sal or Eric?" ~ thombrogan, WSM

Avatar by my KnifeBrother, DiAlex...C102 Adventura designer, 2005 Spyderco Forum Knife! ;)
Outsider

Almost through it

Post by Outsider »

Thank you all for the kind words!

I got my MeerKat yesterday and the Manix might come in today! Thank you for helping me through the tough times!

:D I am very excited about the Manix!!! :D

I hope I don't scare the mailman as I run at him today! I'll let you all know what I think!

Matt
Mariner

Post by Mariner »

DAYWALKER wrote:... I am waiting on one from Canada, but I always gotta wait until them Custom's guys are done playing with my knives first
Well, there's a switch! At least they will pass them on to you when they've finished playing with them.

So, this is what I've been missing by buying locally :eek: Thank goodness I have have the option of walking into a local vendor and saying "Here's my money, now give me my :spyder: :D

Enjoy you Manix Outsider, it's a awesome folder :) .
gordonk

Post by gordonk »

In one sense, getting my two seized was a good thing (I think!!). I wouldn't have bought my Delica, otherwise. And then I found a BM Pika on sale....and then....I noticed that the Calypso got discontinued and got to thinking...I wonder if if that knife shop up the street is also putting them on sale as well....

I tend try to add something to my collection every two to three weeks in the under $150 CDN range, slightly longer if it goes over ( I actually budget for this!!). If I have to wait longer than that, I play with my other ones. I "thought" I had my buying pattern figured out - until I bought the Delica - now I have to re-think this :D

-gord
fret

Post by fret »

Waiting for the mailman makes me nervous so I hone my knives. ;) Crossword puzzels help. :rolleyes: Consuming huge amounts of food and drink helps too. :p Or shovel snow. :(
Fisher of Men

Welcome Outsider

Post by Fisher of Men »

Welcome :D

I usually live life while I'm waiting for my knives :) I have lots to live for!

Then, later on, I grab my Scorpius and spyderdrop it a few times and then I flip it open and closed while sitting on the couch watching TV with my wife. That is until she tells me to quit flipping that thing. :)

I know that "click" "click" "click" can get annoying.

Glad to have ya here. Enjoy!
:spyder:
Piet.S

Post by Piet.S »

Don't forget trying not to get cranky.
Scotch

Post by Scotch »

I hate when the UPS guy just leaves the package there. And When I go out to see if he has arrived. It is just sitting there at my door. I hate it because I just wasted a whole day without my new knife.